Wrestling Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1372 Posts

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,711 Posts
Really good match! definitely better then I expected.

I knew Raquel would win the title so no shock here. the real question is will Io stick with NXT or will she come to the main roster next week?

·
Custom User Title
6,835 Posts
I don't think it really matters. I don't see her becoming champ on either show.
I think she stands a better chance of becoming champ on Smackdown rather than RAW. At least Sasha and Bayley have been incredibly vocal about how much they want to put her over.

And Bianca isn't destined to be a long term champ either if she wins at Mania. There are like...zero credible women on Smackdown right now outside of Sasha and Bayley and whoops Bianca already beat them.

I guess they could have Becky or Ronda return, but I feel like both will end up on RAW. Ronda might end up on Smackdown, but she'll likely be gone again before the end of the year considering she can't handle being booed and we all know that was the real reason she left the first time.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,947 Posts
i would be in no rush to bump her up to the poorly-booked raw or SD! roster. rhea didnt get called up straight away either.

·
Custom User Title
6,835 Posts
i would be in no rush to bump her up to the poorly-booked raw or SD! roster. rhea didnt get called up straight away either.
I think the problem is that as long as she's in NXT, people will still be more interested in her than Raquel. The viewership numbers showed that people really only tuned in to see Finn and Io. Everyone else was varying levels of meh to ratings poison (Thatcher being the biggest example).

I also think with her getting the traditional ovation last night that most sendoffs get, she's main roster bound. Triple H claims that people need to stop assuming that just because someone has a "minor setback" that it means that they are getting called up. But he's also a notorious liar about that kind of stuff.

As for Rhea, she spent time drifting between NXT and RAW because they had nowhere to insert her, but she outright mentioned after she lost to Io, she was originally supposed to debut on the main roster soon after, but then plans changed.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I can only hope she is seen like a replacement for Asuka and Asuka beats Ripley at WM.
I also don't want Io to continue in NXT, anything other than being the champion is beneath her.
Any idea if they sign new contracts when they go to Raw or SD? And if that's the case is there some standard length for the contract?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think she stands a better chance of becoming champ on Smackdown rather than RAW. At least Sasha and Bayley have been incredibly vocal about how much they want to put her over.

And Bianca isn't destined to be a long term champ either if she wins at Mania. There are like...zero credible women on Smackdown right now outside of Sasha and Bayley and whoops Bianca already beat them.

I guess they could have Becky or Ronda return, but I feel like both will end up on RAW. Ronda might end up on Smackdown, but she'll likely be gone again before the end of the year considering she can't handle being booed and we all know that was the real reason she left the first time.
It doesn't matter how much Bayley and Sasha like her because Vince is the one in charge, and he doesn't have a great track record when it comes to pushing non-native english speakers. Asuka is the exception and not the norm when it comes to that. Also, there's a good chance Becky and/or Ronda end up on SD because Fox will want them.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I want Io to get called up and face Asuka for the Raw title and be the one to beat Asuka for it. And I say that as a big Asuka fan. Io is finally somebody that is a worthy challenger.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I want Io to get called up and face Asuka for the Raw title and be the one to beat Asuka for it. And I say that as a big Asuka fan. Io is finally somebody that is a worthy challenger.
That would be cool but I don't think that's happening. I don't think Asuka will even be champ after WM.

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
If she's getting called up i'm hoping for her sake that she lands on SD not RAW.
SD isn't a cure-all for WWE's bad booking. The whole "SD >>>> RAW" thing has increasingly looked like a myth.

That being said, I'd rather her NOT be paired with Asuka like Kairi was

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,711 Posts
SD isn't a cure-all for WWE's bad booking. The whole "SD >>>> RAW" thing has increasingly looked like a myth.

That being said, I'd rather her NOT be paired with Asuka like Kairi was
I'm not saying SD is great or anything (it's way more watchable then RAW on avarage though)

But as you said if she debuted on RAW the chances of her being thrown in a random tag team with Asuka are really high, also there are less women on SD that could block her from winning the title.

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
I'm not saying SD is great or anything (it's way more watchable then RAW on avarage though)

But as you said if she debuted on RAW the chances of her being thrown in a random tag team with Asuka are really high, also there are less women on SD that could block her from winning the title.
I suspect SD will get some more top end star power this summer when Becky and Ronda return.

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
That would be cool but I don't think that's happening. I don't think Asuka will even be champ after WM.
Even if she retains at WM, I don't expect Asuka to get past MITB. She'll either be beaten by Ripley or get cashed in on, those are the two likeliest scenarios. I don't foresee a cash-in scenario on either Sasha or Bianca.

I don't think Io will win a main roster title until crowds are fully back.

1321 - 1340 of 1372 Posts