Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will use Courtney Stodden for example. She is 19 and split from her 50 something husband and is now hanging with a 53 year old man. It seems kinda strange for a girl to be interested in men that much older but I don't judge her, its America, to each his own.

But how would some of you feel if you had a friend or relative her age that wanted to date someone that old?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/courtney-stodden-new-man_n_4325346.html

·
CONCERNED THIRD PARTY
1,323 Posts
I will use Courtney Stodden for example. She is 19 and split from her 50 something husband and is now hanging with a 53 year old man. It seems kinda strange for a girl to be interested in men that much older but I don't judge her, its America, to each his own.

But how would some of you feel if you had a friend or relative her age that wanted to date someone that old?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/courtney-stodden-new-man_n_4325346.html
Nah, i'm used to it. My uncle date girls younger than me.

·
TBZ
5,853 Posts
The older the younger partner is the less "creepy" or "weird" it's seen as. For example, an 18 and 28 year old will have less in common in terms of life experience compared to a 30 and 40 year old. In this example with a 10 year disparity between the two, the older the couple are overall the less strange it seems.
Obviously a nineteen year old dating a fifty year old is something else. But as long as the younger of the two is of legal age I wouldn't make it my right to judge, unless it's my daughter/son of course and you can bet I'll be doing a lot more than judging then.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

The Daddy issues are strong in this one

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
Not creepy but I do question their intentions.

I am 22 and I couldn't see myself being with someone older then 30 long term and I think most others my age would feel the same.

50-70 and 18=Gold digging 9 times out of 10 I would imagine.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
I always feel like when a man is with a much younger women, it's because there's something ~off about him that women his own age, with experience, can pick up on. Younger, more naive, women miss the red flags.

Contrariwise, I always feel like women who are dating much younger men are trying to compete with women his age to prove they're just as hot and desirable as the younger girls.

Having said that, some people just like each other and age isn't a thing. In Doug and Courtney's case, though, she is a poster child for the after-effects of childhood sexual abuse. It's painful to watch.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The older the younger partner is the less "creepy" or "weird" it's seen as. For example, an 18 and 28 year old will have less in common in terms of life experience compared to a 30 and 40 year old. In this example with a 10 year disparity between the two, the older the couple are overall the less strange it seems.
Obviously a nineteen year old dating a fifty year old is something else. But as long as the younger of the two is of legal age I wouldn't make it my right to judge, unless it's my daughter/son of course and you can bet I'll be doing a lot more than judging then.[/QUOTE]

Double standard? Its ok for an 18 year old to do what she wants as long as not your daughter? If I was your 18 year old kid I would say thanks for the advice dad, now please butt out because I am 18 and do what I want.

You used Courtney Stodden as an example? Dude, that's not an age thing. That's an interspecies thing.

lol true.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
Really depends on who is involved and the ages. I'd say generally no, I have no problems but there are the ones that are pretty bad (Hugh Hefner and his bunnies/playmates for instance). Proof that if you've got boat loads of cash you can basically have any woman you desire. Good news for being a rich man, but also a sad commentary on women in general.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
If it's an 18 year old dating anybody older, I don't care.
Essentially this.

If it's < 15 years whatever. It's > 15 years I'm always like hmmmm WTF do they talk about? But they might not be talking just fucking. To each his/her own. I just turned 33 and I was dating a girl who is 23 until a few months ago. So I was 32 she was 23. I probably had as much in common with her as anyone I have been with. The two girls I have dated who were older than me were fucking crazy. No thanks too much damn baggage. I was born in 1980. I have a 1990 rule. She has to be born before 1990.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
I don't really give a damn. I'm the product of a May/December romance myself - my mother was 26 and my father was 52. As long as the younger person is of consenting age and it's a mutual romance between two people, I couldn't care less.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I think if they have stuff in common, have good intentions and care for each other then it isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
There are so many people who are together and unhappy. Fuck if you are happy and it's consenting who cares if there is an age difference?

·
TBZ
5,853 Posts
Double standard? Its ok for an 18 year old to do what she wants as long as not your daughter? If I was your 18 year old kid I would say thanks for the advice dad, now please butt out because I am 18 and do what I want.
Then I will gladly make your life a living hell. :drake1

1 - 20 of 38 Posts