Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
24,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 crushing defeats to Shayna, Io turned heel and long story short, it's the best thing that could have happened to her. She is a star as a heel, as evidenced by her match tonight with Candice.

Shayna, while I've enjoyed her, her time needs to be done soon. And this isn't a knee jerk reaction to the awful Mia match. I put more of that on Mia. She's had a longer run than any NXT woman in history besides Asuka. You have a new star in Io. You need to run with her.

But how do you get there? Do you have heel Io beat heel Shayna? Seems kind of weird, though it could work. Do you throw another woman in there for a 3 Way just to eat a pin? Maybe. Or do you have some babyface finally beat Shayna and then have Io beat her?

In a perfect world, if she can get healthy, I have Dakota Kai come back and beat Shayna for the title which would be a nice conclusion to the story they told over a year ago where Shayna bullied Dakota. And then Io beats Dakota.

And yes, before I'm hit with a wave of negativity, I'm fully aware that Io may never hold that thing because for whatever reason it has to stay on Shayna. But in terms of what you would do, what do you want to see happen?

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,044 Posts
Do a ladder match with Shayna, Mia, Bianca, Candice & Io :shrug

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,554 Posts
They are not going to take the title off of Shayna until it's Royal Rumble weekend time. Io would be a good candidate. But for some strange feeling I see Dakota Kai being the one to dethrone Shayna.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Just do a battle of the brutes. It can be a TV match. Io's new attitude can give her the edge she needs to beat Shayna. Maybe have Shayna sell an injury or something so we can explain her being caught by Io and allowing some sympathy and protection of the mystique there.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,440 Posts
I'd like to see Io flatten Shayna in a relatively short but physical match. No goons interfering and no drawn out limb work. Ditch the usual formula and do something fresh. Just two people ferociously trying to end each other and going 100% right out of the gate.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
That Candice/Io match was MOTN for me, it should have had a championship attached because it was by far the match everyone wanted to see. This Shayna shit has been a poison to the women's division. That title needs to be off her immediately.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,271 Posts
They are not going to take the title off of Shayna until it's Royal Rumble weekend time. Io would be a good candidate. But for some strange feeling I see Dakota Kai being the one to dethrone Shayna.
Do you think they're really going to give this division killer another 180 days? Why? Baszler stinks.

Just get there as quickly as possible, enough already.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,554 Posts
Do you think they're really going to give this division killer another 180 days? Why? Baszler stinks.

Just get there as quickly as possible, enough already.
I been paying attention on what Triple H has been doing to NXT which is why I don't watch the TV episodes. It's a waste of time. I know what he is going to do. He is going to make Shayna the longest champion in the history books for NXT. Sorry but I am being real here.

And if she does drop the title soon, then what? Call up without a hype package, vignettes of her coming on the main roster like they did with Kairi Sane, Ember Moon last year. Triple H knows that will happen and he doesn't want to see it happen again.

How many times have we played that Shayna is dropping this belt at this Takeover? Plenty of them and what happens? She retains the title. I stopped with all of that and shrug it off. Triple H only cares about the MMA woman on NXT and hell with the rest.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Io is the best thing happenning in NXT in the last months and unlike other women/men from Japan she actually can speak some English.
The creative team must have watched some of her time in Lucha Underground, this character is for sure inspired from her Triade character. She should be on the main roster and Asuka and Kairi be her sidekicks

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just please keep Mia Tim far away. She absolutely sucks l, looks like she wrestles in mud. She proved she doesn't belong last night

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Just have her flatten Shayna at the earliest possible opportunity. Who cares about the heel/face dynamic? Shayna has go away heat that she's going to be the heel no matter what she does, if she even gets anything other than total apathy at this point. After last night especially it's crystal clear fans are beyond done with her boring reign. Do it now. Forget waiting.

Of course, that won't happen. Boring nepotism bitch is going to keep carrying that title and leaking radiation on that post-nuclear wasteland called the NXT women's division until she gets injured or those two other boring nepotism bitches improve enough to get called up, which will be never.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Io is the best thing happenning in NXT in the last months and unlike other women/men from Japan she actually can speak some English.
The creative team must have watched some of her time in Lucha Underground, this character is for sure inspired from her Triade character. She should be on the main roster and Asuka and Kairi be her sidekicks
What? Last I heard her speak she's the worst in her mastery of English out of the Japanese wrestlets albeit that's only because she's been here the shortest.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I wouldnt put it on Io ever. She's been underwhelming since she got to NXT. I'd put it on Candice and go from there. Candice just gave Io her best match in NXT. And Io has had what 3 or 4 title matches already?

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
What? Last I heard her speak she's the worst in her mastery of English out of the Japanese wrestlets albeit that's only because she's been here the shortest.
Every time some Japanese wrestler speaks 1 sentence of decent english people say "they can speak english!"

Like, no. And there's a difference between being able to speak 1 or 2 sentences in english and doing a 15 minute long promo.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I wouldnt put it on Io ever. She's been underwhelming since she got to NXT. I'd put it on Candice and go from there. Candice just gave Io her best match in NXT. And Io has had what 3 or 4 title matches already?
LOL

You clearly didn't see Candice previous matches in NXT XD

1 - 20 of 58 Posts