Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know wrestling is fake, so why do we want wrestlers to be legitimately hurt?

Instead of blading why not fake blood?

Blading also has risk of carrying disease, such as Hep C.

I am glad WWE stopped blading but it seems others want this barbaric act brought back!

·
Registered
125 Posts
We all know wrestling is fake, so why do we want wrestlers to be legitimately hurt?

Instead of blading why not fake blood?

Blading also has risk of carrying disease, such as Hep C.

I am glad WWE stopped blading but it seems others want this barbaric act brought back!
1. Wrestling is not fake, it is scripted. They are legitimate athletes.

2. Fake blood is too obvious, not legitimate enough and wouldn't imitate real blood flow from a cut. They would have to blot in on their face, meaning it wouldn't appear to originate from a cut and therefore appear illegitimate. They used fake blood for kayfabe internal injuries.

3. Blading is perfectly safe providing it is done correctly and in good health.

4. Having a small cut on your head isn't barbaric.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't know about the "morality" of blading, though it is something that comes with the territory of being a professional wrestler. And if done safely and correctly then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. So in the case of a company like WWE you wouldn't have too many issues because it would have been applied correctly, whereas if the blading was being administered in CZW then alarm bells should be ringing

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
No i don't think so, that's what these people do, it's a part of their profession.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
fake blood looks extremely fake (hence the word fake :D) .. blading gives it more edge

and everything you mentioned could be easily avoided if done right , look at Flair , he's been cutting his forehead since Prince was relevant , and he turned out good , well..

·
Registered
581 Posts
Of all the bladings in wrestling history only three (that I can recall) have had negative repercussions; Mass Transit, Eddie Guerrero at Judgement Day and that guy I can't remember who claims Abdullah gave him hepatitus.

It's as safe if not safer than the wrestling moves they perform on a daily basis and in my opinion it adds to big matches and hardcore matches.

At WM 28 Triple H and Taker showed you can have a truly brutal match without blood and on the flipside I thought the bladings at Lockdown between Roode and Storm really heightened that match. Blood is a visual representation of the condition of the wrestler and how physical the match is - a better indicator than a regular pained expression.

In conclusion, no it is not immoral to blade considering the much more dangerous aspects of professional wrestling they are required to perform multiple times a week.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Blading is a cheap way of enhancing a match when there are plenty of other option available out there. But these guys want to put on great shows for us fans and so they sacrifice their own bodies by blading etc to put on "better" matches for us. WWE has since realised blading isn't the way forward and doesn't fit in with the PG brand.

They also take an aspirin before the match to thing their blood to make sure they bleed a lot more.

This is every reason why blading should stop.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
1. Wrestling is not fake, it is scripted. They are legitimate athletes.

2. Fake blood is too obvious, not legitimate enough and wouldn't imitate real blood flow from a cut. They would have to blot in on their face, meaning it wouldn't appear to originate from a cut and therefore appear illegitimate. They used fake blood for kayfabe internal injuries.

3. Blading is perfectly safe providing it is done correctly and in good health.

4. Having a small cut on your head isn't barbaric.
Seriously ?

They pretend to punch and kick each other. Thats what I call fake.

Im one of the few who feels that blading isnt needed.
Yeah it was fun back in the AE but we dont really need it now except for special circumstances.
Blading is not needed any more and should only be done once or twice a year.
Whoever is up against the Undertaker at WM should blade and I think it could add something to the Brock v Cena match on Sunday.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
It's not immoral, it's bad ass.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Seriously ?

They pretend to punch and kick each other. Thats what I call fake.

Im one of the few who feels that blading isnt needed.
Yeah it was fun back in the AE but we dont really need it now except for special circumstances.
Blading is not needed any more and should only be done once or twice a year.
Whoever is up against the Undertaker at WM should blade and I think it could add something to the Brock v Cena match on Sunday.
Ask HBK, The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Edge whether wrestling is fake all had massive life threatening injuries that have retired some, such as broken necks.

most of all dont ask Finlay

·
HEADBANGA
23,291 Posts
It's not immoral but excessive blading is unnecessary. Even TNA has scaled back on the blading. 2 years ago, guys were blading on every show in more than one segment. Plus I hate for guys to have forehead like Dusty Rhodes, Abdulla the Butcher, and D'Von.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Assuming Vince McMahon actually has morals.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ask HBK, The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Edge whether wrestling is fake all had massive life threatening injuries that have retired some, such as broken necks.

most of all dont ask Finlay
Christian Bale sprained his ankle while filming Dark Knight rises.
Does that mean that he is really Batman ?

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
I don't know about the "morality" of blading, though it is something that comes with the territory of being a professional wrestler. And if done safely and correctly then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. So in the case of a company like WWE you wouldn't have too many issues because it would have been applied correctly, whereas if the blading was being administered in CZW then alarm bells should be ringing
I'd rather they bladed in CZW than do the insane shit they do now. They'd bleed a lot less and be a lot safer if they just bladed and cut back on the pointless mental bumps.

fake blood looks extremely fake (hence the word fake :D) .. blading gives it more edge

and everything you mentioned could be easily avoided if done right , look at Flair , he's been cutting his forehead since Prince was relevant , and he turned out good , well..
I'd hardly say Ric Flair has done well from it. I'm not saying his demise is a direct result of blading, but surely spilling all that blood can't have done him much good.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Blading isn't immoral at all. It's all part of the show.

I'm a huge fan of blood in matches, but it does have to make sense.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think blading is an important part of a wrestling match, it really adds alot to the drama.
Is it immoral? no. If you dont want wrestlers to get hurt then why are you even watching them perform those moves?
Performing all those crazy stunts is more dangerous then slicing a little tiny piece of your forehead, and letting your sweat do the magic.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.