Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so define how it’s realistic small 200 pound men pinning men over 7 foot (and 500 pound in shows case) Big Show, Kane, and

Brock knocked Strowman out in 1 punch

Becky Lynch vs any 205 guy
Nia Jax vs Miz

^^^^ same weight and height but not realistic

Black vs Big Show
Ricochet vs Bork

Massive weight and height differences as well one is a former UFC champion. But the same people who say the above inter gender matches aren’t realistic are posting “Omg I’m marking out Ricochet should pin Bork”

·
Registered
263 Posts
Of course not. That’s why even if they get booked to beat him they won’t get over as it will just look too obviously fake.

That’s why Rollins beating him clean twice never really made him look legit , while when 50 year old Goldberg beat him clean with 2 moves it actually did made Goldberg look like a force to be reckoned with.

Wrestling is scripted but just like in the movies there are a lot of theatrics, however the characters still have to look legit and larger than your average Joe.

The only people that can beat Lesnar and not look overly fake in doing so are Roman, Mcyntire, Orton , Samoa Joe ( mainly becuase of the way he carries himself )and Strowman.

Everyone at lease least to me will look overly fake and will greatly diminish the effect of bearing him.

·
Registered
517 Posts
While big men may have one punch knockout power, they are also prone to gassing out. Both of those factors rarely play out in professional wrestling, but if a smaller opponent could avoid getting punched while effectively getting the bigger man to expend energy until he has nothing left in the tank, I think it could happen. MMA and boxing have weight classes for a reason, but I do think a fast small man could defeat a slow big man. What's unrealistic to me is a man getting punched in the face with several clean shots and barely wincing.

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
Big Show is old, broken down with two hips held together by tape so a strong breeze at this stage would beat him. Smaller guys than Black have pinned show during his prime years

·
The Babyface of WF
11,684 Posts
Smaller men can beat bigger men based on a number of factors.

-Better stamina
-Much quicker
-Generally think outside the box to make up for their lack of size.
-Usually a better temperament.
-Can play dirty.

Pro Wrestling allows these things to happen whether realistically or fantasy wise.

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
Wrestling is fake. Companies choose who win based on fan reception.

WWE stumbles on this quite a bit. Doesn't change the fact:

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
Big Show is a jobber so it's realistic for most anyone to defeat him. Brock, no. I could see Drew being booked to beat Brock.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Black & Ricochet are far from realistic to beat Brock, never in a million years will either of them get close to facing/beating Brock or even reaching his level of stardom. There some to be a couple on this forum that think that Black has this huge wrestling mega star in him and how he should squash Brock.......newsflash, if you want to drain any credibility the company has, that's how you do it.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
928 Posts
If so define how it’s realistic small 200 pound men pinning men over 7 foot (and 500 pound in shows case) Big Show, Kane, and
View attachment 82179
Brock knocked Strowman out in 1 punch

Becky Lynch vs any 205 guy
Nia Jax vs Miz

^^^^ same weight and height but not realistic

Black vs Big Show
Ricochet vs Bork

Massive weight and height differences as well one is a former UFC champion. But the same people who say the above inter gender matches aren’t realistic are posting “Omg I’m marking out Ricochet should pin Bork”
Nia Jax is a fat woman , Miz is a man and mainly muscles

While ,Becky Lynch is around the same height as some of the cruiserweights she is easily 50/70 pounds lighter AND is a woman.

Women have smaller bones and on average tend to have 40 percent less upper-body strength and 33 percent less lower-body strength

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,042 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Say they actually booked Black to beat Brock. It is definitely possible to plan a match where it comes off "believable" for a good portion of the audience, but there's another portion that won't like it no matter how well designed it is. And ultimately I think it'd come down to one move, the black mass, if he landed one that looked AMAZING I think people would be ok with the result, but anything less than that...probably not.

Ricochet, no not really, if Ricochet ever gets one of the top belts he shouldnt be winning it off Brock. Dunno why even bring up Big Show, yeah he's huge but he's broken down and has jobbed to smaller guys many times

1 - 20 of 52 Posts