Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We see contract signings a lot in WWE. I expect a cliche contract signing this Monday.

This Monday also happens to be John Cena's 35th birthday. I would like it better if the last segment initially annoyed us with Vince appearing to kiss up to Cena, doing things very similar to last year on Rock's birthday celebration. Titan tron, balloons, confetti, etc.

Then, to close out the show, Vince invites Cena to the stage. So, Cena walks up the ramp. Out comes this very gigantic birthday cake. Just as Cena is about to try the first piece of his cake, out of nowhere, Lesnar pops out of the cake and F5's him right on the stage to end the show as his music plays. He then kicks Cena's hat again and then dumps the cake on him.

I like it better than the contract signing.

Edit: Would someone mind editing the title of the post? Typos. Sorry.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Press Conference like the have in boxing would be a good alternative.

Also surrounding each guy with 8 body guards would be a good option.

Contract signing inside a cage, with a fence down the middle separating the two would be different.

You could also get the whole roster out there stood around the ring lumberjack style in case something does happen.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
The only thing I don't like about this it that it will be the main event and not a jericho/punk segment/match

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I'm okay with a contract signing. Just some fighting is what I want and some talking too.

I remember hearing this cake idea used for Rock's birthday with Cena being the one who comes out and FU's him instead.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
What is good about that idea? Its the same thing that Brock has done the past few weeks, only difference he pops out of the cake. Its a big match at Extreme Rules and they need to make it look as even as possible, not completely one-side cause then the result is obvious. Plus we're supposed to see these to finally talk in the ring and i'm expecting some kayfabe lines to be broken. The contract signing suits it way better.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't hear the cake idea for that.

Why not do the cake? I think it's a nice swerve. Plus we see the same contract signing every single time. Pipe Bomb Punk himself pointed that out.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I didn't hear the cake idea for that.

Why not do the cake? I think it's a nice swerve. Plus we see the same contract signing every single time. Pipe Bomb Punk himself pointed that out.
whats the point? Its just Brock doing the same thing he's done the first two weeks after WM, except this time he's popping outta the cake. You can't book a feud so one-sided right before they're about to have a match. and the point is to get them talking to each other face to face fer once.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Would love if they did a training montage like they did for Rock and Brock for SS 02. Or, they could do a little weigh in thing like they do for boxing and ufc and have a little press conference.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
I think it would have been interesting to do some kind of Weigh In/Press Conference Setup inside the ring.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whats the point? Its just Brock doing the same thing he's done the first two weeks after WM, except this time he's popping outta the cake. You can't book a feud so one-sided right before they're about to have a match. and the point is to get them talking to each other face to face fer once.
They were face to face. It's just that Cena decided to provoke Lesnar.

If anything, why not have the contract signing earlier and then close out with the party for Cena?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
It'd be incredibly stupid to have a weigh-in this far out of the match.

Press conference would be awesome though.

Personally I think they need to give Brock an entourage of trainers and shit. Kind of like an Ivan Drago thing. Lots of footage of him doing MMA-like training and then have a Cena montage of him training with old wrestling legends where the refine his mechanics on defensive wrestling and what not.

Really focus on the idea that Brock has strength and technique whereas Cena has strength and heart but is trying to work on his technique as the edge he needs over Brock because you can't train to get that heart and determination.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
What is good about that idea? Its the same thing that Brock has done the past few weeks, only difference he pops out of the cake. Its a big match at Extreme Rules and they need to make it look as even as possible, not completely one-side cause then the result is obvious. Plus we're supposed to see these to finally talk in the ring and i'm expecting some kayfabe lines to be broken. The contract signing suits it way better.
thats what they did with the cena batista feud it was one sided all the way where batista always had the upper hand and cena always got his ass kicked but in the end cena ofc

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Will be a normal cliched contract signing and will end with Lesnar destroying Cena with the F5 again.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts