Wrestling Forum banner

Is AEW becoming WWE lite?

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
His entire persona is based off of Triple H from his ego to wanting to be the center of attention, to his over the top entrance, and his politicing. These are all things Triple H is known for so yeah hes Triple H jr with less talent.
Never been a fan of Cody but he was a good amateur wrestler before turning "pro", the term "Triple H jr with less talent" is pure hate, Cody would run circles around Triple H in an actual wrestling match.
About the ego, he's justified to have one. The guy left a job he could have for life because of his family name and with good remuneration probably, to go outside and bet on himself. And what did he acomplish after a few years? He managed to find a billionaire to fund a new wrestling promotion that is actually an alternative at his old promotion and he didn't have to sleep with anyone's daughter to became a big fish.
Is he arrogant? Damn sure he is and he has all the right to be because he earned it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Never been a fan of Cody but he was a good amateur wrestler before turning "pro", the term "Triple H jr with less talent" is pure hate, Cody would run circles around Triple H in an actual wrestling match.
About the ego, he's justified to have one. The guy left a job he could have for life because of his family name and with good remuneration probably, to go outside and bet on himself. And what did he acomplish after a few years? He managed to find a billionaire to fund a new wrestling promotion that is actually an alternative at his old promotion and he didn't have to sleep with anyone's daughter to became a big fish.
Is he arrogant? Damn sure he is and he has all the right to be because he earned it.
Cody Rhodes doesn’t have the talent that Triple H had. Triple H would make Cody Rhodes look like the amateur wrestler he is. Theres a reason why he viewed the way he is and its because hes not talented. Cody Rhodes’ ego isn’t “justified” since he hasn’t proved WWE wrong. All hes done since leaving WWE is just leech off of the Bullet Club in Japan and now is leeching off of Chris Jericho and Dean Ambrose. His entire career is him leeching off of other people whether his dad, his brother, or other guys hes around. You’re right he didn’t have to “sleep with someone’s daughter” but he did have to suck up to the CEO of the company to become an EVP and politic to get his way. Sounds fimiliar? It does to me because that’s what Triple H was known for doing and Cody Rhodes is following in his footsteps.

The only difference between Triple H and Cody Rhodes is Triple H is more talented and is a bigger name. Cody Rhodes wishes he had the name value and the accomplishments that Triple H has.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Cody Rhodes doesn’t have the talent that Triple H had. Triple H would make Cody Rhodes look like the amateur wrestler he is. Theres a reason why he viewed the way he is and its because hes not talented. Cody Rhodes’ ego isn’t “justified” since he hasn’t proved WWE wrong. All hes done since leaving WWE is just leech off of the Bullet Club in Japan and now is leeching off of Chris Jericho and Dean Ambrose. His entire career is him leeching off of other people whether his dad, his brother, or other guys hes around. You’re right he didn’t have to “sleep with someone’s daughter” but he did have to suck up to the CEO of the company to become an EVP and politic to get his way. Sounds fimiliar? It does to me because that’s what Triple H was known for doing and Cody Rhodes is following in his footsteps.

The only difference between Triple H and Cody Rhodes is Triple H is more talented and is a bigger name. Cody Rhodes wishes he had the name value and the accomplishments that Triple H has.
Sure, you are so right that I don't even know why I entered in a argument with you, Triple H is very well known for his in ring talent, he's a master technician....

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Sure, you are so right that I don't even know why I entered in a argument with you, Triple H is very well known for his in ring talent, he's a master technician....
I know Im right and the facts speak for themselves. Triple H is way better wrestler period and everyone who’s been in the ring with him agrees with that statement.

·
Registered
625 Posts
But those guys were good. People need to stop comparing mega talent that was pop culture over to a bunch of modern guys all generally the same that most people dont care about and no one outside of wrestling have a clue who they are

But yes they are giving less know self made talent chances which is great. These are the guys capturing people's attention. No offense to wwe guys but being almost entirely brought up in the wwe system actually screwed them. It has tough people to not understand the main points that develop a compelling unque character
Those guys became mega stars thanks to WWE. Before that they were 'WCW rejects'

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Anyone who thinks Cody is a better worker than prime Triple H is either biased or doesn't know what a worker is.

It's not even a contest. Triple H wins very very easily.
I think it's pretty well established from the "who" responses every time a signing is hinted at that these guys don't actually watch other wrestling.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Only Cody can be classed as a WWE original. FTR and Mox were on the independents before being signed. Guess what? Chances are the best talent have been in WWE at some point since it's been a monopoly for practically two decades. This "issue" that's regurgitated on here constantly is pointless.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
How did this become about Triple H? I like Cody a lot more than most on here, but Hunter is my favorite wrestler of all time. And Cody isn’t on his level. Possibly not even the level below him.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Only Cody can be classed as a WWE original. FTR and Mox were on the independents before being signed. Guess what? Chances are the best talent have been in WWE at some point since it's been a monopoly for practically two decades. This "issue" that's regurgitated on here constantly is pointless.
So who can be counted as an AEW original then? Anthony Ogogo?

·
Registered
913 Posts
When you think about it, Cody left the WWE to become a star cause he was not getting pushed there. He's not playing second violon in the company he founded.

That is something that ultimately you cannot escape cause when you want to compete, you've got to get stars. I think it was worse in TNA because TNA you actually had guys like AJ and Joe and Roode and Storm and Desmond Wolfe and so forth who actually were ready to take the torch of this company and yet it was all about the former WWE/WCW guys for a while. I don't think AEW could actually do that right now with their homegrown other than MJF(which I think should get the TNT title first).

The main issue has been the booking which to me has been as mediocre as the WWE. Avoiding some of their mistakes but bringing their own inneptitude along the way. If AEW only used WWE guys but would have done fantastic booking, I really would not give a shit, I would be like "let's go!". Look at WCW, they had three WWF guys dominating but the nWo angle was just on another level.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Only Cody can be classed as a WWE original. FTR and Mox were on the independents before being signed. Guess what? Chances are the best talent have been in WWE at some point since it's been a monopoly for practically
two decades. This "issue" that's regurgitated on here constantly is pointless.
Ugh, I hate when people say this.

Moxley was wrestling for a hundred bucks a night doing deathmatches in CZW. That didn't make him famous, WWE did. FTR started in the NWA and as biased as I am towards the NWA they didn't make FTR famous either WWE did.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts