Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
Re: Is anybody getting bored with TNA always giving the World Title to Sting or Angle

yep,

which is why i wan't Roode to hold the belt till lockdown where he drops it to either pope, AJ or storm.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Re: Is anybody getting bored with TNA always giving the World Title to Sting or Angle

Ya huh. I haven't wanted Angle to hold since the MEM days.

I'm generally just bored with this company in general. Sucks. I wanna enjoy it. Think I've outgrown it.

·
Registered
967 Posts

I didn't mind Angle or Sting as champ, but your right in saying that the same names always seem to be holding the title. When you consider the talent on TNA's roster that could be main eventing for the belt, its criminal how over looked some people in TNA are

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts

Giving the title to Roode would be a big leap of faith for TNA... IMO it will work. Angle and Sting dont need to hold the belt.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts

i'm hoping roode wins it at bfg...

and i hope he retains so both sting and angle are out of the title picture for good... give him new feuds, put some new people in the title picture (no ex-wwe and no veterans) and it'll do wonders for it

·
HEADBANGA
21,307 Posts

Ya huh. I haven't wanted Angle to hold since the MEM days.

I'm generally just bored with this company in general. Sucks. I wanna enjoy it. Think I've outgrown it.
This reflect my feelings as well. Hopefully Roode winning might turn it around. :/

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

why the fuck should hardy win it
Your answer is just as good as mine

but it's gonna happen. The redemption story is just the beginning of his next run as a top babyface. And considering TNA's love for ex WWE stars (and Jeff being a major star 2 years ago) it's gonna happen. He WILL be the face of their brand and their top babyface if he doesn't fuck up again

sad but true

·
Registered
282 Posts

its not really about them being champ all the time its about the whole show revolving around them all the time and if roode wins the title it wont mean shit if the show isnt revolving around him

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts

The main event of TNA is not the main event. It is just old guys cashing a check. RVD, Hardy, Anderson, Sting and Angle have spent a year passing around the title like a hot potato. None of the matches were all that good and one of them is legendarily bad.

I mark for tag teams and X Division matches, and the people in the Fortune Stable. I'm thrilled that Roode and Storm could find themselves in the main event scene feuding over the belt.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

Absolutely, yes. Can't imagine why someone wouldn't be bored with it. Sting can barely move and watching the 70 pound, pale, crazy-eyed Kurt Angle jump around a wrestling ring is just depressing.

The upper card and main event scenes in TNA are ass backwards.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts

Sting yes, Angle no. Angle is still the best in the world to me. I'm hoping Bobby Roode wins it and feuds with AJ or Storm though.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts

I have not wanted Sting in the title picture going on 5 years now, not since the Sting vs Joe feud in 2007 at BFG. To me Angle isn't even half the performer he was a few years ago let alone him in the WWE, so all he really has left that's bankable is his name, I don't enjoy his matches.

Take for example Lockdown, Angle vs Jarrett, Angle nearly killed himself, for what a medicore match that people are going to only remember because he came close to death. I really hope that this is Angle's last World Title run, he needs some time off, which will give other TNA stars a chance to shine.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Sting doesn't need the title to draw I really don't know why they keep giving it to him.

Angle though can still perform at the top level Keeping him in the main event picture can only be a good thing for his opponents.

·
Registered
154 Posts

I have not wanted Sting in the title picture going on 5 years now, not since the Sting vs Joe feud in 2007 at BFG. To me Angle isn't even half the performer he was a few years ago let alone him in the WWE, so all he really has left that's bankable is his name, I don't enjoy his matches.

Take for example Lockdown, Angle vs Jarrett, Angle nearly killed himself, for what a medicore match that people are going to only remember because he came close to death. I really hope that this is Angle's last World Title run, he needs some time off, which will give other TNA stars a chance to shine.
Yeah although I feel Angle still has it in him I have to agree there wasn't much about Jarrett Angle I even enjoyed.

On the flip side he put on a good match with Storm this week considering its just a TV match when its cranked up a notch at BFG I really think Angle can still shine and that will be very good for Bobby Roode

·
Registered
314 Posts

The title picture has been quite stale as of late.
Take 2010 - only 3 world heavyweight champs: AJ Styles, RVD and Jeff Hardy. This gave the belt (and its holders) some major respect. It was incredibly difficult to attain.
But in 2011 there has been far too many title changes and transitional champs. Furthermore, a belt would be won by say Sting or Mr. Anderson, and then they would loose it to the same opponent they beat 2 weeks later! Where's the sense in that.
Give the world heavyweight championship some credentials again. We shouldn't be tuning into Impact and dreading the main event!

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts

Yes, especially Sting. He's done and doesn't need it anymore.

As for Kurt, I honestly believe that the only reason he has the belt right now is because of what happened with Jeff Hardy. I really think that the plan was to keep the belt on Hardy for most of the year and heading into BFG. When he fell off the wagon, it was like TNA didn't have a top heel for months and they just shoehorned Angle into the role because he's good enough to carry the load.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts