Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong i'm a mark for HHH, I think he is the 2nd greatest ever behind HBK but i just can't get pumped up for this match. I mean i liked there match at WM17, but i have a feeling there just gonna try to make this match like Takers WM25 & WM26 matches. WM25 was the greatest match i have ever seen with Taker and HBK, but when i found out they were facing at 26 i wasn't excited because i knew it was gonna be the exact same. Taker gets a close call then Shawn does then taker hits a finisher but Shawn kicks out then Shawn hits one and taker kicks out, and then taker hits the final one. I'm thinking there just gonna try to copy that. So I just can't get excited for the match.

Are any of you excited?

· Registered
1,604 Posts
no because everything about it feels forced plus they seem to ignore the fact that HHH has already been beaten at Mania by Taker .

· Registered
2,812 Posts
the way he worded it...it sounds like it could end up being career vs career...which would make it HUGE...and would really throw the "obvious" outcome out the window.. btw, everyone saying taker buried the locker room is wrong. he was dead on right. what else do either of them have left to prove? taker has the streak. HHH has....? at the moment, im looking forward to how this is going to all play out...and that little piece makes me think shawn might end up getting involved somehow...and cost hhh.

· Banned
361 Posts
I hope Undertaker changes his character a bit. Did anyone find it interesting that he actually smirked at Triple H? Hopefully it means he'll start cutting real promos, maybe becoming a little cocky, a little arrogant. That would be cool.

· Registered
496 Posts
I'm looking forward to both men putting on a good show but I don't think I've seen a Trips performance I actually liked in recent years. Hopefully this being an attempt to break the streak will bring some excitement to the mix.

Though if Taker wins, I fucking riot.

· Ho!
20,682 Posts
I have to say, Triple H really disappointed me on Raw. While I'm not as high on his mic skills in general as many are, I know he can cut great promos and can really add intensity to a feud. Honestly on Raw, Triple H didn't even seem to care. He looked exhausted, a bit out there, and really seemed like he was trying to force everything out and get it over with. Maybe he has more on his mind in real life, and I know he's currently learning the business side of WWE, but this week's promo was pretty pathetic for a feud that is for the biggest match at WM. Triple H really disappointed me.

And the thing is, Triple H is the stronger mic worker of him and Taker. So now Taker has to try and pick up the slack this week on Smackdown... but I have a feeling his material is going to be the same shit we've heard from him for the last 6 years. I know Taker can deliver an excellent promo, but it will all depend on the material.

So yeah, this week's Raw was not only the worst I've seen in a long damn time, but it actually left me little to no excitement for Mania, as it killed off almost all the excitement I had over the past couple of weeks with all the Undertaker/Triple H/Rock returns.

On the bright side, WWE still has 4 Raws and 5 Smackdowns left to bring back up my excitement level after this week's Raw killed it. So we'll see what happens. But yeah, what happened on Raw really made me less excited for this feud. Perhaps I expected too much out of Triple H, but I really thought he would deliver a great promo, or hell, even a good promo like he did last year with Sheamus (I believe the one where he challenged him at Mania or something like that), but instead, we got what we got, and it just didn't cut it.

Reactions: Starbuck

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
no because everything about it feels forced plus they seem to ignore the fact that HHH has already been beaten at Mania by Taker .
This. Hopefully it becomes more interesting in the coming weeks.

and that little piece makes me think shawn might end up getting involved somehow...and cost hhh.
This would be really interesting and could set up HHH' and Shawn's last match ever at next years Mania.
Even though HBK he never will again.

· Banned
361 Posts
Taker needs to start talking normally. Then we can see some good promos from him. But I swear to fucking Christ, if he starts talking about Triple H's 'soul', if he mentions 'eternal damnation' or some other bullshit I will switch off this feud completely Streak or no fucking streak I am sick of Undertaker's gimmick.

So much so that I hope he loses.

· Registered
4,669 Posts
Right now, I wouldn't exactly say I'm excited. It'll be a great match purely for the atmosphere, for sure, but it hasn't really begun to build into anything you can get completely hyped up for yet. The coming weeks will surely change that, it's just too bad HHH and Undertaker are pretty much going to bury everyone in their collective locker rooms in order to do it.

Taker needs to start talking normally. Then we can see some good promos from him. But I swear to fucking Christ, if he starts talking about Triple H's 'soul', if he mentions 'eternal damnation' or some other bullshit I will switch off this feud completely Streak or no fucking streak I am sick of Undertaker's gimmick.

So much so that I hope he loses.
You should appreciate a character that stands out while he's still around. I'll take a wrestling cowboy demon zombie over an endless army of generic FCW guys named shit like "Tanner Brick" with black trunks and mallcore entrance themes.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.