Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like what WWE is doing the last few months with the IC title and Ziggler. First of, Ziggler has been IC champ since August and Ziggler is having a great reign. It's pretty obvious Ziggler is a good competitor and thus I also hope that Ziggler will stay IC champ for a long while now. This will give credibility to Ziggler and the IC title also.

Further more, since WWE is doing a good job with the youth movement, I sometimes read that Ziggler should/could be ready for the main event. But, what's wrong for Ziggler on being the upper-midcarder as the IC champ? It gives him a title and again, credibility.

Are you also enjoying Ziggler's IC reign?

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its been an ok reign but its time for him to drop the belt
I don't think so, if Ziggler will be IC Champ for a couple of months longer it will give both good credibility and I also enjoy long title reigns.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
I don't think so, if Ziggler will be IC Champ for a couple of months longer it will give both good credibility and I also enjoy long title reigns.
it will only give it credibility if they are able to keep it fresh

the wwe cant really do that, if this week is any indicator, the feud going into tlc will be mostly Swagger/Kofi

added that is that Dolph is getting carried by Vickie majorly,

·
Registered
983 Posts
He should keep until Wrestlemania, so hopefully there will be an IC title match there for the first time in god knows how long.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I disagree, what he really needs is a series of one-off defeneces against some other mid-carders to further build up the championship. Have Chris Masters win a number 1 contendership against a heel, Drew MacIntyre for example, then let Ziggler win. Meanwhile let JTG pick up a couple of wins and then become the next number 1 contender. Again, have Ziggler go over. While that match is being built up, have Masters pick up another win or two before losing a triple threat number 1 contenders match against Cody Rhodes and a returning Christian. Have Ziggler beat him on PPV in the match of the night.

WHile all of this is happening, Trent Berreta or Kaval can be quietly built up for a real feud which would result in one of them going over Dolph. The long winning streak he's been on would allow him to retain sufficient momentum to be moved into world title contention. Hw wouldn't win first time but a credible performance would keep him relevant, and, after another IC title reign lasting 2-3 months which would include a champion vs champion match, he could have another go at the world title, winning it if the crowd reaction was good enough by then.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
Dolph is getting carried by Vickie majorly,
Sorry, I didn't notice Vickie carrying Dolph to all those fantastic matches he's been putting on :rolleyes:

Dolphs reign has been great so far in terms of matches, but he needs that one stand out, personal feud over the title to make his reign stand out - like Jericho/Rey last year, or several examples stemming from Randy Ortons evolution reign.

Him and Kofi seem to be in the same position right now, top of the SD mid-card looking to break through the glass ceiling, so why not give there feud a little more substance and have them break through together.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Very glad to see Dolph get this run. Finally, after he deserved it so many times last year. I'm kinda iffy about Vickie as his manager though. :\

Much like peepoholic said, that would put Dolph majorly over.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
He needs to hold it for a long time, and as someone suggested, go over the throwaway faces and enhancement talent.

Having him go over Mysterio and Christian in PPV matches would be incredible (what are the chances Mysterio will let Dolph go over though, even if it was Mysterios retirement match he'd still take the title from him)

JTG and Masters need to lose to Ziggler too in championship matches.

Barreta and Kaval are top future faces, these two need to put into proper feuds and build soon, as one of them needs to take the belt off Ziggler.

I'm not sure what other faces he can go over in the mean time, seeing as they seem to be taking Santino and Koslov seriously nowadays. Maybe Darren Young, but the crowd cares less about him than JTG and Masters.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
I disagree, what he really needs is a series of one-off defeneces against some other mid-carders to further build up the championship. Have Chris Masters win a number 1 contendership against a heel, Drew MacIntyre for example, then let Ziggler win. Meanwhile let JTG pick up a couple of wins and then become the next number 1 contender. Again, have Ziggler go over. While that match is being built up, have Masters pick up another win or two before losing a triple threat number 1 contenders match against Cody Rhodes and a returning Christian. Have Ziggler beat him on PPV in the match of the night.

WHile all of this is happening, Trent Berreta or Kaval can be quietly built up for a real feud which would result in one of them going over Dolph. The long winning streak he's been on would allow him to retain sufficient momentum to be moved into world title contention. Hw wouldn't win first time but a credible performance would keep him relevant, and, after another IC title reign lasting 2-3 months which would include a champion vs champion match, he could have another go at the world title, winning it if the crowd reaction was good enough by then.
see this would work if Ziggler was one of those great heels you love to here talk, and spews natural charisma , but he's not, hes just not that interesting as a character or on the mic to make this "proposed" angle work

Sorry, I didn't notice Vickie carrying Dolph to all those fantastic matches he's been putting on :rolleyes:
Obviously i wasn't talking about ring work fpalm

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
see this would work if Ziggler was one of those great heels you love to here talk, and spews natural charisma , but he's not, hes just not that interesting as a character or on the mic to make this "proposed" angle work
Creative can try to come up with something for him. In any case, this angle doesn't really require the final part, ie. Dolph's main-event push, what matters is the establishment of multiple credible challengers for the IC title and a new, properly built, champion. This angle should result in that at least.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Creative can try to come up with something for him. In any case, this angle doesn't really require the final part, ie. Dolph's main-event push, what matters is the establishment of multiple credible challengers for the IC title and a new, properly built, champion. This angle should result in that at least.
maybe but id rather Swagger or ADR get the belt soon

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Even if Dolph does end up losing the IC Title, I'm sure he can still float around and become the IC champ again.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
It's been a great reign, and he should keep the title until SummerSlam 2011 at least.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Dolph Ziggler is a great choice for someone to hold the IC title for a considerable amount of time, great look, great charisma, great in the ring, the guy is just great.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts