Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else tired of Randy Orton's "Viper" gimmick? I cant stand how he just always can counter anything and hit his RKO. They act like it looks so devastating, but the spear, code breaker, FU, trouble in paradise, GTS, choke slam, and tombstone all look like they would hurt more then the RKO. And they act like his move is the only move that can be hit out of anywhere. He puts on good matches some of the time but he has also ruined a tone of matches because of the RKO. Like when he wrestled Jeff Hardy at Royal Rumble 2008, hardy hits like 3 big moves in a row and Orton just hits his RKO and pins him like nothing happened and it ended the match early then i thought it would. In that 5 on 5 elimination match on Raw's 900th, he hit Michael Tarver with a RKO but he paused first and i thought it looked weird. Im just tired and bored with Orton and his so called "viper" approach. What about you guys?

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
i never liked the viper as much as the Legend Killer but i think what they did with Orton at the start of 2009 with the McMahon incidents was a good set of angles. But the viper gimmick hasnt done it for other than that

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't mind it at all. And its over with the fans so we just have to get use to it. It's one of the most over gimmicks I've seen in some time.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yes. I greatly dislike Orton now as a "tweener-like-face". He's a better heel.

Face it guys, he's not quite a full face just yet. Everyone just cheers for him.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I think he's good in the ring when he wants to be, and some of the spots he's incorporated the RKO into are amazing (Air Borne to RKO was off the charts) - but he's a bit too slow for me and his character has virtually no personality.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't mind Viper Orton, I'd rather him be a heel again tho. Legend Killer was fantastic and I wish they'd bring that back.

"I'm Randy Orton! Legend. Killer."

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think he's good in the ring when he wants to be, and some of the spots he's incorporated the RKO into are amazing (Air Borne to RKO was off the charts) - but he's a bit too slow for me and his character has virtually no personality.
While those moves at first look cool, and obviously require skill/timing to pull off, he never seems to really connect when they are coming off the ropes, and i dont buy it. I prefer the couple of time when jericho got the code breaker off when his opponent was in the air.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
While those moves at first look cool, and obviously require skill/timing to pull off, he never seems to really connect when they are coming off the ropes, and i dont buy it. I prefer the couple of time when jericho got the code breaker off when his opponent was in the air.
I hear what you're saying, but i think the margin for error is slightly higher pulling off the RKO mid-air than the Codebreaker. That's not to say Orton is better than The Honest Man by any stretch because he isn't.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Randy orton
*claps*

thanks for the two cents Eugene (Y)

BOT:
Orton's Apex Predator Gimmick (i refuse to call him Viper cause that sounds douchey) is amazing IMO

he doesn't have to speak to get reactions, he relies on his talent in the ring to get a reaction and that's the amazing thing about Orton, he is THAT good, that he doesn't need to speak to be one of the best, and i think WWE are trying to show that through this gimmick

·
Registered
721 Posts
I herd in his 2008 interview he didn't want to be face. Well keep seeing his viper image for a long time until he gets another.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts