Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

This is my first GFX post. This is a prototype of what an EWR-like sim game could look like on an iphone.

This is just a concept. I am not a graphic artist, this is why sometimes things don't always look the same; for obvious reasons I know real-life people can't be used; but it was just something I cooked up as an example.

Profile screen:

Profile screen version 2:

* Entourage is where you assign a superstar a manager/valet, tag-team, or stable.

Detailed skills screen:

Contract screen:

Your thoughts would be welcome.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, its the main body (or meat and potatoes) rather than the whole phone interface, I figure most of the more complex stuff would be done through action sheets via an Action button on the tab bar.

The idea of the incentives packages comes from various places, one being that I once read somewhere that Triple H apparently gets to use the private jet and gets ground transportation; whilst the other was ideas from NCCA Football 11 where you can pitch signing ideas from everything from athletic facilities to fan base -- this got me thinking, what would a wrestler's incentive packages look like, obviously a high-profile wrestler is going to want Title shots, flights, ground transportation, basic food & drink as well as Merchandise right through to a fixed % PPV revenue.

The problem I'm having is getting the concept to reality, which is a mountainful of stuff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, really like the incentive add on, really adds to the realism. So do you have the intention of actually making this simulator at some time, or are you just making designs?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A bit of both at the moment SCSA101, my Moleskine is choke full of ideas on designs, notes, wireframe diagrams. I've done lots of research on lots of other games' franchise modes, read lots of idea forums, looked really hard at what made EWR good (its simplicity) and just gone from there.

I don't actually like TEW, its too complex, the interface is horrible and there's too much information.

I'd love to turn this into some sort of game, either a Facebook or mobile app; but there's so much to it that I haven't even addressed -- how to schedule booking cards, financial graphing, whether to have computer opponents or make it so that you can compete with your friends.

Then there's the whole publishing to Twitter/Facebook; I have no idea if it should, or shouldn't do that. In NCAA Football 11 (and other similar games) there is something called Online Dynasty and whilst it'd be great to have the "Be the Booker" in an actual game where you write storylines, write reports, that get published somewhere (probably an Amazon web server); I have no actual idea what it should do, or how to deliver it.

So in answer to your question; is this an actual workflow for a game, or just designs -- right now, it's just a concept, ideas, designs; to program it is going to take a team of developers, UI/UX designers...

If I can get the small pieces figured out (like how to do SQLite, how to do financial graphing, how to do scheduling of events/cards, etc), there could be a possibility, right now its like 10% chance.

Also, it could easily be taken out if Smackdown vs Raw 2011 has an online GM mode, which is something I suspect it will have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts