have that you may want answered about Evolve, DGUSA, or anything else
wrestling related?

I plan on asking him questions regarding Piracy and how it has
directly affected Evolve & DGUSA, starting from the ground up again
and a few more questions.

I would really like your input as I know the Evolve and DGUSA threads
have more than a few pages and are some of the bigger alternatives
around.

Also, What type of music would you like to hear played on the show.
I've come to the conclusion that 90's hip-hop won't exactly work with
this type of show format. It's college radio so we have a contract
that allows us to play just about anything.

I have another account here but don't feel like having it contected to
the show as of right now. I will give username shout outs on air and mention that the
questions selected came from wrestlingforum.com

The show is called the Squared Circle for the time being and can be followed
on twitter @ http://twitter.com/squared_circle
Radio station is
http://www.spc.edu/pages/1788.asp

Show is on at 1 p.m. on Fridays. Possibly interviewing Johnny Gargano or Rich Swan next week

·
Is a Snit Head
22,166 Posts
Well the questions that it sounds like you want to ask Gabe sound interesting. I would much rather you focus on his work with DGUSA then go back and talk about his time in ROH and his falling out with them.

I don't know if he would want to talk about but the fallout with Davey Richards would be really interesting to hear about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked if he had any ground rules and he said "I'll answer what I feel like answering". Seems like everything is fair game and I should be prepared for a "I'm not answering that".

·
Is a Snit Head
22,166 Posts
Well that was a real nice answer from him.... Should really make it easy to do the interview when you never know when he might decide he doesn't feel like answering a question.

I would also ask if he has the regular PPV in his long term plans for DGUSA. It's a real pain in the ass that they still do that because it makes the DVD release take forever. And I can't even order them where I live and with my provider.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
I'm really interested in the myths surrounding piracy and it's supposed negative effect on the entertainment industry. Anything you can ask him about that subject would be very interesting. Ask him about the free re-screening of the first PPV, that they did recently on GFL to promote the 'Bushido' iPPV, and the philosophy behind that. That kind of ties in with the piracy/freemium content debate. Gabe is known, to a certain extent, for accepting that piracy is inevitable and trying to work alongside and around it.

Maybe ask him (this ties in with his work with Dragon Gate) how Japanese wrestling has influenced his work, throughout his career as a booker.

You could also ask him about the change of tack, that came about in EVOLVE after Davey left. They dropped some of their original ideas (such as having no multi-man matches, having qualifying matches and various other concepts).

You could ask him about the rumours that Paul Heyman wanted to take him to TNA with him and even ask him why Jewish people always have seem to have such great creative minds.

As for tunes, maybe you should take your cues from Colt Cabana's 'Art of Wrestling' podcast and play some novelty wrestling-related songs, for the lulz. Maybe even kill two birds with one stone and ask Gabe what his favourite 'so-bad-its-good' wrestling song is/was. You might want to ask him in advance then "ask him" on air, that way you can have it ready to play out his interview with.

If in doubt play something awesome like this:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I never got clear confirmation on the ability to play theme songs but I do believe we own one of the Wrestling theme song cd's so I should be covered for playing from that album.

Thank you so much for all the different ideas both of you have come up with so far. I believe he addressed tagging along with Heyman in a blog. I will be reading his last few blogs and stuff tomorrow to finalize the general script for the show.

I will definitely be giving both of you credit and ask him those questions. I'm really interested in the piracy issue and had planned on asking him if he has the turn out numbers for the free ippv.

Also, people don't be afraid to post your questions here. I appreciate the pm's but wouldn't mind having a open discussion about it.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
I'd like to hear about what he had to change in EVOLVE after Davey resigned for ROH and couldnt work EVOLVE shows anymore.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ask him why he profits/overcharges on international postage.
Can you be more specific? I'm really willing to ask anything you guys have questions on.
Ask him why he keeps getting my links uploaded :mad:

(Don't really btw)
I guess you mean deleted. Well that will be covered in asking him why he felt the need to tell the wrestling fan community to report links. I will be asking him if he feels like it was a success and was he surprised at how many links exist.

- SM™-;9015094 said:
I'd like to hear about what he had to change in EVOLVE after Davey resigned for ROH and couldnt work EVOLVE shows anymore.
I'm pretty sure he has addressed this issue in the past. Saying he planned on making him a top dog because its something no other company has really utilized him in doing. I can still ask though if I have time for it. I'm not sure how long the interview will even be as it was not something covered. We really have no ground rules so I plan on taking full advantage of this.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Maybe ask him what his future plans where for booking Roh before he left.
Ask him what he made of the Adam Pearce era and would he ever be open for a return to Roh if he got the call.
Also ask what he makes of the Roh product at the moment and how it would differ than the Roh he would of booked.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Maybe ask him what his future plans where for booking Roh before he left.
Ask him what he made of the Adam Pearce era and would he ever be open for a return to Roh if he got the call.
Also ask what he makes of the Roh product at the moment and how it would differ than the Roh he would of booked.
He addressed his future plans on a dvd called Gabe's booking secretes available at kayfabecommentaries (also in the media section here on the forum). He went into the next 3 or 4 months and where he was going to go with the company.

He has also addressed the Adam Pearce era in a written article and how he never felt it as a personal attack being let go. That he has come to terms with what happen and looking forward to promoting DGUSA and Evolve.

I can ask him if he would be interested in going back to ROH if the offer was available. I'm really trying to go into a lot of areas that are not normally addressed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the double post but this is the last call to submit questions you would like to hear answered on the show. I will post a direct link to the show before we go on air but I would like to finalize the questions by tonight/9 a.m. tomorrow morning.

I will be using some questions that were pm'd and a lot of the ones posted here already. If you feel something else should be added please post a.s.a.p.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also I doubt if he will answer this but What is his opinion of Rob Feinstein(pedo)
Going to be honest and just say I don't feel comfortable bring that up in any fashion. Trying to build a relationship here and have some more evolve wrestlers and DGUSA. I don't see how that question is productive or has any currently relevancy.

Sorry.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,166 Posts
You should just call a last minute switch and try to see how quickly you can offend him and get him to walk out on the show. It would be terrible for getting him to come back but should make for some hilarious radio...

In all seriousness though I'm looking forward to hearing it. You will have the audio saved somewhere right? As much as I want to hear it I can't skip class to listen to it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts