Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Minority share owner of the Green Bay Packers
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a hell of a time with my iPod and just curious if anyone can help. I have an iPod Touch that I have had issues restoring in the past, but now it has just hit a wall and will not restore. Well at least not on my home computer.

I am running Windows 7 and have updated iTunes. I had put some new music into iTunes and wanted it on my iPod and when I plugged it in, it crashed and needed to be restored. This has happened before and I have always been able to restore it, even if it took a few times. But now it just will not restore. I have restarted the computer, iTunes, did the home+sleep button short cut on the iPod and nothing is working. It either tells me it cannot restore due to an unknown error or will be in the middle of restoring and just stop and go nowhere.

I was able to restore it to factory by downloading iTunes on my work computer and plugging it in, but even then it took quite a while. As soon as I hooked it into my PC it started to sync and restore but then said that it could not sync because disc is not there, or it was an "unknown reason." I have Googled it and have tried just about every trick I could find.

Any help is appreciated. Don't really want to uninstall and reinstall iTunes because of all the music and play lists that took forever to create.

·
Men of Mayhem
7,330 Posts
Besides the jailbreak scenario, there is probably a good chance your PC isn't recognizing it for what it is, or the device itself has software malfunction.

If you did jailbreak it, it is probably simply a format recognition issue.

Oh, and as I also have an iPod Touch and iPad I sync almost daily I should let you know they did recently release an update for the Touch.

·
Minority share owner of the Green Bay Packers
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have not even attempted to jailbreak it, never had any real need to. I do know that there is a software update for it, but it won't restore to update. A majority of the time when attempting to restore it, it just STOPS. It doesn't restore, it doesn't tell me it can't restore, it just stops as if iTunes is not responding. The progress bar in iTunes and on the iPod just stop and do nothing. I can do anything else I want with iTunes (only did that to see if the program was responsive) but the restore goes nowhere. I have even left it plugged in all day and nothing. When it does give me an error code it is almost always 1603. Most recent attempt was code 1611.

Thanks for any help.

·
Men of Mayhem
7,330 Posts
I have not even attempted to jailbreak it, never had any real need to. I do know that there is a software update for it, but it won't restore to update. A majority of the time when attempting to restore it, it just STOPS. It doesn't restore, it doesn't tell me it can't restore, it just stops as if iTunes is not responding. The progress bar in iTunes and on the iPod just stop and do nothing. I can do anything else I want with iTunes (only did that to see if the program was responsive) but the restore goes nowhere. I have even left it plugged in all day and nothing. When it does give me an error code it is almost always 1603. Most recent attempt was code 1611.

Thanks for any help.
Get in touch with consumer services, most likely they will send you an upgraded one and the only expense is shipping it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts