Wrestling Forum banner

Is Cena Starting To Crumble?

6785 Views 58 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  WrestlingforEverII
Since The Rock came back and Miz finally stepped up i feel like cena is starting to lose whatever it was he had. Just read this interview

WWE star John Cena told Anthony Castellano of Newsday.com that he wants no part of wrestling Undertaker at a future WrestleMania. "Nooooo,” Cena said, very adamantly shaking his head. "He just doesn’t lose. That’s not a profitable night for anyone."

Cena also spoke about The Rock returning to WWE. "The fact that he tried to pick a fight with the toughest guy in the place, that’s kind of his style," said Cena. "But you know me, I don’t back down from anyone. I think it’s going to make some good television.

"He’s supposed to host. That’s all I know. When he came back on that first night he said he was back for good,” said Cena. “I can only hope that’s the truth because I would certainly like to have many, many matches with him."
First not wanting to face taker is ridiculous, secondly how can you call yourself the toughest guy there when you just said you wouldn't fight a guy who's considered the toughest person there. Next i believe the parts about rock are work/shoot but still he started the war of words and continues to say rock started the fight:confused:

Then after that interview he says this in another interview
After telling Newsday.com that he didn't want to face Undertaker in a WrestleMania match, he stated during a TheGarden.com video interview that he would like to face Undertaker at WrestleMania 30.
:confused::confused::confused:

I really think he should just keep quiet till the rock leaves
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
669 Posts
Cena's a one trick pony who's only a "big" star now because all the real superstars left the company. It's apparent that he doesn't draw as much as what guys like the Rock and Stone Cold could. Just look at the Rock's return; it was the highest rated segment of the show and garnered almost 1 million addition viewers to the show. John Cena sounds like he's starting to develop the ego maniac image that Hulk Hogan is known for. Soon he'll be refusing to job to someone like the Rock or the Undertaker (oh wait, that's why he doesn't want to face the dead man at WM lol). The return of WWE's finest is the best thing the company can do because Cenas not doing much for them.

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see anything wrong with the interviews
It's just not a good look i mean saying you'll never face a guy is one thing, but to do another interview probably the same day and say the complete opposite is just dumb. He's not the first to do it i just think it's embarrassing for any wrestler/Athlete to do that. The problem with the interview is that it did come off hoganish in the sense he had to prop himself up like he's the best, a guy that constantly tells you he's smart is normally ignorant (hogan) to how society really sees him.

· Registered
20,782 Posts
I read the OP several times, where's the crumble?

· Registered
2,362 Posts
First not wanting to face taker is ridiculous, secondly how can you call yourself the toughest guy there when you just said you wouldn't fight a guy who's considered the toughest person there. confused:
Most of this has already answered but just on this point: John "the champ is here" Cena has the WWE title as his number one priority. In character he wants to be champion more than anything, and therefore at any given Wrestlemania he would only want to face Undertaker if he happened to be the current champion.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
That was a kayfabe interview and the first answer was just him going after the internet again, as he has been wont to do the last year and change. He knows 'Taker/Cena is the last big money match this company can book.

· Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Cena's a one trick pony who's only a "big" star now because all the real superstars left the company. It's apparent that he doesn't draw as much as what guys like the Rock and Stone Cold could. Just look at the Rock's return; it was the highest rated segment of the show and garnered almost 1 million addition viewers to the show. John Cena sounds like he's starting to develop the ego maniac image that Hulk Hogan is known for. Soon he'll be refusing to job to someone like the Rock or the Undertaker (oh wait, that's why he doesn't want to face the dead man at WM lol). The return of WWE's finest is the best thing the company can do because Cenas not doing much for them.
A thousand purple shirts in the arenas every week say otherwise....

Yet another post hating on Cena, this time for not drawing the same as Rock/Austin. Product isnt the same as it was back then, and Cena ain't the one writing the shows. Think about it.

· Registered
3,506 Posts
he found out everyone bashed him for what he said, so he said something else, BUT I STILL HATE YOU CENA, YOUR A LIER.

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
When i say crumble i don't mean his popularity because his fans will still love him, i mean this interview which i believe has a little truth to it plus the fact that he's become the 3rd person of interest in this feud seems to have diminished his aura somewhat. I know that most wrestlers do interviews in kayfabe mode, but they do have to hit some realism there otherwise they would never get interviewed.

It baffles me that so many so-called wrestling fans continue to confuse kayfabe with reality.

1. These interviews are in character.

2. Everything about this feud between The Rock and Cena is a work.
I do get a kick how people think they have a right to ? how true a wrestling fan someone is, and how they believe every single thing is a work. I mean i think we all know that not every wrestler gets along with one another, and it's not far fetched for them to take shots in an interview.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
guess you don't understand what a joke is.

he was obviously kidding around about the Undertaker. that's what his character does.
and all i see in the next two paragraphs are him praising The Rock and wanting him to stick around, so i really have no idea what the fuck this thread is about.

· Banned
2,677 Posts
It's just a kayfabe interview. I wouldn't doubt Cena feels a little left out with The Rock's return since the focus is no longer entirely on him. It will naturally happen after being focused on for so long but that's just human. This interview is certainly not evidence for anything.
John Cena isn't crumbling. His merchandise sales are in their all time highs right now, and his popularity is currently in his prime. Unless WWE swiftly changes their target audience, Cena will remain the comany's face. It's as simple as that.
2008 is by far Cena's highest merchandise year. His merchandise sales have decreased since then although they still sell the most in the WWE. And 2007 was easily his peak. If anything, he's declined in popularity since then. This is not the prime of John Cena; Wrestlemania 22 - 24 were John Cena's prime years. If anything, WWE messed up and didn't keep the ball rolling in developing another big face so Cena is kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere at the moment.

To put it simply, your statement is false.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.