Wrestling Forum banner

Is babyface Roman Reigns Salvagable?

• Yes

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No. Turn him heel already.

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • No. He's already a heel. What on earth have you been watching?

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • He is neither. Those concepts do not apply to him.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Doesn't belong in the business. Go away Roman.

Votes: 16 27.1%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We saw a great match between Reigns and Rollins on Raw today but as usual people are ambivalent om babyface Reigns.

Personally I don't like to have overwhelmingly negative opinions on stuff and I prefer to keep an open mind. Reigns wins me over with his in ring work all the time but the dude can't talk well. I like him but he doesn't invoke that feeling I want to have as the top face.

Is the man a lost cause as the top babyface? Does WWE need a top babyface? Can it even have a top babyface in 2017?

I feel like Reigns is overexposed and instead of having a match every week, have him maybe twice a month on raw or something. Seeing him around so often just gets fans bored. Rather than have him on random segments that don't mean much every week, i think WWE has to build up his appearances. The man is athletically the most well-rounded big top guy the company has had tried to push (Diesel, Rock, Hogan, Cena, Austin) and they should focus on that. If they book him as a bad ass rather than everyone's friend, i think he could still work.

Discuss

·
When you don't have a match on the show
3,745 Posts
Nope.

He could face Hitler tomorrow and the fans would still boo him out of the arena.
A nazi foreign heel? You got yourself a job on the writing team!

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,258 Posts
Reactions: The Capo

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,480 Posts
First of all, I've got to say that the Rollins vs Reigns match was one of the best matches on RAW in a long time. They really stole the show. It really seems like Rollins' in-ring work is back to its best. And coming to the question, yes, Roman is a lost cause as a face. Absolutely. He should turn heel already.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
about as salvageable as the titanic id say.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
913 Posts
He will never be received in a manner that Vince wants him to be. So he's not only not salvageable as a babyface, he's not salvageable as a heel. I say this as someone who, compared to the rest of the people on here, likes Roman. He's just done.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
To be honest Roman has been winning me over for a while, his new attitude is great. He has become this arrogant dick. As long as they keep him away from Vince's joke collection and kids bed time stories, I am fine with him. :p

His match with Rollins last night was very enjoyable too.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A decent match was enough to change your perspective of him? lol
I always wanted the guy to succeed. You can just tell that he works really hard. Rarely does the top big guy possess that athletic ability. I actually feel bad for him sometimes.

Could having a slam finisher help him out more?

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Absolutely not.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
He sells the most merch out of any baby face minus Cena. I think Babyface Reigns is just fine

Tho I wouldn't mind a heel turn

·
Registered
279 Posts
The guy screams heel. They would've booked him so if he had come after Austin or The Rock but unfortunately WWE was looking for the next Cena.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I always wanted the guy to succeed. You can just tell that he works really hard. Rarely does the top big guy possess that athletic ability. I actually feel bad for him sometimes.

Could having a slam finisher help him out more?
Oh well that's different if you always had a soft side for him that's a different perspective.

But no, in ring skills or new moves not gonna help him, he needs to become better at promos and imo he already reached his peak in that aspect.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts