Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
New "Dark Io" out-bullies the bully. It'd be easy enough to write. The Io that Shayna beat wasn't giving people brainbusters onto steel chairs. Well this Io is, and Shayna isn't prepared for how vicious and psychotic Io has become.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I been paying attention on what Triple H has been doing to NXT which is why I don't watch the TV episodes. It's a waste of time. I know what he is going to do. He is going to make Shayna the longest champion in the history books for NXT. Sorry but I am being real here.

And if she does drop the title soon, then what? Call up without a hype package, vignettes of her coming on the main roster like they did with Kairi Sane, Ember Moon last year. Triple H knows that will happen and he doesn't want to see it happen again.

How many times have we played that Shayna is dropping this belt at this Takeover? Plenty of them and what happens? She retains the title. I stopped with all of that and shrug it off. Triple H only cares about the MMA woman on NXT and hell with the rest.
Finally some truth. Great analysis. I agree 100%

·
Custom User Title
6,443 Posts
Well if WWE Japan is any indication, it seems like Io Shirai is next in line for a title shot. They tweeted out a backstage interview where she talked about beating Candice, and that whoever is champion (it was recorded before the NXT womens title match but uploaded last night) better watch out because she is coming for them.

And she also quoted the tweet late last night, saying its time for some payback.

I think if they go this route, Io will still be a heel, but one who is indiscriminate. I mean a couple of nights ago she left Bianca Belair to her fate in their tag match.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,561 Posts
Well if WWE Japan is any indication, it seems like Io Shirai is next in line for a title shot. They tweeted out a backstage interview where she talked about beating Candice, and that whoever is champion (it was recorded before the NXT womens title match but uploaded last night) better watch out because she is coming for them.

And she also quoted the tweet late last night, saying its time for some payback.

I think if they go this route, Io will still be a heel, but one who is indiscriminate. I mean a couple of nights ago she left Bianca Belair to her fate in their tag match.
Oh Great they will feed her to Shayna for the third time just as she's finally regaining momentum?

Shayna is not losing to anyone. she's either vacating the title or holding it till she breaks Asuka's record.

·
Custom User Title
6,443 Posts
People seem to be forgetting about the Asuka record thing that WWE only counts the ongoing reign towards a record, right? They have never counted combined days towards a record like Asuka's.

And Shayna is still 250 days or so away from beating Asuka's record. Combine that with Triple H outright saying that this new Io is the most dangerous woman in NXT right now, yeah.

·
Custom User Title
6,443 Posts
They'll count that record if they want to. Boring nepotism bitch will break Asuka's record for combined days as champion in November. I'm not sure if she needs to make it through the next TakeOver to do so.
She would need to make it through it. And WWE has NEVER acknowledged Shayna's combined days as champ as counting towards the record. It was entirely started by some people online who are freaking out. Same goes for any other champ and combined reigns as well.

WWE doesn't care about combined days as champ when it comes to breaking length records. They only count days towards a single reign.

·
Asuka
96,544 Posts
People seem to be forgetting about the Asuka record thing that WWE only counts the ongoing reign towards a record, right? They have never counted combined days towards a record like Asuka's.

And Shayna is still 250 days or so away from beating Asuka's record. Combine that with Triple H outright saying that this new Io is the most dangerous woman in NXT right now, yeah.
Who says people are forgetting it's one reign? I think she's holding it another 235 days.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Heel vs Heel is fine given that they have history and the story writes itself. Crowd will cheer for Io anyways. I don't 100% love the triple threat idea as its better if Baszler loses 1v1, but that could work too.

With all this talk of Asuka's record...I mean, is Asuka really doing anything on the main roster atm? Have her pop on down, dethrone Baszler to defend her record, then lose to Io. Ok ok its a bad idea, don't shoot me

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Ya it's going to have to be a 3 way or 4 way or something match because Shayna is...still...champion.

I agree though. Get the damn belt off Shayna already. Don't even really care who at this point.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I made a thread on this and a lot you said booking heel vs heel is hard to pull but im telling you heel Io vs heel Shanya is possible to pull off.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Io is currently my favourite female in the whole company right now, i'm loving the heel turn and i'd love to see her become NXT Women's Champion.

Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match
Shayna Baszler Vs Io Shirai Vs. Candice LaRae Vs. Bianca Belair

·
Registered
23,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Io should've won it at the last Takeover :draper2
I get that mindset, but if she does win the belt at Takeover 25, what motivation does she have to turn heel afterwards?

As frustrating as it is with Shayna being champion, the moment she lost that match at Takeover 25, they planted those seeds of a heel turn.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I get that mindset, but if she does win the belt at Takeover 25, what motivation does she have to turn heel afterwards?

As frustrating as it is with Shayna being champion, the moment she lost that match at Takeover 25, they planted those seeds of a heel turn.
She wouldn't have needed to turn heel then right away, you get another Takeover period for a rematch with Shayna, where Candice could've screwed up something and Io could've turned heel on Candice then as Champ. Now they are stuck with a heel champ and their best option as a challenger being someone they just flipped heel.

·
Registered
23,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
She wouldn't have needed to turn heel then right away, you get another Takeover period for a rematch with Shayna, where Candice could've screwed up something and Io could've turned heel on Candice then as Champ. Now they are stuck with a heel champ and their best option as a challenger being someone they just flipped heel.
You see I don't really agree with that because, again if Io wins at Takeover 25 with Candice's help most likely, what motivation does she have to turn?

She has the belt. She won the title with help from a friend. At that point, she's won. She has everything she believes she wants.

What caused the heel turn was the failure. And Candice, despite doing nothing wrong, was the person to blame in Io's eyes. I don't think you could turn Io (or least make good sense of it) if she's already champion.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
You see I don't really agree with that because, again if Io wins at Takeover 25 with Candice's help most likely, what motivation does she have to turn?

She has the belt. She won the title with help from a friend. At that point, she's won. She has everything she believes she wants.

What caused the heel turn was the failure. And Candice, despite doing nothing wrong, was the person to blame in Io's eyes. I don't think you could turn Io (or least make good sense of it) if she's already champion.
To me its a pretty easy heel turn to write, Io's the champ now so she starts getting cocky and thinking she doesn't need friends and the success is more important than friends, etc etc.

Its a different story, but it works, to me anyways. It all really depends though on who the next challenger for Shayna ends up being, and how that goes.

I like the Io heel turn, so I'm definitely not arguing against it, but its just kind of left a hole in the NXT women's division for title contenders currently.

·
Custom User Title
6,443 Posts
There are only two "credible" challengers at the moment, and that's stretching it because they have the same problem (if not worse) that Mia Yim has. Dakota Kai and Tegan Nox. One of whom was the absolute biggest geek on NXT for 1.5 years before she was injured in Dakota Kai, and Tegan Nox who has been injured for 95% of her WWE career, and was being rejected by audiences during the MYC II before her injury.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts