Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Veni, vidi, vici
14,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so extremely ecstatic! I made the decision to quit my job and commit to getting a liberal arts degree at a four year institution here in the US. It is $28,000 a year at an in-state school, so I am going to simply take out federal and private student loans.

Reps all around for all who enter this thread! I am excited for the future

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I know folk who did liberal arts degrees and used them to get into primary/secondary teaching so it's not all doom and gloom I guess, such are required for teaching certain subjects in Scotland and I assume the rest of the UK as well.

If you are lucky enough to get into an elite university like Oxbridge, St Andrews or maybe even a russell group university then you might still have options, just ask that user who did an arts degree at Cambridge and now earns six figures and was able to transfer to Spain or Portugal after brexit broke out to continue his job.

Of course Oxbridge is very tough to get in but you can always try.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
This is an interesting troll thread

·
Veni, vidi, vici
14,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is bait.
I honestly can't tell if the OP is being sarcastic or if he is actually happy about this.
This is an interesting troll thread
I don't troll. SRS thread is SRS.

Do you think I should pour this amount of money into liberal arts? I was thinking political science maybe. Please help. My life hangs in the balance. Too late to go back to my career.

Everyone else was taking out large student loans and going to school so I felt like I was missing out and my resume' was lackluster!

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,097 Posts
I don't troll. SRS thread is SRS.

Do you think I should pour this amount of money into liberal arts? I was thinking political science maybe. Please help. My life hangs in the balance. Too late to go back to my career.

Everyone else was taking out large student loans and going to school so I felt like I was missing out and my resume' was lackluster!
There's no way you're being serious right now.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Slow day in Anything. If that's the cost of one degree, regardless of the discipline, no. Run.

·
Premium Member
17,156 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
What jobs can you get after graduation? How many units are there in that degree? I've heard of Liberal Arts degrees when I was looking for a college but I've never seen nor heard of Gender Studies before.

Also, did you have a different degree before this or is this your first?

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Good luck wasting money and living in student debt for it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Congratulations on your new adventure. Just remember when you're done and and you're making my sandwich at Subway, please know how much mayo is considered extra and how much is regular. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.