Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cena hate is still here but now its mostly about his gimmick not his ability has the IWC realized cena can have decent matches and is a good worker?

·
Registered
873 Posts
I find him boring, but he's not a slug in the ring. He's not going to mix things up too much as he's the ultimate baby face.

Honestly I don't think there are too many people, outside of workrate marks, who think he's a poor wrestler. Most just don't get too excited by his matches.

·
Banned
370 Posts
Cena "can" wrestle when he wants to.

The problem is, he just phones it in during 90% of his matches.

He is an average-good worker, when he tries.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
He *can* wrestle. The problem I have (and have had) with him is you see one match of his, you've seen them all. He doesn't change anything in his matches. Back and forth to start, gets beat down for 80-90% of the match, makes his comeback, does the same moves IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER (every single time), finish.

*the reason I bolded "in sequential order" is because they'll be Cena defenders that say "well everyone has their 5 moves that they do every time". Yeah, but they don't all do it in the same exact order at the end of the match every single time.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
He isn't the worst wrestler by any means, and he is an ok athlete. I'd rate him around Luger level as far as in ring moves.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Oh damn....I forgot he used to do the throwback..

He can wrestle, he just chooses not to unless it against someone worth-while or at a PPV.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Might be able to wrestle but even now it is "same old shit" when it comes to Cena matches that is why people keep saying it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
He's been an above average worker for a while, people just want to hate on the guy. I'm not even a fan of him but i'd rather watch one of his matches over someone like ortons who bores me to tears.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Cena used a reduced move set to prevent injury. Being the face of the company requires a hell of a lot more effort than being any ol' midcarder.

·
Registered
455 Posts
im sorry, but when Undertaker, who is one bump away from a full body cast, has more moves in his bag of tricks than you do, you need to change it up a bit. Cena has decent ring psychology, but he needs to change up his routine, its simple as that, even Triple H can change it up a bit, and being that hes a made man and doesnt need to says a lot

·
Registered
36 Posts
He *can* wrestle. The problem I have (and have had) with him is you see one match of his, you've seen them all. He doesn't change anything in his matches. Back and forth to start, gets beat down for 80-90% of the match, makes his comeback, does the same moves IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER (every single time), finish.

*the reason I bolded "in sequential order" is because they'll be Cena defenders that say "well everyone has their 5 moves that they do every time". Yeah, but they don't all do it in the same exact order at the end of the match every single time.
the worse is when the idoit commentators keep saying vintage cena EVERY MATCH

but evidently orton is the same also

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Cena used a reduced move set to prevent injury. Being the face of the company requires a hell of a lot more effort than being any ol' midcarder.
This. Plus it's the WWE. Most of the fans don't care about "workrate" and shit like that. He's got a strong grasp of psychology when it comes to putting on his particular type of babyface hero comeback match. I find most of his pay-per-view matches and some of his TV matches entertaining so he's doing his job well in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
he's been one of the best workers on the roster for years. ofc it's been proved wrong.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
the worse is when the idoit commentators keep saying vintage cena EVERY MATCH

but evidently orton is the same also
That's only Michael Cole saying 'vintage', it irritates me too.

Cena isn't the worst ever worker, Lex Luger level sounds about right, as someone else has already mentioned. The problem is that he fucking no sells and his execution of some movies (ex. abdominal stretch) is just fucking horrendous.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts