Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/0...att-confrontation-possibly-coming-to-wwe-raw/

It is rumored that Austin is now cleared to take bumps. Of course, he doesn’t have to take a bump in order to eat a Mandible Claw, but The Rattlesnake did take a Stunner from Becky Lynch recently.
Thanks. Yeah all that is hearsay. Actually it's making stuff up to fit a narrative. Let me explain, they thought Wyatt was going to attack Austin on RAW Monday. That wasn't happening in a million years, but whatever... So in by saying that, and believing that the writer of the OPINION article, assumed in his mind... well if that happens then Austin must be cleared to wrestle. Austin was never not cleared to wrestle. Unlike someone like Daniel for example, when he was injured. Austin has been retired for over 15 years, left on his own accord.

I love me some Stone Cold Steve Austin, he’s arguably the GOAT and is one of my all time favourites but I really hope that he stays retired.

His career ended in the best way possible by putting over The Rock at Mania XIX and not making a big song and dance out of it. He just did the match then called it quits with dignity and class. I can totally understand the reasons why he’d want to come back now, it’s for that fat paycheque but surely he doesn’t need the money with all his other endeavours like the podcasts and the Broken Skull Ranch stuff.

Besides, I would much rather have the great memories of Austin in his prime and reminisce over that than watch a 54 year old Austin traipse around the ring and look anything less than what he once was.

On top of that, please give me new stuff instead of drumming up the old legends year after year in these awful matches. Yes Austin, Taker, HBK, Goldberg and Rock are great but they’ve all had their time.

Give the new blood a chance and build them up as the stars of today!

I'm not sure if he'll come back, but he looked to be in pretty good shape at raw, losing his gut and bulking up.

I would like it only if he gets a worthy opponent (and i dont think there's anyone like that in current WWE, maybe Lesnar, Goldberg or Cena), i don't want him to face Kofi Kingston, or Balor, or Dolph Ziggler or any of these random jobbers, it would be a total waste.

Like what I've said in the Austin-AJ feud thread, no way it'll ever happen. It's been 16 years since he hung up his boots and walked into the sunset, so why should he start wrestling now? He's got a good thing going on with his life: He's got his own shows, he's got his own podcast show, he's doing his own thing and he should stick to what makes him happy.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Like what I've said in the Austin-AJ feud thread, no way it'll ever happen. It's been 16 years since he hung up his boots and walked into the sunset, so why should he start wrestling now? He's got a good thing going on with his life: He's got his own shows, he's got his own podcast show, he's doing his own thing and he should stick to what makes him happy.
That wasn't even suppose to be his last match, it was suppose to be a one off at Taboo Tuesday 2005 to face Coach, WWE even had the VS graphic made up and everything, the whole storyline with JR getting fired was to have Austin do that one off match, so if Austin was booked in a storyline and agreed (before knowing he was going to job to coach) What makes you think he wouldn't take a big Saudi pay day...

That wasn't even suppose to be his last match, it was suppose to be a one off at Taboo Tuesday 2005 to face Coach, WWE even had the VS graphic made up and everything, the whole storyline with JR getting fired was to have Austin do that one off match, so if Austin was booked in a storyline and agreed (before knowing he was going to job to coach) What makes you think he wouldn't take a big Saudi pay day...
I've completely forgot the Taboo Tuesday PPV.

From what I've read, Austin hurt his back prior to facing the Coach at the PPV. That explains why the match was cancelled because he wasn't 100% to compete.

And why in the hell would he take a payday at the PPVs in Saudi? He's too busy with life, he doesn't have to make WWE money for one measly appearance.

Let's pretend he's clear for a second. Why the hell should he come back to be wasted? He'd be fed to someone who doesn't need it such as Brock, Roman, Bryan, Styles, Cena, Orton, Strowman or Vince's favourite heel Corbin just to laugh at you all.

In 2019 SCSA is a hasbeen that should be squashed by someone like Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens or Bray Wyatt.
Then you have him face off against someone that he never got a chance to face who is not part of the younger core, such as John Cena or Randy Orton. Or you spend the money, send the apologies, and book Punk vs Austin in the main event of WrestleMania.

Discussion starter · #60 ·

From what I've read, Austin hurt his back prior to facing the Coach at the PPV. That explains why the match was cancelled because he wasn't 100% to compete.

And why in the hell would he take a payday at the PPVs in Saudi? He's too busy with life, he doesn't have to make WWE money for one measly appearance.
He actually faked that back injury, Austin himself admitted on the podcast, there were several times Austin was slated to have a match post WM 19

Wm 20's semi main event was suppose to be Austin vs Vince
(this is why Vince was all over Smackdown being a dick in 2003)

Wm 21 was suppose to have Rock vs Sting, Rock vs JBL or Rock and Austin vs JBL & ???
(this was one of the 3 ideas Rock pitched before his contract ran out in 2004)

Taboo Tuesday 2005 - self explained

WM 22 Hogan Vs Austin (which Austin declined)

Trust me money talks, when he runs out of money from the USA show he most likely will take a HUGE pay day from Saudi

Here is the build for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIps8TEDNsg

It was very random when Stephaine booked Austin vs Coach on Raw

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.