Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factions have been used many times to add some extra "oomph" to the power of a main eventer. Usually, the leader of a faction is a heel, but not always. Factions can be effective for both elevating and preserving the status of the leader, in the sense that an adversary must fight their way through the faction's members before reaching the leader. Tag matches and other combinations can prolong any feud.

The Undertaker is back on the shelf with another injury, even after taking the whole summer off and wrestling only sparingly since late August. Believe it or not, it's only been 9 weeks since his SummerSlam return, and he's already out of action. People speculate about him getting to WrestleMania XXVIII to face John Cena with 20-0 on the line, and I truly believe that that's WWE's plan, since the storylines don't seem to leave open much possibility of Taker/Cena this year save some incredibly stupid association of Cena with the Nexus' attack at Bragging Rights. That means that Undertaker has at least 17 months left. The question is, what's the best way to get the Undertaker through those 17 months without injuries taking their toll?

A new Undertaker faction might be the answer. Yes, he's a face, and I don't see a heel turn coming between now and Taker's retirement. However, a faction could shield The Undertaker from having to wrestle on a regular basis, and could have the added benefit of elevating everyone else in the group.

My question is, do you think The Undertaker could work in his current incarnation with the support of a faction? If so, whom would you put in the group?

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
I don't know, there's really no one in the roster who could fit the bill for an Undertaker faction, assuming it's going to be like the Minstry. But even if it wasn't going to be a reincarnation, I just don't see Taker starting a faction, he's a loner now.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I like the idea of him leading a faction, too bad that WWE don't have many dark characters anymore, maybe Eli Cottonwood but i don't like him and he's not worth pushing anymore at this stage. I think he will stay as a lone wolf for the rest of his career.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, like the others I don't really see it happening.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I don't know, it doesn't need to be a ministy faction, it could simply be Undertaker and a tag team. It doesn't need to be 5 + members, just anything to keep taker on TV whilst not wrestling.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
The Undertaker is a loner he wouldn't lead a faction at this stage. It most likely would be a Ministry v2.0 so no thanks.

Porspekt's March said:
I like the idea of him leading a faction, too bad that WWE don't have many dark characters anymore, maybe Eli Cottonwood but i don't like him and he's not worth pushing anymore at this stage. I think he will stay as a lone wolf for the rest of his career.
I could see Tyler Reks in a Ministry type of faction :hmm:

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could see Tyler Reks in a Ministry type of faction :hmm:
Actually, that's a good point! No reason Tyler Reks wouldn't work in such a faction. For that matter, there's no reason Luke Gallows couldn't be recommissioned for such a faction either.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
He could have a Bikers Stable

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
This would only work if he came back with his ABA gimmick. The leader of a faction, imo, needs to cut promos and order his team around.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
He doesn't need a faction, just get him through WM27, then I would let Undertaker have the entire year off coming back early 2012 setting up the match with Cena, Taker isn't needed during the year there are a bunch of guys that could step up given the push.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Faction? I don't think so, But I could see him saying that 'The Urn has taken my power' and Undertaker having an Apprentice of sorts, ala 'Taker 2, (Obviously not with that name!) and have him defeat Kane for him, then the apprentice turns on his Master, not giving the Urn back to Taker, meaning UT still has no powers. Somehow, UT gets his urn back, and challenges his Prodige at WM.

·
14,501 Posts
I can't see Undertaker leading a faction as a face, unless it was made to fight a heel faction.

The only way I can see this working, is if a few superstars saved him after he was buried at Bragging Rights and want to help him fight off the Nexus. But then after that happens, I couldn't see the faction sticking around.

·
Premium Member
11,837 Posts
I think this will happen...

In the time that Taker is out, Paul Bearer turns on Kane. Taker then returns months after being buried, and claims that a new darkness will cloud over the WWE, whilst Bearer nods along. This will also be when Taker admits to being the one who burned down the home killing his parents.

:side:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
ABA Taker would work with a biker faction. I'd pick Luke Gallows, Drew McIntyre, Vance Archer, and Beth Phoenix.

McIntyre needs to turn face, and needs something huge to ever get him over. Plus the guy needs a better gimmick and looks tough, and this could fit him. Might help Gallows or Archer develop into something similar to the APA -- as close as you can get these days. Beth Phoenix could fill the biker girl role well, which could help her shed that lame glamazon gimmick.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ABA Taker would work with a biker faction. I'd pick Luke Gallows, Drew McIntyre, Vance Archer, and Beth Phoenix.
I like that list, but only if WWE worked hard to ensure that at least one of them was better off after the faction ended. The one problem I have with the Ministry of Darkness is that none of the guys came out of the group looking any better than when they started.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts