Wrestling Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1377 Posts

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
I don't see Becky and Ronda going to SD.

Maybe one of them but two seems like too much.
It all depends on when they want to run the rematch. If they want to run it sooner, they'll put them on the same brand. If they want to hold off until next year, then maybe separate them.

I don't think Ronda is ever coming back as a full timer anyway. I expect to see Becky back first, and then Ronda closer to when they want to do the rematch.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Even if she retains at WM, I don't expect Asuka to get past MITB. She'll either be beaten by Ripley or get cashed in on, those are the two likeliest scenarios. I don't foresee a cash-in scenario on either Sasha or Bianca.

I don't think Io will win a main roster title until crowds are fully back.
I think whoever wins the women's MITB this year is going to hold on to it for a while. Alexa and Bayley cashed in immediately and Asuka was rewarded the title the day after.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
I think whoever wins the women's MITB this year is going to hold on to it for a while. Alexa and Bayley cashed in immediately and Asuka was rewarded the title the day after.
I tentatively have Charlotte winning and cashing in either at MITB or later in the summer. There's no one else out there I can think of that has a serious shot at winning the case. Maybe Rhea if she fails at WM.

·
Registered
27,363 Posts
I think there's a good chance she'll stay on NXT. They could get one more match with her and Raquel, hopefully one that won't get cut for time this time. And she could form a tag team, with someone like Zoey for example, to chase the tag belts.

If she goes to the main roster? Eh, who knows really. It always baffles me the things Vince like and doesn't like. He seems to "like" Asuka enough to count on her in spots where the bigger names were busy. I have no idea what he'll think of Io when she's eventually on Raw or SD.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
The longer Io stays on NXT after dropping the title, the more she starts going into Cole/Gargano/Ciampa territory of NXT people who have long overstayed their welcome, and people Vince clearly doesn't want. I think Io deserves a shot, however slim, or greater success and exposure. It's too bad the main roster is so shitty.

·
Registered
27,363 Posts
Wouldn't shock me if we don't see Io at all on any of the shows this week. My guess is that she'll still be in NXT for a bit longer. She'll work with Raquel again and then maybe do the tag thing.

·
Custom User Title
6,866 Posts
Wouldn't shock me if we don't see Io at all on any of the shows this week. My guess is that she'll still be in NXT for a bit longer. She'll work with Raquel again and then maybe do the tag thing.
She's all over the advertising for NXT this Tuesday. Not sure if she'll actually show up, but its pretty clear they see her as more marketable than Raquel.

·
Custom User Title
6,866 Posts
Or she'll go to the main roster so she can job to Bianca or Rhea.
Well you won't have to worry about that, at least for tonight. She is still in Orlando, as the gym she works out at just posted a video of her there like an hour or two ago.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
If Io were getting called up we would hear something to that effect already. I suspect she'll be down there a little longer, maybe even a lot longer. At some point some woman is going to get the Gargano/Ciampa/Cole treatment of being this fantastic female worker that the main roster doesn't want. And be stuck in NXT forever... will it be Io? Who knows.

Just as Bryan made Vince get tired of "indy midgets", maybe Vince will be tired of Joshi after Asuka and not want to think about dealing with another one anymore.

·
NBA
6,484 Posts
Just as Bryan made Vince get tired of "indy midgets", maybe Vince will be tired of Joshi after Asuka and not want to think about dealing with another one anymore.
What?

Snyway, Io should go to SEAdLINNNG. Nanae would push the shit out of her right out of the gate.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
What?

Snyway, Io should go to SEAdLINNNG. Nanae would push the shit out of her right out of the gate.
yeah, aside from Bryan and AJ the main roster really doesn't have a lot of "vanilla midgets" of the indy variety. At least in prominently pushed roles. That tells me that 1 or 2 of them on the main roster is more than enough for Vince, and his experience with Bryan and Punk likely made him not want to deal with any more fan pressure to push some indy dude he doesn't see as a top guy. He probably looks at guys like Gargano, Ciampa and Cole and thinks "nah I'm good."

We've seen how they book Asuka while pinching their noses. I don't imagine they'd like booking another Joshi and have to go through the same thing with another one and the complaining they'd get on a daily basis on how they're not using Io right and "give her a long reign" and so on.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
You're kidding, right?
I get that she's someone who deserves more eyes on her but if you take that thought out of the equation, her best work was still and always will be in Stardom.

WWE ain't all that aside from its reach and popularity. It's much more restrictive in so many ways.

It's like that indie band who has all the creative freedom and inventiveness when they were a cult band but when they hit mainstream they started putting out defanged versions of their past work. Still good, but just not the same.

·
NBA
6,484 Posts
You're kidding, right?
Not right now, but maybe in 3 years once she's managed to steal a couple world title runs...

Would you rather have her spend her post prime (by then she'd be in her mid to late 30s) having to play second fiddle to the horsewomen or go back to Japan where she would be treated as a legend and having proper programs with build amd gokd matches against people like Hashimoto, Nakajima, Yoshiko or Veny?

1341 - 1360 of 1377 Posts