Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0 DCMaximo

Posted December 2003
Personally, I'd go for Charlie Haas. While he is generally considered the weak link of the team and the one less likely to get a singles push, people thought the same about Shawn Michaels and Matt Hardy and look how they compared to their tag partners. Also, Haas is still a talented wrestler, he's WWE homegrown, he's got a killer finisher (the Haas of Pain RULES) and, as cynical as it sounds, I can just see Vince using Russ Haas' death in an attempt to gain fan sympathy for Haas. He's good on the mic and only getting better, so my vote goes to Charlie.
Guest NewYorkFox

Posted December 23, 2003
Rob Conway.

I dunno why, buit I can see him getting a God push in a few years time.
c0 claydude14

Posted December 23, 2003
RAW- Garrison Cade

Smackdown!- Orlando Jordan (Jordan is going to be HUGE)
Guest hebtheeagle

Posted December 23, 2003
Give me either John Cena or Batista...both were Heavyweight champions in OVW, so I could see both as WWE champs.
0 ChrisMWaters

Posted December 23, 2003
I'm KINDA hoping either Spanky or London, if pushed more, become a dick heel like Michaels was and eventually the top title holder.

SPANKY FOR WORLD CHAMPION IN 2011
0 Ultra Violence

Posted December 23, 2003
Christian is a possibility, he's held nearly every belt.

Cena is obvious.

Orton will probably (sadly) happen.

CM Punk if used correctly could get the push to the top.

Guest Jimbo

Posted December 23, 2003
“CM Punk if used correctly could get the push to the top.”

yeah, that is, if he ever joined the WWE, which I hope to god he does not, or atleast not under his curent gimmick, for it'll just become retarded RTC 2.0 crap....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
Very interesting to see. Ultra Violence picked them all.

I liked Charlie Haas and Rob Conway. Don’t think I ever would have picked either for WWE Champ. Conway totally could have been though.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You know what fuck it, In today's climate i guess Charlie Haas would be a good hand to have.

Inviato dal mio SM-A207F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
You knew exactly who were going to be future World Champs back in 03. Batista, Cena and especially Orton were lubed up and ready to fire when the time was right. The only one I didn't think would get a run was Eddie Guerrero but he did. What a bunch of absolute retards those posters were.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Kinda random but does anyone on here remember a forums.prowrestling.com user named Benoitmark? He would argue for hours with people about how Benoit is the best and should be champion then when the Benoit tragedy happened he kinda just fell off. I always remember him because he had such a strong opinion on Chris Benoit and would defend him all the time. Reading this thread reminded me of that time frame when he was around.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Kinda random but does anyone on here remember a forums.prowrestling.com user named Benoitmark? He would argue for hours with people about how Benoit is the best and should be champion. I always remember him because he had such a strong opinion on Chris Benoit and would defend him all the time.
lol That was like 75% of the IWC from 98-03. Maybe AEW fanatics aren't that bad after all....

Anyway, I was likely hyping Cena, Matt Hardy, and Chris Benoit (the cult finally got to me) as potential future champs in December 2003.

Definitely wasn't sold on Batista yet. It was 50/50 as to whether he'd end up as Diesel or Maxx Muscle and I was leaning towards Next Maxx Muscle. Edge's injury early in the year derailed his momentum. Who knew if he'd come back strong? Wasn't sold on Orton yet either. And still viewed Guerrero as nothing more than a fun midcarder.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Crazy how vague everything in the post-Attitude Era (2002-2003) looked in retrospect.. only a few predicted Cena, Batista, and Orton. What a weird transitional period those two years were

CM Punk if used correctly could get the push to the top.”

yeah, that is, if he ever joined the WWE, which I hope to god he does not, or atleast not under his curent gimmick, for it'll just become retarded RTC 2.0 crap....
This dude kinda predicted Punk’s SES

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,539 Posts
Hindsight is 20/20... at the time those were posted they were reasonable thoughts. All those people were young and had potential.

I mean today it’s easy to look at the WWE roster and predict who will get championships... because today the championships seem to almost shuffle... the company doesn’t know what they’re doing and how to book, so they pass the belts around hoping it makes money

Id say for 2003, a lot of those picks were fair. With character evolvement and the correct push, it could have worked. 17 years later... yea clearly it didn’t play out and many of them were out of WWE rather fast.

·
Registered
98 Posts
lol That was like 75% of the IWC from 98-03. Maybe AEW fanatics aren't that bad after all....

Anyway, I was likely hyping Cena, Matt Hardy, and Chris Benoit (the cult finally got to me) as potential future champs in December 2003.

Definitely wasn't sold on Batista yet. It was 50/50 as to whether he'd end up as Diesel or Maxx Muscle and I was leaning towards Next Maxx Muscle. Edge's injury early in the year derailed his momentum. Who knew if he'd come back strong? Wasn't sold on Orton yet either. And still viewed Guerrero as nothing more than a fun midcarder.
Oh I remember very clearly how loved Benoit was on the forums back then lol. Him, Bret, Eddie, and Jericho would always get massive amounts of love while everyone hated HHH and were sick of his title reign.

I always thought Cena would become champ and Orton would be the one to take HHH. I was genuinely surprised when it turned out to be Batista to dethrone trips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts