Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was funny when Ziggler and Ambrose bombed their match, I still laugh remembering Ambrose trying to throw himself over the barricade, but this match was weak sauce. I feel Ziggler's latest PPV match fell flat.

Yeah Jinder is freaking the heel champion someone like me always wanted while Rusev was running around with US Title, but even Zayn vs Corbin was given shit coverage and made more of a splash. I wanted to say I'm shocked that after all the hype and build up that it wasn't that big, and then I remember we're dealing with Ziggler here who just doesn't have the spark. Ziggler is basically a Big Show and Mark Henry at this point, good for random ass jobber matches.

Jinder is picture perfect "Vince McMahon special" when it comes to beastly foreigner heel, I honestly don't feel you can get much better, having someone as skilled as Jinder, but actually look like a "Vince Guy', but I never imagined how good he would be in the spotlight as a champ. There was no reason Randy vs Jinder should have made such a splash, yet it is the talk of the town to me. I know it was pushed like crazy, but god dam Nakamura was on the Poster, and even DIY made his match look so lame, they had to break up DIY cause of how great they are. They can't keep having NXT Tag matches outshine main roster's Poster match.

Does anyone else think that maybe it might be a little Nakamura? When I first saw him NJPW, he was definitely an unforgettable character, just amazed by his facial expressions. I'm just wondering if he can really get people emotionally invested in a match like others do. Ziggler is incapable of anything like this, we knew that, but I just don't think Nakamura rose to the top like he should have, I guess beating Ziggler is meaningless when we've seen him fight Samoa Joe. I'm gonna mark this one down as Zigglers fault. If this was Nakamura vs Styles, it easily would have been the biggest splash. Roman makes biggest splashes in his water bowl on RAW than this match did in a PPV......now that I remember, Ziggler's promos were freaking pathetic, like Bayley level in terms of hyping.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
For any other occasions, it was a decent enough match.

But after the huge hype they built up, and the fact that we had to sit through 6 weeks of Nakamura either not being on the show or struggling through promos, and for them to then have this rather uneventful, underwhelming match, then yeah it was not good.

Plenty of people were shitting on Nakamura on Twitter/Facebook, because WWE built it up too much and they didn't deliver.

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
Still maintain Nakamura should have kicked Ziggler's head in right from the bell :shrug

For any other occasions, it was a decent enough match.

But after the huge hype they built up, and the fact that we had to sit through 6 weeks of Nakamura either not being on the show or struggling through promos, and for them to then have this rather uneventful, underwhelming match, then yeah it was not good.

Plenty of people were shitting on Nakamura on Twitter/Facebook, because WWE built it up too much and they didn't deliver.
WWE don't set out their matches well, still surprised Nakamura hasn't gotten anywhere close to hitting the highs he did in NJPW.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I dont think Nakamura should have destroyed Ziggler, that would have probably turned off casual fans too. A guy you dont know getting a super push and burying a guy who has been working hard in WWE for years.

The problem was the match itself was boring. I would have had no problem if it was a close encounter but it was actually really exciting. The fact that it was a boring debut is what made Nakamura look bad.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
I am surprised that it wasn't as good of a match as people were expecting, considering both he and Dolph are considered great ring workers. That said, I still haven't found a reason to be invested in him or his character. If his only redeeming factor is that he's a great wrestler, I'm not sold on him yet.

I did enjoy his feud with Bobby Roode but that mostly had to do with Roode and not Shinsuke.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
29,437 Posts
It's almost unanimously agreed upon that WWE overhyped this match. It was a bigger mistake to overhype a match involving Ziggler. I could certainly understand if it were AJ Styles, but definitely not Dolph. The buildup was awful and the payoff was lackluster. I hope we don't have to wait 2 months for him to get a noteworthy opponent.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Not surprised at all. I'm not a Ziggler fan and haven't been excited by anything involving him for a long time now.

Bad deal all-around. Hyping the match in the way they did set expectations too high and has put Nakamura in a bad spot now. Something has to be done urgently to get his momentum back.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,258 Posts
what did I tell you
I said Ziggler was a fucking awful worker and I was right.

he should never have been signed by WWE.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Ziggler was simply not the right guy to use for Nakamura's first match. It absolutely gutted me when they teased that Miz would be his first feud only to move him to Raw shortly after and downgrade to Ziggler. Even with the shakeup they knew they had Sami coming. Yes, I'm suggesting a face vs face match where Sami just wants another chance to get a win against him. Either would have been miles better than Ziggler.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
Nakamura had one great match in WWE and it was his debut, the rest of his matches have been decent-good... I don't think Ziggler was the problem because his matches with freaking Miz of all people were better than everything Nak has done in WWE except vs Zayn.

... And I'm a Dolph hater.

·
Registered
24,720 Posts
You know not every match is going to be a great MOTY canidate. It's just how shit works everybody has the occasional snoozer, not every hyped match delivers that's just life. It's probably nobodies fault it just wasn't a great match and that's okay.

HBK, Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Bryan, AJ Styles and any other great talent you can think off didn't always have the match of the night that's just how it is sometimes

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
LOL at OP. Ziggler doesnt have the spark? Ziggler is the best WWE original (Memphis style) worker today.
Dude has turned so many dead matches into great-amazing matches I have lost count. You might deservingly so doubt me so ask the legends and guys in the biz. All fans of the work of Ziggler and I'm not talking about rating him as one of the best today but they put him as one of the greats EVER.

Having said that. The match didmt flop. It's obvious they dont want Shinsuke to show too much and Shinsuke hinself has toned it down. It was a great 10 minutes of wrestling IN the ring. People need to accept the variety of matches. Not every match needs to be a spotfest like KO v AJ.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts