Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Millionaire, George Goldman was on a summer vacation with his wife, Helen and son, Jason in Los Angeles. Whilst there, they bought tickets to WWE’s SummerSlam. After seeing the lost tradition and excitement of Pro Wrestling, a thought appeared in his mind. That thought was to create a Pro Wrestling Company.

The moment George finally realized that Pro Wrestling was falling, and falling fast, was WWE’s Hell in a Cell. The morning after that, he announced his plan to his family. Goldman then went to Turner Broadcasting System to ask them for a time-slot to broadcast his weekly show. They looked at the options and, after a couple of months and negotiating and planning, they allowed the 7:00 – 8:00 spot on TNT every Tuesday Night. They figured that with the ratings WCW got when it was broadcasted on TBS, that this would be a great idea.

George needed was an arena. He decided that he wasn’t going to travel until he sees how successful his company is going to be. So he decided to rent out an arena close to where he lives, in Rochester, New York. He rents out the Blue Cross Center for every Tuesday Night at 7:00 for the next three months.

Well all the Millionaire needed now, was a name for his company. He wants to use superstars from the entire world, not just one region. He wanted it to be International. He decided to name his company, International Wrestling Association.​

In an interview with Pro Wrestling Insider (PWI), Goldman answered a few questions about his upcoming franchise:
PWI: George, we have heard numerous rumors that you are running a new Pro Wrestling company. Their first show will air on January 11th, 2011, correct?

Mr. Goldman: Well, when I saw what Pro Wrestling has done over the past few years, I have to at least try to fix it. So yes. Tuesday, January 11th, 2011, TNT, Seven o'clock.

PWI: Have you announced anybody on your roster?

Mr. Goldman: Actually, there have been a few i've signed and i'll tell you some of them: Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Montel Vontanious Porter, and Bobby Lashley. There will be more announced on the first episode of IWF: Crash!

PWI: Are there any authority figures? Broadcast teams?

Mr. Goldman: Well, we have many options for General Manager: Johnathan Coachman is our top choice as of now, but we haven't had a yes or no answer yet. As for announcers, we held auditions for announcers and we have two guys I think will be great: Daniel Hill, and Wesley Stevens.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Aaand he owes Vince twenty bucks. MVP is a copyrighted name. Who has not passed his 90-day no-compete clause.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Aaand he owes Vince twenty bucks. MVP is a copyrighted name. Who has not passed his 90-day no-compete clause.
Realism isn't 100% integral here, so please don't try to force it upon those that are partially ignoring it because they're not going to be interested in that as it will be of no assistance to them. Thanks.

I don't mind a good created thread, so I'll be keeping my eye on this. A solid base of guys thus far, so hopefully you can get a few more talented names in to build a solid roster to work with. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I've been wanting to start a similar thread recently, and I think this sounds exciting so I'll be taking at look at this from time to time for sure :) I hope you impress me enough to make me addicted :p Hope to see some good signings, with at least some decent realism. With that I mean, if they're currently employed in real life, an explanation would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to the official IWF website.

Chairman Goldman has contacted various superstars, including: Gregory Helms, Carlito, Bill Goldberg, Booker Huffman (aka Booker T), Matt Hardy, Kid Kash, Psicosis, Chris Hero, Chris Castagnoli and John Bradshaw Layfield.

Goldman has also stated that he would like to start a diva's division in the future.
IWF Chairman, George Goldman, January 4th, 2011:
"Hello Wrestling fans! I hope you guys are as excited for the first episode of Crash! I sure know I am. We have some new roster signings as of now! Booker Huffman, also know as Booker T, has signed a contract with IWF. So has former Ring Of Honor Tag Team Champions, Chris Hero and Chris Castagnoli to help spice up our tag team division in the future. And former WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Psicosis! I hope you all have a wonderful week and be sure to tune into TNT at 7 o'clock on Tuesday!"
IWF Chairman, George Goldman, January 7th, 2011:
"Hello! I have decided as to what I should name our championships. First off, there is the IWF Tag Team Championship. Second, there is the IWF Television Title. Last, and certainly not least, the IWF World Championship! We are nearing the first show of Crash and be prepared for a great night!
IWF Chairman, George Goldman, January 10th, 2011:
"Hello! I have a major announcement pertaining to our Pay-Per-Views! Our first Pay-Per-View will be on Saturday, January 22nd! It will be called IWF: Extinction. So, we are one day away from the preview episode of Crash! Have a wonderful evening!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Interesting stuff... Good choice for titles, a Diva Division could be good for your company, and the signing of Booker isn't a bad move either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you think you have enough time to build feuds for the PPV? If its on Jan 22nd and we haven't even seen a TV show yet (as of Jan 10th), I think it will be interesting how you try to establish champions, feuds and superstars while trying to promote a PPV. Goodluck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts