Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Moxley Fanatic
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
let's see, he kicked the miz in the balls, which resulted in a DQ, but he retains the IC title. what do you all think? is dean slowly turning heel or not? the only reason I ask is because I've seen a few twitter posts that suspect this may be what is happening.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
What he did wasn't "heelish" imo, he was just defending himself against The Miz. I don't see them turning Ambrose heel anytime soon despite the fact that it's severely needed.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
It was more about Ambrose trying to even the score. Ambrose did not at all intend on getting disqualified. He was hoping Maryse still had the ref distracted but by the time he hit Miz with the lowblow, the ref turned around in time to see what was going on. Miz went for the lowblow first so it was nothing more than an "eye for an eye" sort of thing.

·
Moxley Fanatic
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was more about Ambrose trying to even the score. Ambrose did not at all intend on getting disqualified. He was hoping Maryse still had the ref distracted but by the time he hit Miz with the lowblow, the ref turned around in time to see what was going on. Miz went for the lowblow first so it was nothing more than an "eye for an eye" sort of thing.

I agree with that because I watched it happen on TV. I was just curious, that's all.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Hate I missed it live (the flu is a bitch) but from what I've seen via YT, he definitely had more of an edge. Everyone is discussing the low blow while totally omitting the fact he attempted to dive on Miz despite Maryse shielding him. He had no qualms over assaulting a woman, and it wasn't "accidental" like most male on female bumps today; it was 100% calculated & intentional. WWE has shyed away from the more risque & bawdy faces of years past, opting instead to book most faces as cookie cutter and vanilla. Knowing that & the fact Dean had no issue taking out a woman or returning the low blow (an eye for an eye) if they're halfway competent, one of two is happening:

A)They're turning him heel slowly

B) His character is finally prepping to be booked as a no nonsense tweener that operates in shades of grey.

I noticed his new shirt read "No Good Dean Ambrose" (with emphasis on "No Good") and his post match promo -- while still incorporating light humor -- being more brash and abrasive. As a fan, I'm fine with him being a legitimate tweener. That's Deans sweet spot and he doesn't need to turn fully heel if they can be convinced to book him as more of a gritty antihero as opposed to the guy who cosplays as The Mountie.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
It could be, but like others have said, it was in response to Miz trying to lowblow him first. I thought it was funny that Dean seemed to forget for a moment that lowblowing would get him DQed though :lol

I also liked him warning Maryse that he'd jump on both her and Miz if she didn't get out of the way. Nice to see somebody finally not taking her bullshit anymore lol.

·
Moxley Fanatic
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hate I missed it live (the flu is a bitch) but from what I've seen via YT, he definitely had more of an edge. Everyone is discussing the low blow while totally omitting the fact he attempted to dive on Miz despite Maryse shielding him. He had no qualms over assaulting a woman, and it wasn't "accidental" like most male on female bumps today; it was 100% calculated & intentional. WWE has shyed away from the more risque & bawdy faces of years past, opting instead to book most faces as cookie cutter and vanilla. Knowing that & the fact Dean had no issue taking out a woman or returning the low blow (an eye for an eye) if they're halfway competent, one of two is happening:

A)They're turning him heel slowly

B) His character is finally prepping to be booked as a no nonsense tweener that operates in shades of grey.

I noticed his new shirt read "No Good Dean Ambrose" (with emphasis on "No Good") and his post match promo -- while still incorporating light humor -- being more brash and abrasive. As a fan, I'm fine with him being a legitimate tweener. That's Deans sweet spot and he doesn't need to turn fully heel if they can be convinced to book him as more of a gritty antihero as opposed to the guy who cosplays as The Mountie.

I like option b. it's the one that makes the most sense to me.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Nah, WWE its very direct when they turn someone, stop wasting your time searching for clues, just like Roman after Mania all his fans thought he turned lol

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,834 Posts
I wouldn't take anything from it OP, he's kicked people in the balls before I think.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts