Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1122 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
29,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

A bit early, but seems like a done deal.

So hyped for her likely debut in the MYC. After that it's probably NXT to learn the WWE style for a bit, hopefully it isn't a long stay there.

She's too good for NXT, although I do understand a short stint there would be great for her. Will be awesome to see her kill it on Takeovers with a bigger stage and more freedom (compared to the main roster).

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Haven't seen that much of her yet, but so far yeah, she's clearly a standout.

When did she start getting called the best in the world? Last time I was keeping up heavily with promotions outside of WWE, that honor was still up to debate between Hamada/Kana/Ayumi Kurihara/ Sara Del Rey/ Cheerleader Melissa/ Madison Eagles...

but now it seems like mostly a consensus about Io being the BITW, so I was wondering when did it start?

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,368 Posts
:woo

I'm in no hurry to see Io on the main roster, personally. Hoping she's on NXT until at least the week after WM 35.

When did she start getting called the best in the world? Last time I was keeping up heavily with promotions outside of WWE, that honor was still up to debate between Hamada/Kana/Ayumi Kurihara/ Sara Del Rey/ Cheerleader Melissa/ Madison Eagles...

but now it seems like mostly a consensus about Io being the BITW, so I was wondering when did it start?
Roughly around 2014-2015, I think. It was definitely solidified by 2016.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can't wait for Io Shirai. In fact, can't wait to have Mayu Iwatani too. To have Asuka finally meet Shirai and Sane, where they could have more fluid matches since they would understand each other easily and the international TV or live audience won't decipher them easily too. Yeah, easily the fab four Joshi for WWE, thus a nice counterpart for the 4HW WWE and the 4HW MMA later on. Wow, the women could have stables of their own. And can't wait for the women to finally have their own show. Lots of talented and good-looking female wrestlers it seems, especially from Japan, and Mexico too.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,609 Posts

During her 2015 World of Stardom title reign. I'd say that she is, but some people may exaggerate because of the title that she has. Then again, she has been outstanding this year.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Any idea when the MYC will be aired?
Tapings are supposedly over August 7th and 8th. Don't know when the final will be but I imagine it's going to feature Io vs. Toni, with Io winning.

As for when Io will come to the main roster, I don't see it happening until after next year's SummerSlam at the earliest. Io is definitely going to be NXT Women's Champion.

What I see happening is Kairi will take the title from Shayna in Brooklyn. Afterward, she'll probably drop it to Io over the weekend of Mania 35 and move up. Io will reign for a while, drop it, and move up.

I'm honestly in no rush to see her on the main roster. Triple H will use her right. I'm not sure about Vince.

·
Custom User Title
6,389 Posts
At least there will actually be a winner between Io and Storm this time :lol
You say that, but get ready for them to both be counted out or a double pin. WWE will keep up the time honored tradition of neither person being able to beat the other. :sk

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,609 Posts
You say that, but get ready for them to both be counted out or a double pin. WWE will keep up the time honored tradition of neither person being able to beat the other. :sk
Probably true. Speaking of traditional, Toni has a UK contract which means she won't be at every show in WWE either :D

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,609 Posts
Since there a lot of people who haven't seen most of her matches or aren't entirely familiar with her, here are some recent matches of hers that I would recommend:

Io Shirai vs. Meiko Satomura (This is my Women's MOTY and one of the best matches of 2018 male or female)

Io Shirai vs. Momo Watanabe

Io Shirai vs. Mayu Iwatani

Io Shirai vs. Kairi Hojo (Sane)

Io Shirai vs. Nikki Storm (Cross)

This is the one that I would recommend out of all of them. Io Shirai vs Arisa Nakajima

Io is considered the Best Women's Wrestler and I'll agree with that, but Arisa Nakajima is someone who could easily give her a run for her money.

- Note that the last two aren't recent matches (2015 and 2013 respectively), I just wanted to include them.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
What I'm hoping we wind up getting is an intense friendship/rivalry between Io and Kairi in NXT. If they do it right, it could be Owens/Zayn or even Gargano/Ciampa. And with NXT unlike the main roster, there's reason to be excited for that possibility.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,368 Posts
I strongly recommend Io vs Meiko from 2015's Year End Climax. They're so good together.

1 - 20 of 1122 Posts