Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So originally Jeff Jarrett was treated like absolute shit by Hogan/Bischoff. Eventually and inexplicably after cleaning bathrooms and flipping burgers he was suddenly a company man and going in to battle for Hogan and Eric as often as possible.

At about this time Sting shows up, talking about "deception" and how people weren't seeing everything. He also nails Hogan and Abyss. Jarrett eventually and constantly confronts Sting as a face, and Sting keeps nailing Jarrett with distinctly heel tactics, and Sting continues with his "Deception" outbursts. Sting is then suspended for thirty days after Hogan and Eric convince Dixie that Sting is a cancer.

Kevin Nash, already pissed off and suspicious of the trio then supposedly nails Bischoff's secretary. The next week he's suddenly on Jarrett's case as if he's found out Jeff's, Hogan's and Bischoff's true motives. It seems to me like he now knows what Sting knows and is also coming off as a heel, and Jarrett still playing face.

However, we all know that Sting and now possibly Nash are actually the faces. Sting was close to telling Dixie the truth but Eric interfered. We also know that Bound For Glory is at the Daytona Center, where Hogan infamously turned his back on WCW.

My conclusion? Hogan, Eric and now Jeff are going to make a powerplay to own TNA and force Dixie out, culminating at the Daytona Center on 10/10/10. Hogan, Eric and Jeff are "they" and Abyss destroying Hogan is a diversionary tactic. We all seen how tight Hogan and the fat one were. The current form of Abyss is a prelude of what's to come. A battle for TNA ownership.

That's what I've read thus far into the situation. Anyone agree or have their own thoughts? Makes sense to me, unless I'm missing something.

·
Foley Is Good
1,333 Posts
So originally Jeff Jarrett was treated like absolute shit by Hogan/Bischoff. Eventually and inexplicably after cleaning bathrooms and flipping burgers he was suddenly a company man and going in to battle for Hogan and Eric as often as possible.

At about this time Sting shows up, talking about "deception" and how people weren't seeing everything. He also nails Hogan and Abyss. Jarrett eventually and constantly confronts Sting as a face, and Sting keeps nailing Jarrett with distinctly heel tactics, and Sting continues with his "Deception" outbursts. Sting is then suspended for thirty days after Hogan and Eric convince Dixie that Sting is a cancer.

Kevin Nash, already pissed off and suspicious of the trio then supposedly nails Bischoff's secretary. The next week he's suddenly on Jarrett's case as if he's found out Jeff's, Hogan's and Bischoff's true motives. It seems to me like he now knows what Sting knows and is also coming off as a heel, and Jarrett still playing face.

However, we all know that Sting and now possibly Nash are actually the faces. Sting was close to telling Dixie the truth but Eric interfered. We also know that Bound For Glory is at the Daytona Center, where Hogan infamously turned his back on WCW.

My conclusion? Hogan, Eric and now Jeff are going to make a powerplay to own TNA and force Dixie out, culminating at the Daytona Center on 10/10/10. Hogan, Eric and Jeff are "they" and Abyss destroying Hogan is a diversionary tactic. We all seen how tight Hogan and the fat one were. The current form of Abyss is a prelude of what's to come. A battle for TNA ownership.

That's what I've read thus far into the situation. Anyone agree or have their own thoughts? Makes sense to me, unless I'm missing something.
I have not thought of ANY of that, but it sounds awesome if it were true!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Jarrett would be against Dixie AND Hogan & Bishoff.
Dixie went behind Jarrett's back and brought them in, they then pushed him aside.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Jarrett would be against Dixie AND Hogan & Bishoff.
Dixie went behind Jarrett's back and brought them in, they then pushed him aside.
yeah but thats what he is saying. Jarrett was pushed out by Dixxie and to hold on to any power he can he joined Bischoff and Hogan to take control of the company. Right now with Dixie in control he's powerless.

As much as a Kevin nash/Jarrett match doesn't sound AWESOME...I really dug their in ring with Kevin "getting it". They are advancing the storyline...Nash gets it, but he isn't all that upset about it cause he would do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Russo is probably aiming somewhere in that ballpark, I have a feeling Kurt Angle is going to win the TNA championship and eventually help Sting and Nash.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Russo is probably aiming somewhere in that ballpark, I have a feeling Kurt Angle is going to win the TNA championship and eventually help Sting and Nash.
:hmm: Main Event Mafia reunion as a face faction...

Bro this is awesome though...makes sense and I'd be intrigued to watch how it plays out!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Before you make any predictions remember the ace of spades attacker and the Samoa Joe kidnapping: just because a plot looks like its going one way doesn't mean that the writers remember it

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before you make any predictions remember the ace of spades attacker and the Samoa Joe kidnapping: just because a plot looks like its going one way doesn't mean that the writers remember it
I'm pretty sure judging from the January - April period of Hogan's TNA and their love of what they did in the 90's and the rehashing of stars from that period, this was their one ultimate goal from the beginning.

The great thing about this angle is that when Hogan's heel, he just has to tell the truth to get serious heat. he doesn't care about the company, he thinks the talent sucks ,that Dixie's a mark and he thinks the show should revolve around him.

·
Registered
9,567 Posts

I think you have though more about this than the TNA creative team has. I think it could work if done correctly, but you need to involve the young guys like AJ, Joe, Anderson, Hardy, Pope. I don't want to see guys like Hogan, Eric, Jeff, Abyss, Sting and ECW guys on my screen for the entire show.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I'm still hoping "they" is the New World Order. That stupid hick Dixie invited the NWO in and gave them power. Hogan even debuted with the black and white colors and NWO music. Sting should smack her upside the head with a bat for being so blind.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

Makes sense. Which automatically means that it's not what TNA has planned. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this is good. Obviously, you have to find some way to focus on the actual talent, because we do not want MEM 2010 squashing the young guys and dragging the shows down like last year.

There's just one fly in your ointment, SMP.

Ric Flair.

There is absolutely no way that Flair is going to simply sit out of this conflict, especially if it involves control of TNA. If this does indeed go down, I'd expect Flair to somehow be a pivotal factor in the ensuing chaos.

·
Foley Is Good
1,333 Posts
The ace of spades attacker was Orlando Jordan. I didn't think that was supposed to be a mystery or anything.

You're right about the kidnapping though. They just forgot about that. It was so random :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
yea tna seems to like drop story's mid stride. but they seem to slowly going to that angle. maybe they are taking there time being they don't wanna mess this one up. they tried a nwo angle 3 times before an failed every time. hall and nash nwo kurts nwo and the wolfpack. and 3 times failed pretty much says that angle only worked in the 90s. hogans heel turn in wcw times can only happen once at least the reaction it generated. and really his ell turn went from hated to loved late wcw nwo and his wwe nwo run. wwe was expecting hate but got a good reaction for nwo. why wwe quickly killed it off. and the very short tna run was do the fact all the original member are simply to old and messed up to do it again.

the only faction i know where time didn't kill it was dx. it wasn't until Shawn retired that it was over for dx.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Sounds interesting and would be pretty cool if TNA could get this thing done properly imo! This is also the crux of the matter, because TNA is pretty good in blowing good storylines up in smokes!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think you could be right, apart from the Abys being in Hogans corner, and They be Hogan and Bischoff.

I actually think ”they“ are Sting and other Wrestlers still to be named.

Ie before his suspension, Sting managed to get Abys alone and tell him how it is. Abys realising he is being used to push Hogan and Erics real plans, snaps and becomes the monster, being lied to and betrayed by Hogan who he had bonded with and opened himself up to, has left him in a fragile state of mind causing chaos.

Nash is another who sting has got to, and another who would feel ultimate betrayal by a ”brother for life“

I also don't understand why people think TNA have forgotten about Joes kidnapping, I may be wrong, old age and that, but didn't Joe in his fuzzy video clips prior to his comeback mention “THEY” to me that would mean that its all tied in with each other.

Joe comes back and is acting like a crazed beast, coming down destroying everyone in front of him.....

...Abys refers to THEY also and starts do the same, beating everyone in his path.

So to sum up I think THEY are a faction consisting of Sting, Nash and newly recruited Joe and Abys, out to avenge the betrayel of Hogan and Eric. Remember THEY would need to be somebody that is a threat to Dixie, ie Sting, in order for her to feel the need to bring in ECW as protection.

But I'll tell you something whoever is right, and it probably won't be me, TNA is freaking red hot at the moment, and its been a long time since any pro wrestling showe has had me looking forward to the next installment from the moment the last one ended....

·
Let's Blade
5,736 Posts
I think you're pretty close, some of it is still kind of up in the air though - I would love to see Bischoff and Hogan make a move to take Dixie out though, it would play off all the internet crap about her being worked by the boys.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts