Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,463 Posts
I have been thinking about this feud with AJ and Bully Ray
and I wonder if AJ is being punished for some reason because of
the injury angle.

What is the point of the injury angle?
The point is to get Bully Ray over as a heel by having him take the most loved face in TNA and having him break AJ's neck. AJ will probably be back at Lockdown making a surprise appearance to help Fortune win.

Reactions: IAmNotAJ

· Registered
163 Posts
Screw Bully Ray, he's had years to build himself even with D-von around. AJ should just be champ, all year round....

· Registered
4,841 Posts
Yet TNA does its best ratings when AJ isnt champ.

Peole you need to remember ALL that matters to TNA is ratings and how their inept creative team interprets them.

· Registered
4,854 Posts
I have to agree with the fact TNA is all about ratings and AJ Styles doesn't mean ratings...since the focus is on Jeff Hardy TNA is doing weekly 1.3 ratings compared to the 0.9 when styles as champ .
And Aj has been champion for a great part of 2010,he's won all the belts in TNA,now TNA needs to build another Xdivison guy and get him to the heavyweights..I think Alex Shelley would be a good pick.

· Banned
10,027 Posts
^ idiot for comparing ratings when most of Styles' reign was during the monday night debacle where WWE routinely mopped the floor with TNA. and yes, Jeff Hardy was on the roster then too.

· Registered
718 Posts
Regarding this Injury angle, I noticed the "X" motion by the referee and it was filmed to blatantly be in shot. Do you think that Russo and co. saw the IWC get in a furore over Hardy, saying they knew it was real because of the "X" and decided to run it into the ground?

· Banned
1,801 Posts
me personally im thinking ray is a great talker.. and they are trying to use him to maake styles look better on his promos.. and improve in that area.. and which he ahs greatly since the fsn days when i first started watching tna

· Registered
1,667 Posts
I hope AJ just really wanted to take a break. If it was creative's idea to write him off when he's perhaps at the highest peak of his entire career, then TNA deserves to falter with Bully Ray at the helm. This was the only time I would ever say AJ Styles has shown great mic work and has found a way to grasp the crowd outside of his in-ring performances. They could've kept his and Fortune's momentum going without having to play this injury angle. I really hope TNA's creative/writers really thought this angle through and at the end, AJ Styles and Fortune becomes TNA's best stable.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Yet TNA does its best ratings when AJ isnt champ.

Peole you need to remember ALL that matters to TNA is ratings and how their inept creative team interprets them.
This is where the problem lies because we all know that Eric Bischoff is all about ratings as he showed in WCW when even whilst beating WWE in the ratings he would still try and make WWE look stupid and would talk constantly about the ratings. Throw in Vince Russo who believes that shock value and stables equal ratings on top of Hulk "i believe i am HUGE ratings" Hogan and you see that as long as TNA can get better ratings that they did before then everything is ok.

The reality is though that regardless of the ratings TNA is quite possibly the worst it has ever been since i started watching regularly in mid 2005 and it doesn't look like it is going to get better anytime soon with the top heels being Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Rob Terry and Matt Hardy and the booking being all over the place. Add to the fact that their top star and most over face in AJ Styles is about to be thrown into a feud with Bubba Ray fucking Dudley and you know that it is a long road ahead before it gets better in TNA.

As for AJ Styles being punished though i would say no because it seems quite clear that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are simply trying to keep AJ Styles busy and out of the World title scene until either No Surrender or most likely Bound For Glory. One thing i will give Eric Bischoff credit for is he understands the fact that for the biggest PPV of the year you should have the top face against the top heel for the World title which is what he did with Sting/Hogan in WCW, Michaels/Benoit/Triple H and Batista/Triple H in WWE so i expect to see Styles/A.N other at Bound For Glory for the World title.

If as i expect him to Ken Anderson turns heel soon and assumes the role of top heel in TNA and World champion then i would imagine that at No Surrender we would see a four way match between Ken Anderson, AJ Styles and another two people with Ken Anderson getting the win thus meaning the top heel will go into Bound For Glory as World champion. AJ Styles would then challenge for the World title on the biggest stage in TNA as top face and would get the win and World title thus giving TNA a real Bound For Glory moment with their biggest homegrown star in the same way as John Cena does at WrestleMania in WWE.

· Registered
4,841 Posts
Regarding this Injury angle, I noticed the "X" motion by the referee and it was filmed to blatantly be in shot. Do you think that Russo and co. saw the IWC get in a furore over Hardy, saying they knew it was real because of the "X" and decided to run it into the ground?
It was filmed so blatantly so everyone could see that there was a 'problem' it was jsut there to further sell the angle not as any shots at the IWC or anything like that.

· Registered
12,980 Posts
LOL, AJ Styles is always getting push. Sometimes I get tired of his pushes because it always leads to him returning to the same place. I would like too see someone like Robert Roode,Matt Morgan,or even another Samoa Joe push.

Aj less than two years ago, beat Sting at the biggest ppv of the year for the title, held the belt for a long period of the time with Ric Flair as his manager but look at him now?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.