Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone miss the Iron Man match? I when one was last on tv in the WWWE but i would love to see another one.. Who would people love to see compeate in an Iron Man match from who is on the roaster today?.

Sheamus vs Morrison- If they had a full blown feud with a bigger build up i think an Iron Match with these two would be brilliant

Taker vs HBK - One iron man match i would have loved to see if HBK was still on the roaster.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Strange enough, I was just about to create the same thread. I miss Iron Man Matches too and just watched one today (A 1 hour IMM between The Rock and HHH from the good old days)

Does anyone know why we don't have any of these any longer?

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Bryan vs Regal. Even if it took up an entire Superstars episode and was given a 45 minute time limit. It's by no means a realistic idea for a match, but its certainly the one I'd most like to see given the current roster.

EDIT- I think its a match they're actually trying not to overuse, and keeping it as a big feud match, like Cena vs Orton last year. It's also a difficult match to keep people interested in, mainstream audiences don't want to see a 60 minute match too often. Thats my guess at why we see few of them.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Cena-Orton ironman match happened last year didn't it.....

Once a year is good enough.

Though if WWE was ever gonna do another one, they should do a fatal 4 way ironman match or something.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Bryan vs Regal. Even if it took up an entire Superstars episode and was given a 45 minute time limit. It's by no means a realistic idea for a match, but its certainly the one I'd most like to see given the current roster.

EDIT- I think its a match they're actually trying not to overuse, and keeping it as a big feud match, like Cena vs Orton last year. It's also a difficult match to keep people interested in, mainstream audiences don't want to see a 60 minute match too often. Thats my guess at why we see few of them.
All of this. You're absolutely right.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
Don't worry, next year we'll see the addition of a new pay-per-view.

WWE Iron Man.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I love the Iron man match so much. It's definatley my favorite.

I marked out so bad last year when it was announced even though I'm not a huge Cena or Orton fan I was acting like a kid on a suger rush.

I think it needs to be kept a "fued ending" match though, I would hateto see it Basterdised like the Hell in a Cell, as long as we got one every couple of years I'd be happy.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Does anyone miss the Iron Man match? I when one was last on tv in the WWWE but i would love to see another one.. Who would people love to see compeate in an Iron Man match from who is on the roaster today?.

Sheamus vs Morrison- If they had a full blown feud with a bigger build up i think an Iron Match with these two would be brilliant

Taker vs HBK - One iron man match i would have loved to see if HBK was still on the roaster.
Neither Sheamus nor Taker could pull off an Iron Man Match. Did you see Sheamus this Monday night during the KotR? He was completely winded in the finals, and he had only wrestled one short match at that point! I was really surprised, and even disappointed. But yeah, no way he could last in an Iron Man Match. And Taker's too old at this point. He has not looked good at all.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Neither Sheamus nor Taker could pull off an Iron Man Match. Did you see Sheamus this Monday night during the KotR? He was completely winded in the finals, and he had only wrestled one short match at that point! I was really surprised, and even disappointed. But yeah, no way he could last in an Iron Man Match. And Taker's too old at this point. He has not looked good at all.
This. Sheamus looked very fatigued during his match with Morrison.Taker can bearly walk these days ,nevermind pull of an hour long match.Shawn's probably not in any condition to pull one off either.

My personal dream iron man matchs would be Punk vs Bryan and Bryan vs .These all excell in long matches and the iron man concept would suit them perfect ,more so Punk vs Bryan.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm not a fan of iron man matches or hour long matches in general I get bored when I watch them

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
It'd only work in ROH or the indys somewhere. If it was in TNA you'd have to have it be Angle/Styles or something like that. In WWE there's almost nobody that can have a good one unless there's no dq's falls count anywhere sorta rules in it where they can hit lots of tables spots and fight in the parking lot/backstage a bit in it.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Why can i see Iron-Man being the next PPV Gimmick for the WWE to use?

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Strange enough, I was just about to create the same thread. I miss Iron Man Matches too and just watched one today (A 1 hour IMM between The Rock and HHH from the good old days)

Does anyone know why we don't have any of these any longer?
IMO that was a terrible iron amn match.

Anyway Kaval vs Ziggler or Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan should be a good Iron Man Match

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
I'd like to see a traditional Iron Man match again. The Rock/Triple H was fantastic and I think the best Iron Man match that has happened. They controlled the pacing and direction of the match while telling a great story. A match like that is great when done right.

Now Cena/Orton was indeed an Iron Man but it had the anything goes stipulation and wasn't anywhere the match quality of The Rock/Triple H from Judgment Day 2000. You could tell the stipulation was added because both men wouldn't know how to control the match for an hour so they needed the gimmicks/spots. While a good match, it had some serious flaws.

I do want to see something like Triple H/Rock again but I don't think we have the main event talent that could do it right now.

Sheamus, Miz, Swagger are nowhere good enough to do it. Sheamus hasn't even had one great match while feuding with Triple H and Cena (both men who should give you a great match). Miz is decent at best. And Swagger needs the right opponent and has a lot to learn yet (but he's better than both Sheamus/Miz in the ring).

Orton, while a good wrestler, doesn't have the talent to pull it off without a gimmick attached. He can hardly go a twenty minute match without resorting to the same things and methods. He'd probably be an absolute bore if the match was an hour.

Cena can go (we saw it with Shawn Michaels) but he needs an opponent with great chemistry. Triple H could be that guy (they share great chemistry) but he's too old and wouldn't be able to do it. Aside from that, no one has that kind of chemistry with him except the now retired Shawn Michaels.

Edge is broken down and never would have been able to do it anyway.

Rey Mysterio was a good option but again, he's broken down and it'd be detrimental to him.

CM Punk and Jericho are the only two people I could see, alongside Cena, who could go the full hour and put on a good match. But they need the right opponent.

I think Cena/Jericho have shown they have great chemistry together and could go an hour potentially, making it good. But what about CM Punk/Cena? Or CM Punk/Jericho? Haven't seen those matches happen much at all so can't really predict it. We'd have to see the chemistry between them.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
At the moment I can't see any of the current main eventers pulling off a great Iron Man match, last years was horrible.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Daniel Bryan VS Evan Bourne for the US Championship.

Of course the WWE would never do anything that awesome, but one can dream..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts