Wrestling Forum banner

Do you think its the right decision to take the title of K2 now?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never see people booing her on any show, Raw or Smackdown. Absolutely no heat when she comes out, I really dont understand why people think she deserves the title?

Kelly kelly gets cheered everyweek, she is super-over with the fans. She is more marketable as a champ to the kids and women.

Why kill kelly kelly's momentum as the DIVA's champion for someone who is not even a good heel?

I am not a fan of K2, I just dont think its the right decision to beat kelly kelly now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think Beth Phoenix is a good character. She moves, talks and acts well and I don't really need to mention that she is a great wrestler in the ring.

As for being a good heel, I dunno. Aren't heels supposed to win more of the battles, even though they often lose the war?

Beth hasn't been doing a whole lot of winning against Kelly Kelly. Even though I really like Kelly Kelly, I'm inclined to root for Beth Phoenix because she's the one chasing the title. She's the one who has to dig deep to win the next title match. She's almost the underdog, haha, STRANGE, I know, but I think this would be more familiar to me if Kelly Kelly was to spit on Beth and become an air-head heel, and have Beth as the face. But then, the Reality Era is not the usual stuff.

Afterthought: :lmao did I just invoke the phrase 'Reality Era' when talking about Kelly Kelly beating Beth Phoenix one on one???

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
lol @ this so the fans want to cheer ADR 2 right?

n about Beth who knows nobody cares about she i think
Actually, I think there are times when fans really have wanted to cheer ADR.

Beth isn't a good heel right now because they're making her look incompetent. I'm partial to Natalya anyway... who they're also making look incompetent.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
She's about average in the heel department... her strengths are in her ring work and intimidating persona. That said, I don't think anyone is emotionally invested in the Eves and Kelly Kellys of WWE so Phoenix isn't going to garner too much heat even if she was the CM Punk of the Divas division.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
The thing is...what's so heelish about wanting to be a good role model and show that women can be smart and sexy and don't need to look like a barbie doll? I think the fans want to cheer for her, I know I would cheer for her if I were in the audience, not boo.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
i am pulling for Beth to win the title! i dont see Kelly Kelly retaining!

·
Registered
22,686 Posts
Can see be a good heel? Yes. In her fueds against Mickie and Melina, she was a monster. Heck, she looked powerful going against both women at the same time. In her fued against Kelly, no. First, she loses most of her matches. Second, her character is one that most people would be for: A talent women wrestler that is sick of being overlooked because of talentless models. The fact that WWE is pushing Kelly as a face against Beth is more than likely going to be a middle finger to fans who complain about model trash being pushed. It just says "We want sexy models. Who cares what you think and if they can wrestle."

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can see be a good heel? Yes. In her fueds against Mickie and Melina, she was a monster. Heck, she looked powerful going against both women at the same time. In her fued against Kelly, no. First, she loses most of her matches. Second, her character is one that most people would be for: A talent women wrestler that is sick of being overlooked because of talentless models. The fact that WWE is pushing Kelly as a face against Beth is more than likely going to be a middle finger to fans who complain about model trash being pushed. It just says "We want sexy models. Who cares what you think and if they can wrestle."
Its true with the IWC as usual but for the casuals, I dont think they care at all.

Because if it were true, kelly kelly should be booed every week. Clearly its not the case.

·
People are Sheep
1,727 Posts
Natalya is wayyy hotter than K-Deuce IMHO. Beth is sexy as hell too. Those arms are a little intimidating tho.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I think the fans want to cheer Beth over Kelly to be honest. It's hard to get heat when the fans want to cheer you.
This, basically. Beths "heel" turn was greeted with cheers from the crowd, right up to the point where she said "no more stinkfaces" at which point they started booing her, which tells you everything you need to know about lowest common denominators.

Anyone who actually cares about the wrestling standard of the product wants Beth to take the title, kayfabe rip Kellys head off her shoulders, and then feud with Natalya until Kharma is back from maternity leave.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The thing is Kelly Kelly is the one who acts the more heelish. Beth was the first to attack her but when she retaliates she doesn't come to fight. She dropkicks her and runs for her life. There is nothing in Kelly Kelly's character that tells us Beth is unfair with people like her. Besides most of Beth and Natalya promos are on wwe.com. How can you get an entire audiance to care about your character when you don't expose it to everyone ?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Nobody cares about Beths heel persona because she is always losing, and in a stupid way as well. Look at LayCool, they were getting heat because they were owning the shit out of all the divas, and people really enjoyed when they got their asses handed to them. Even Kelly got a pop when she speared whoever it was, because LayCool was owning Kelly bad, making the fans want to push for Kelly to beat them one day. Beth is a good heel, but is booked kinda bad.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts