Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a great many of us are quite annoyed at the Daniel Bryan situation, and though I am myself a Roman Reigns fan, I can understand it.
But, despite all that, wouldn't you agree that the current undercard in WWE is actually looking stronger, healthier and more intriguing than it's done in quite some time?
Let's take a look at some examples:

Mizdow and Miz
Two guys who don't have the best look, who are not the best in the ring, but are great talkers, who can both connect to an audience. Realising that the two were languishing, they stuck them together, and it's been absolute gold. Miz is somewhat relevant again, and Mizdow - as judged by his consistent pops on TV and PPV - is really getting over as a face. Their inevitable break-up and rivalry, if handled well, could be quite well received.

Dean Ambrose vs Bad News Barrett
As above, both these guys have been squandered, though to far different degrees. Ambrose had a brief main event run, but the brush with Cena inevitably made him look goofy and ineffectual. And Barrett never recovered from the highs of the Nexus. Their feud seems to be rehabilitating both these guys, and making the IC title somewhat relevant again. I still don't think Dean should be a face, but I can't deny that he's doing great work.

Goldust vs Stardust
Probably my favourite feud in WWE at the moment. Cody Rhodes looked lost after they needlessly dropped his mask gimmick, and had been doing literally nothing but playing the cocky heel since. He was a guy, perhaps more than almost anyone on the roster, who excelled with a clear-cut gimmick. At first, Stardust was pretty embarrassing to watch, but the heel turn has led to some really great promos and segments, and what i felt was a solid match at Fast Lane. Add into that a seasoned vet like Goldust, who's selling the angle like a million bucks, and I think their feud's a really positive addition to the show.

What do you guys think? Are you as pleased with what we've been getting on the under/mid card as I am?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well the main event isn't interesting enough, so.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Im enjoying the feud of Cesaro and Kidd vs The Usos its about time they turn Nattie heel too finally Cesaro is not being jobbed. I dont want Ambrose to win the IC title because its Poison no one has been elevated with it for the past 5 years and they always booked like a joke but im tired of Ambrose losing every paperview so im conficted there.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
maybe my understanding of definitions is lacking here. not english as first language.
mkay that is more the upper midcard and rhodes well surely undercard.
cesaro+kidd - totally enjoying. when i hear to police voice with cesaros psycho rave i know i am going to see some skilled in ring.
ambrose - he is great at what he does, not matter what booking or storyline
rhodes - cody will reach his prime and i am interested if wwe tries to use him proberbly at age of 30 or waste him until his prime is over. Happens right now to BNB who has one of the best Heel Looks and is about 35 (or less)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'm a big fan of Miz and Mizdow. Glad they are giving the Dust Brothers more screen time, even if they lose constantly. The part of Raw I look forward to most is the Kidd/Cesaro tag team match. I wish my pants would magically fly off when they hit the Big Swing into the Dropkick so I don't have to splooge myself.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I have enjoyed the Ambrose/Barrett feud so far. I have also been enjoying Kidd/Cesaro vs The Usos and Goldust vs Stardust.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm really enjoying the IC title scene right now. Lots of great talent involved with Ambrose, BNB, Ziggler & potentially Bryan too. They just need to let these guys cut more promos on RAW to promote the storyline further. The ladder match should be awesome and potentially a show stealer, if given enough time.

Stardust has surprised me recently with his great promos, so I'm suddenly invested in the Dust Bros feud. He's becoming a great psycho heel.

Mizdow is great fun and Miz is owning his character and role in this story right now. Can't wait to see the split finally occur.

Reigns/Lesnar is one of the matches I'm least interested in for Mania which is a shame seeing as it's, you know, THE MAIN EVENT. Reigns doesn't entertain me at all and Lesnar isn't around enough to save this feud. Heyman's ass kissing of Reigns last week didn't help.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Love Cesaro & Kidd awesome Tag Team.

The rest is just meh, Ambrose needs to claim that IC & Sandow needs to deck Miz sooner rather than later.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
I'm surprised that I'm actually enjoying the Usos, Kidd, Naomi, Natalya stuff. I'm even more surprised that they have a storyline with any meat to it to begin with.

Barrett and Ambrose are as great as always and R Truth, though random, I actually enjoy seeing in a somewhat relevant feud again too.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I know a great many of us are quite annoyed at the Daniel Bryan situation, and though I am myself a Roman Reigns fan, I can understand it.
But, despite all that, wouldn't you agree that the current undercard in WWE is actually looking stronger, healthier and more intriguing than it's done in quite some time?
Let's take a look at some examples:

Mizdow and Miz
Two guys who don't have the best look, who are not the best in the ring, but are great talkers, who can both connect to an audience. Realising that the two were languishing, they stuck them together, and it's been absolute gold. Miz is somewhat relevant again, and Mizdow - as judged by his consistent pops on TV and PPV - is really getting over as a face. Their inevitable break-up and rivalry, if handled well, could be quite well received.

Dean Ambrose vs Bad News Barrett
As above, both these guys have been squandered, though to far different degrees. Ambrose had a brief main event run, but the brush with Cena inevitably made him look goofy and ineffectual. And Barrett never recovered from the highs of the Nexus. Their feud seems to be rehabilitating both these guys, and making the IC title somewhat relevant again. I still don't think Dean should be a face, but I can't deny that he's doing great work.

Goldust vs Stardust
Probably my favourite feud in WWE at the moment. Cody Rhodes looked lost after they needlessly dropped his mask gimmick, and had been doing literally nothing but playing the cocky heel since. He was a guy, perhaps more than almost anyone on the roster, who excelled with a clear-cut gimmick. At first, Stardust was pretty embarrassing to watch, but the heel turn has led to some really great promos and segments, and what i felt was a solid match at Fast Lane. Add into that a seasoned vet like Goldust, who's selling the angle like a million bucks, and I think their feud's a really positive addition to the show.

What do you guys think? Are you as pleased with what we've been getting on the under/mid card as I am?
Really enjoying their feud as well, but sorry that match was horrible. Neither were in sync together at all to carry any flow to the match.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I'm enjoying it also. Moreso than the Main Event. Kidd/Ceasaro is an awesome team. Multiple guys jumping into the IC Title picture is working out well. The crowd is going to go NUTS once Mizdow finally snaps on Miz. :mark:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yes. I'm enjoying the midcard feud with the IC title and I'm sure that it will be an awesome match between the performers. Cesaro and Tyson Kidd as a team are very fresh and, hey, they are the tag team champions, so that means that there is one more reason to watch. Stardust and Goldust are a new feud, but Cody is being the highlight of it. Miz and Mizdow are a feud that I expect to see at WrestleMania, but I like the fact that they are having a slow breakup, which feels a lot more organic.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Midcard is the only thing making this trash of a company bearable.

Just wish Swagger has a feud instead of doing job duty on secondary shows.

Reactions: A-C-P

·
Registered
8,361 Posts
I'm hyped, I'm an Ambrose mark, and a Cody Rhodes mark, and a Sandow mark so it's all making me happy lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.