Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All their feuds are coming out of nowhere and not making sense.

MEM was supposed to take out Aces & Eights (Yet they're still around). Now Sting is taking on Magnus.

Joe is entered into the Ulitmate X yet there is a weight limit for the title.

The GM is gone.

Angle is feuding with Bobby Roode

·
Registered
3,243 Posts

MEM was supposed to take out Aces & Eights (Yet they're still around). Now Sting is taking on Magnus.

The GM is gone.

In their efense, tnA just got a new booker a month ago, and this could be the growing pains of the Prichard-bischoff transition.

6months from now, things could be clearer, this is more or less the beginning of a new direction. And all in all it's not a horrible direction.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Watching TNA actually makes you appreciate the WWE writers. Just a little.

Reactions: Cliffy

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
despite the lack of build up in some matches, the card for bfg looks really good imo.

there are only 6 matches, so i believe the main event, ultimate x, and roode/angle will get close to or over 20 min each.

the wrestling on the show will be excellent.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
It's rushed. Biggest disappointment ever would be a little harsh though. It's not like your main event is Sting Vs Eric Bischoff and a semi main of Velvet Sky Vs Kelly Kelly.

Lets wait and see how it turns out before the "TNA sucks" threads please.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Styles vs. Ray, Sting vs. Magnus, Angle vs. Roode, and Ultimate X have potential to be classics. So no, Bound for Glory is not a disappointment.

·
Registered
500 Posts
With the way they changed their PPV schedule, there is no excuse for BFG to feel this rushed. The matches look good on paper, and I know that they'll deliver come BFG, but I feel that the booking should have been better leading into their "major" PPV.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Did you really think the Aces & Eights were going to disband before BFG? It's clearly in the process of happening.

Am I the only one that remembers that the weight limit was eliminated the first time Joe faced Aries for the X title? I specifically remember them saying that. Also, the weight limit hasn't been mentioned in how long?

The GM is gone.
Who cares? How is Hogan being "gone" going to affect the PPV negatively?

This is going to be an awesome match.

The PPV hasn't even happened yet (it might not even have it's full card yet.) Biggest disappointment ever? Some of you are ridiculous.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
The build has been absolute rubbish, but we've known that for a while. The show itself could still be decent. Despite the little meaning of it, I'm happy Roode is in a prominent spot on the card.

·
Registered
284 Posts
lol bfg is going to shit all over battleground or hell in a cell

angle v roode
ultimate x
styles v bully
magnus v sting

v

matches that end with no title holder, kofi v axel, great khali v real americans etc

I know which one i'd rather watch

·
WWE Youtuber
2,464 Posts
lol bfg is going to shit all over battleground or hell in a cell

angle v roode
ultimate x
styles v bully
magnus v sting

v

matches that end with no title holder, kofi v axel, great khali v real americans etc

I know which one i'd rather watch
You would hope it would be better considering its the biggest show of the year for TNA and Hell In A Cell is a C grade PPV at best.

·
Premium Member
44,198 Posts
With the way they changed their PPV schedule, there is no excuse for BFG to feel this rushed. The matches look good on paper, and I know that they'll deliver come BFG, but I feel that the booking should have been better leading into their "major" PPV.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Exactly. The only match on the card I felt they had planned out months ago was AJ Vs. Bully, but they didn't even dedicate much time to that. But everything else was just tacked on in the last few weeks or so. Its obvious. And it shouldn't feel that way with the reduced PPV schedule.

Now...is BFG the biggest disappointment ever? I don't know if I'd go that far. I mean, we did have the August 8th Warning not too long ago.

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
I'll wait to see the PPV to decided weather it's the biggest disappointment ever. Overall I'm actually liking the card, yeah the build been shit but with the Prichard->Bischoff transition in creative and budget cut(Talents leaving mainly) I can understand why the build has been poor. Then again with 4 months between between Bound for Glory and Slammiversary they really should have done a better job.

I still think the show will be awesome wrestling show, hopefully the crowd will be good and they'll make good booking decision which will make there product better/More Intriguing going into Genesis.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Due to the changes backstage, BFG is a starting off point this year, not the culmination of feuds. The writers are basically setting up the next set of storylines.

That's the way any objective person would look at it. Let's not ignore the obvious change in creative direction simply to fit our own narratives.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts