Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few people mention that they think he will turn heel at Mania. Is it even possible? You look at the heel turns from past Manias, there hasnt been too many, but you had HHH at Mania 15 he was loved earlier in the night but then turning on X-Pac started it all for him. Austin turned at 17 by shaking Vince's hand. But how could Cena turn heel when he will go into the match as the one the fans boo?

I suppose if HHH is a major heel by then you could have something at the end, but Cena isnt over enough with EVERYONE to be able to just turn heel without some major angle/incident

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
I've seen a few people mention that they think he will turn heel at Mania. Is it even possible? You look at the heel turns from past Manias, there hasnt been too many, but you had HHH at Mania 15 he was loved earlier in the night but then turning on X-Pac started it all for him. Austin turned at 17 by shaking Vince's hand. But how could Cena turn heel when he will go into the match as the one the fans boo?

I suppose if HHH is a major heel by then you could have something at the end, but Cena isnt over enough with EVERYONE to be able to just turn heel without some major angle/incident
umm.. what?

Cena is over with 60+% of the WWE audience, the other 40% think he is stale.

If Cena turns heel, 60+% would be booing him, the other 40% would be booing him (but be happy at the same time) much like myself.

·
Registered
363 Posts

You think Cena isn't over because some guys boo him. How in the hell turning him heel will put him over when kids will start booing him? With your logic he will never be over. That means your definition of being over is wrong. Cena is already over. He is booked to stir emotion and his matches gets HUUUUGE reaction every night, it doesn't matter who his opponent is. You will always hear everyone participating in "Lets go Cena, Cena sucks".

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok when i said not over, i meant in that he gets mixed reactions all the time. I am not disputing he is still a face or cheered by many, the question was more can they make him a fully fledged heel at Mania? Is there a way of something happening which makes everyone go "holy shit Cena just turned heel"

·
Registered
363 Posts
If Cena cheats to win at Mania, grabs mic and say "It is time to give IWC what they want!" and ambush rock then I think everyone will go "Holyshit"

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I still think Cena is turning heel at survivor series. He and Rock are teaming, it'd be the perfect setup.

Rock & Cena the final two on their team, against say 3, 4 or even 5 of the other team. Rock is in trouble, and Cena abandons him, possibly even giving him an AA before he walks away.

There will be no better opportunity to turn Cena heel than this in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
The perfect opportunity is Mania especially on a big stage, on the stage of the year, and it would solidify Cena more as a heel because Austin turned heel at Mania, and then the next night on RAW got the biggest heat of all in the company, the same effect can happen with Cena after let's say he loses to the Rock but that he snaps after the match and he continues to punish Rock and then cuts a promo on it seriously happy about what he has done

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,747 Posts
I think Wrestlemania will be the beginning of his heel turn, not the full turn. I am 99% sure he will go over The Rock at at WM and this wll get him boo'd which will lead to Cena feeling the fans turned on him totally and will begin his "heel" turn.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I think Wrestlemania will be the beginning of his heel turn, not the full turn. I am 99% sure he will go over The Rock at at WM and this wll get him boo'd which will lead to Cena feeling the fans turned on him totally and will begin his "heel" turn.
Now I can see your point for sure, and I have come to a realization that you're right

·
Registered
572 Posts
It will be interesting to see what Rock's involvement in the power struggle angle will be. I could easily see it running till 'Mania and resulting in a Cena heel turn against the Rock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts