Wrestling Forum banner

Is anyone else warming to Rybaxel now?

10673 Views 149 Replies 90 Participants Last post by  RyanRAW

Ok, I just want to start by saying that although I know I'm in the minority here however I've always been a huge fan of Curtis Axel's, I think he's incredibly underrated in the ring and I think it's possibly due to his mic skills really that lets him down to most people, I think it's just a case of he seems a bit uncomfortable with a script as when you see him improvising outside of these, the dude does show charisma, however that's another story ... Ryback however doesn't come across as the best in the ring (not bad, but not great) ... and he does 'look' like he could possibly be a little careless (keyword look as many talents in the past have looked careless but not actually caused many injury's, so this can sometimes be deceiving) ... however together, these guys do, for some reason ... seem to have some good chemistry with each other.

Here is a good example of the chemistry between them :

Axel seems kinda like the little kid where as Ryback seems like the man to calm him down, it's kinda like the gimmick of them both together ... but it's great, they were good on commentary tonight and for some reason combined they just ... work.

I'm kinda expecting these guys to be knocked here in this thread, and I do respect all opinions also, however what are your thoughts in regards to Rybaxel, are you warming to them and would you like to see them (at some point) have a little tag team title run?​
Reactions: KakeRock and Knocks
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

· Registered
1,143 Posts
I kinda felt myself warming up to them while they were on commentary tonight. It was a very confusing sensation lol

· A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kinda felt myself warming up to them while they were on commentary tonight. It was a very confusing sensation lol
Haha, yeah, it's nice to see but I think these guys need a break now, I'm not the biggest Ryback fan (I don't mind him) but I think he's had a bit too much stick than has been called for and the same goes for Curtis Axel really, I don't think Axel's booking helped either while he was the Intercontinental Champion yet was the guy that always got beat up for Heyman at the time also, but combining them together .. they work!

I'd like to see them have a title run, I'm not saying a massive run or anything phenomenal but a little something I think would be nice, where the Prime Time Players never got this (but I felt they should have done), Rybaxel would be a great substitute to make up for that for me personally.

Ryback is great, they should let him be himself more often.

Was gonna post that Rybaxel Rules video, that video is what made me like them. Nice they seem to be getting a push.
I think he's become more confident in recent times and this is probably why, it shows, he seems to have that 'couldn't give a fuck' attitude a bit more now and it's doing good things for him.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Re: Rybaxel Actually Were Funny Tonight

Ryback has always been good, he's funny on twitter too, they cut some great promos on the app from time to time. They seem like your everyday kinda guys, but they are wrestlers, its good to see.

18,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does his shirt really say better than perfect????

Yes, but I hope you don't think that means as in 'better than Curt Hennig' ... it doesn't, it's his way of continuing his dad's legacy/gimmick into his persona, that's all.

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Yeah I've been on board with them for a while. Decent chemistry as you say and they've a nice contrast in in-ring style.

Can't say I trust they'll be given much to work with though. Was hoping for a feud between them and PTP (who weren't used particularly well either) but it's obviously too late for that now.

18,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I've been on board with them for a while. Decent chemistry as you say and they've a nice contrast in in-ring style.

Can't say I trust they'll be given much to work with though. Was hoping for a feud between them and PTP (who weren't used particularly well either) but it's obviously too late for that now.
Absolutely agree, yeah I'm not sure who they could feud with, The Uso's maybe? ... They would have been good with the PTP's I agree, and possibly even The Real American's also, I'd have to think about it more in regards to who they've work well with in a good feud.

Maybe some others have some suggestions here?

18,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been a fan of Ryback's since late 2012, Curtis Axel tho...HE'S SO BORING
Nah, Axel's a diamond in the rough, however of course I appreciate your opinion as that's yours of course :)

18,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heck no, both should just ask for their release.
Nah man, Axel's one of the best in ring workers on the roster and Ryback has that monster heel about him that's not really on the roster at the moment, maybe Rusev is the closest, but Ryback has relevance if booked properly.

I was just thinking too, did anyone recall what Ryback said on commentary something about Mr Perfect and I think Ryback's dad or something ... and then he said how it was a true story, I forget what it was now on the commentary but I also thought that this could also be part of the bond that Ryback and Axel have too.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.