Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
CENA HAS ALWAYS BEEN MEDIOCRE ON THE MIC. THE ONLY REASON HE GETS PRAISED IS BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST IN THE WWE BUT THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH. JERICHO PUNK AND BRYAN ARE ALL BETTER ON THE MIC THAN CENA IS.

·
Registered
231 Posts
cena wasn't really THAT GOOD on the mic to begin with, people liked him back there because at least he showed some kind of emotion, nowadays it's just corny jokes and garbage

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Sometimes I do think that maybe he's intentionally doing it just to piss some of us off :lmao Anyway, I do think it is mediocre at best, unlike his previous persona where at least he showed a little bit of emotion and attitude.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
He is ALWAYS sucked on the mic. Its just the IWC suddenly overrating the fuck outta his mic work because he called the rock "DWAYNE".

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
It seemed like they had Punk feeding him lines during the Rock feud and definitely had his friends write him some cute little raps which made no sense since his fanbase don't even know of the rapper gimmick. But he's bad on the mic and he's gonna be bad on the mic for the rest of his career.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Cena is a good mic worker when he's doing more than the patronising humour schtick which seems to be so 'popular' in the WWE these days (*cough* Punk).

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
What the hell!? Why don't you state this as an opinion and not a FACT. I for one think Cena is pretty damn entertaining on the mic, and knows EXACTLY how to captivate an audience each and every time! So many doubters on this thread that REFUSE to accept the obvious truth. If Cena was gone from the WWE, RAW would be BORING. ya that's right I said it. This isn't just the fan in me speaking, but it is pure 100% common sense. That is all.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Cena is decent on the mic to me. Some people don't agree because they refuse to say anything positive about him. He lacks sometimes but who doesn't?
THANK YOU That is exactly what I think too. Some people will never have a damn thing nice to say about John Cena no matter what he does. Despite the fact that he is now getting cheered like crazy and his feuds are interesting, people still want to hate. I feel bad for them honestly lol

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
lol @ Cena marks getting their nuts in a bunch. His stuff is bad. If you're living in your mom's basement and you like Cena's mic work, then its time to kind of grow up.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
He just has horrendous material. Even without the shitty jokes, the stuff he's had to work with lately is just abysmal. It's similar to his feud with Rock where he had fantastic delivery, but the content was the same old "wah wah, you left" bullshit.

The jokes are shitty though.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I mean that you can only go as far as your character allows you. You realise that everyone reads off a script. So mic skills are no longer existant in WWE. As long as you deliver your lines well, you did your job. Long gone are the days where you used to think of the words off the top of your head. That makes a good talker. Thats why I find it hilarious when people say someone like Damien Sandow is entertaining and Daniel Bryan is not. Ask anyone in the audience and I'm willing to bet they would rather hear Daniel Bryan YES on loop for 10 minutes than hear Sandow boring them to death with his misguided "facts" (WWE should really look up these)

Anyways, yes. Cena never really has a compelling promo. All his promos are is witty jokes and yelling. He talks like a normal person, there's nothing to "rate." Like Cena says, he plays himself.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
THANK YOU That is exactly what I think too. Some people will never have a damn thing nice to say about John Cena no matter what he does. Despite the fact that he is now getting cheered like crazy and his feuds are interesting, people still want to hate. I feel bad for them honestly lol
Whoa. Aside from Brock, his feuds are far from interesting. I admit, he's getting cheered more and more each week but he needs time off or to have a change in character.

But, his mic skills are far from horrible and 5 moves of doom aside, he is decent in the ring. People hate his character so much that they go and bash other aspects of him without any kind of intelligence.

And if thats you in the video, I take it that you are a HUGE Cena fan.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts