Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

(The game was 50% off two weeks after launch)

For gamers that have been a long-time Battlefield fan, or a casual that was recently introduced into the Battlefield series, do you believe the newest and most controversial title within the series is considered to be a failure? Why or why not?
I was first introduced to the series from Battlefield 4 and really enjoyed it over playing Call of Duty, that was when I was making the transition away from COD. I then got Battlefield 1 and absolutely loved the game, it became one of my favorite shooters. But with BFV, it's absolutely heart-wrenching to see how they completely derailed the momentum that they had from the previous two successful titles and destroy it. This game was supposed to be phenomenal, but it came nowhere close. I'm not going to drag this out with a full on review of why it sucks, since there are many of those, but I wanted to list 3 reasons on why it sucks and if anyone agrees.

1. The obvious catastrophe of the launch: The whole "don't like it, don't buy it" was just straight up the most dick move a game developer can say to its fans that were rejecting certain political ideas. They called the fans "woman-haters" when that wasn't what it was about. They injected feminism into this video game simply because of political correctness, instead of just making the game historically accurate similar to BF1. Sorry, but women did NOT fight on the front lines aside from the Soviet Union or hell British pilots, they could have just introduced them there. The launch of this game just brings a bad taste to my mouth. Even COD WW2 had more authenticity.

2. Lack of content: This game just seems like it's so far behind on content compared to BF1 that there isn't really a reason to play. There have been no major DLC drops aside from the Firestorm battle royal mode that wasn't even in the game at launch. The game was pushed back a month for "polishing" but in actuality they didn't want their sales effected by RDR2. The game launched with an entire game mode missing, a campaign missing, several bugs and glitches, and literally no factions.
We have a World War 2 game without the French army, Soviet Union, USA, Italy, or Japan. We have a Fall of France operation mode, but the French aren't even in it. Like, are you kidding me? :lol Also, the game has been out for 6 months now and there have barely been any new maps or weapons.

3. Visibility and game balancing are awful: The visibility in this game, man, it's pretty bad. The graphics are weird with its super bright colors, that it takes away that this is a WW2 game. In BF1, they nailed the immersion of the maps with a dark and gritty atmosphere. This game lacks soul. Also, it's near impossible to see enemies that they're practically invisible. And you can't even spot them aside from when you're playing the Scout class, because they completely removed spotting.
Game balancing is awful as well. TTD is the worst I've ever seen in a video game, to where you die within a milli-second with zero reaction time. Most games when you're getting shot at, you have time to react and either fight back or run for cover. You have a chance. This game, you're dead at the blink of an eye. It's aggravating instead of having fun.

What do you guys think of the controversial Battlefield V?

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
I wouldn't say controversial. It didn't deliver anything new, edgy, or original. It was a battlefield 1 with a different healing and slightly different squad system.

I would say failure because it was too similar to the previous entry, but still had all the issues you mentioned.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I agree on points 1. and 2. Battlefield had always been (and prided itself) on being more realistic than COD or other type shooters. Now they deviate from that in the characters and the company is like "deal with it". Regardless of how you feel about it, purposely antagonizing your customers is seldom a sound business strategy.

On point 3. I honestly don't mind the visibility, or even the quick death. It does make the game more realistic to be honest. It can suck if you like to run and gun though.

In some ways its really odd. It's like they said, "Hey, lets toss realism and history out the window for this part of the game when it comes to characters.. BUT, lets make it very realistic in combat so people are hard to see and die quickly!!"

·
Devil's Blood
3,370 Posts
Battlefield is falling into the trap of Call of Duty did: too many games, too soon. The last BF game I enjoyed front to back and put hours upon hours into was 4. I hit level 100 on that shit.

I bought BFH (enjoyed it mostly), BF1 (I'm bad at it and its mediocre) and played the beta for V (and disliked it mostly).

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
good God I wish I could go back 10-15 years and stay in that time forever. nothing against women but I dont wanna play with a female in a game like that.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Battlefield is falling into the trap of Call of Duty did: too many games, too soon. The last BF game I enjoyed front to back and put hours upon hours into was 4. I hit level 100 on that shit.

I bought BFH (enjoyed it mostly), BF1 (I'm bad at it and its mediocre) and played the beta for V (and disliked it mostly).
I thought Battlefield had an advantage though since they are on a 2 year cycle instead of doing yearly releases like COD, which are ALWAYS cash-grabs because every year feels the same except the era.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,976 Posts
There is a theory going around that BC3 was suppose to release in place of BFV but Sony had made an exclusivity deal(PS5 launch exclusive) with DICE, so they went ahead and flip the games. BFV only had 18 months of development time when it was release.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
It feels like its been on sale about half the time its been out. So yes, its second only to Fallout 76 on the fuck up scale.

They pissed off the larger section of their audience to jump on flavour of the month political correctness and now if they try to roll it back they will probably piss off the "muh representation" crowd worse than if they had simply stayed away from all this shit in the first place. Fuck em!

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
The whole joke with the women thing was that they couldve chosen to tell real stories about women in WW2 and yet decided not to. I know angry joe talked about this in length.

in the end, they jumped on the wagon and put women into a historical setting purely to try and gain some kind of progress points with no actual thought being put into it. As a result it was received very poorly. If they had done it correctly then they likely wouldve got praise for it. Its interesting to talk about being "educated" when their version of women in WW2 is mostly total bullshit in the first place.

overall I havnt played the game because I didnt care for it, Im pretty bored of first person shooters anyway and this looked like a glorified reskin of BF1.

The comments that were made about daring customers to not buy the game were laughable and only solidified my decision to not pick up their game. They can only be labelled "fucking idiots" for insulting their customers. As the saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Reactions: Lesnar Turtle

·
Registered
283 Posts
I only play the one player on these types of games when the network goes down so I can't say too much about having to play as a woman. The offline missions were a bit by the numbers to me.

The on-line is what I buy it for, and I'd call it a disappointment. The operations had been changed but I didn't think it was for the better, other than that it was pretty much the same game as before, just with new levels, but it's been out ages now and we've not had any new one's yet. I haven't played the battle royale mode yet, assuming it came out in time.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The whole joke with the women thing was that they couldve chosen to tell real stories about women in WW2 and yet decided not to. I know angry joe talked about this in length.

in the end, they jumped on the wagon and put women into a historical setting purely to try and gain some kind of progress points with no actual thought being put into it. As a result it was received very poorly. If they had done it correctly then they likely wouldve got praise for it. Its interesting to talk about being "educated" when their version of women in WW2 is mostly total bullshit in the first place.

overall I havnt played the game because I didnt care for it, Im pretty bored of first person shooters anyway and this looked like a glorified reskin of BF1.

The comments that were made about daring customers to not buy the game were laughable and only solidified my decision to not pick up their game. They can only be labelled "fucking idiots" for insulting their customers. As the saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Good lord you are uneducated. I remember my great Grandmother telling me about how she stormed the beaches of Normandy and saved many men. And my Aunt fought at the Bulge too while her husband watched the kids at home during the war.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
I was excited to play a cute girl with a robot arm shooting nazis

but then I found out it was just the same as every other WWII shooter I've played.

·
Standing with The Man
6,084 Posts
Battlefield series peaked with 3 in my opinion loved this game and sunk hundreds of hours into it, 4 was good but it didn't hold my interest like 3 and was also the start of the decline in quality for me.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
it was made by EA, it already failed

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,456 Posts
Picked this up last week and sank loads of time into it.
War Stories single player is fun but needs more variety and more missions.

Multiplayer took some getting used to after an extended break from FPS games and I haven't played Battlefield 4 in about 2 years.
It's fun and it's intense but for me BF4 is still better. A wider variety of vehicle gameplay and obviously destructive environments is what makes Battlefield games for me and I think BF4 does it better than BF5 and certainly better than BF1.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Picked this up last week and sank loads of time into it.
War Stories single player is fun but needs more variety and more missions.

Multiplayer took some getting used to after an extended break from FPS games and I haven't played Battlefield 4 in about 2 years.
It's fun and it's intense but for me BF4 is still better. A wider variety of vehicle gameplay and obviously destructive environments is what makes Battlefield games for me and I think BF4 does it better than BF5 and certainly better than BF1.
You are of course entitled to your opinion and personal taste, but BFV is one of the worst FPS games I have ever played, and it still is even 2 months later after I had made this thread. The game is an absolute mess right now with all the bugs, stuttering, and performance issues that I don't even know how you could put loads of time into it and have fun with it. For one of the biggest AAA franchises out there, the game in its current state is inexcusable and unacceptable.

Aside from the launch, the game:

-Keeps getting broken by patches. Patches are supposed to fix a game, not create brand new bugs and make the old problem worse. BFV is actually reminding me alot like Yukes with the WWE games, because each patch throughout the wrestling games creates new bugs and glitches.

-Still lacks content. 8 months into this game's life span and we have had 1 and a 1/2 maps released, with the half map not being playable on bigger game modes due to "game breaking crashes and issues". Due to all the bugs and issues that keep being released and made from patches, all the game's future content has been delayed (again).

-The map design and core gameplay is the worst I have seen in the series. Almost all of the maps in this game are ginormous to encourage vehicles instead of infantry, which is fucking boring. It splits the teams up too much to where it completely nullifies the all-out-warfare theme that Battlefield is best known for. The game is too quiet because of this. As for the core gameplay, the TTK is still lightning fast which is annoying. It encourages people to camp and abuse bipods because everyone is too scared to run around. Due to the abuse of bipods, it creates another problem:

-Visibility. Anyone that is prone in this game are nearly invisible. It's extremely hard to see people in this game. They even released a patch to fix this problem, but honestly it didn't do shit.
Another thing with visibility that I find laughable is that the maps can't even render certain objects right. Trees, rocks, grass, weapons, crates, they all randomly suffer graphics drops throughout the match to where they give off Minecraft graphics. It doesn't break the game, but it is distracting.

Like I said, I don't even know how you can put time into this game. BF1 is a masterpiece compared to this pile of trash.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts