Wrestling Forum banner

Instead of HHH/Sheamus one-one-one at Mania, I'd rather see....

1247 Views 17 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Razor King
HHH/Diesel vs. Sheamus +

a) Barrett? If it is going to be Sting vs. Taker at Mania, or if Taker can't wrestle at Mania, this would be a great match. Yes, I know it would be a Corre member teaming with a non-Corre member, but who cares?

b) Big Show? Show would have to turn heel, but he's as big name, and he and Diesel had a staredown at the Rumble. They also have a history in WCW, though I doubt that would be mentioned.

c) Swagger? Yes, his brand his slipped a lot, but he is a former WHC.

d) McIntyre? See Swagger, but he's even lower in name.

e) someone else?

I just think this would be infinitely more interesting than a one-on-one match. And I can't recall HHH/Diesel teaming together even in the short-lived WWE NWO.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Why does every match have to be one on one? That's boring and predictable. Plus there's Cliq/NWO history. We already saw one-on-one HHH/Sheamus. Give me something different, a different dynamic.

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Why does every match have to be one on one? That's boring and predictable. Plus there's Cliq/NWO history. We already saw one-on-one HHH/Sheamus. Give me something different, a different dynamic.
Im sorry but if that tag match happens it'll be one big clusterfuck, because you'll have HHH and Sheamus brawling and Diesel and ? in the ring. Also HHH/ Sheamus is a feud that never finished and since kayfabe wise HHH has been waiting months to get his revenge on Sheamus it wouldn't make sense

· Banned
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why can't he get his revenge in a tag match? Why does every match in every feud have to be one on one? That's boring, and I'm getting sick of it quite frankly. Sheamus partner could somehow get involved attacking HHH, so HHH enlists the help of his old buddy Diesel.

Plus doing tag matches is a way to get more guys involved. That way they can have 6 guys in the MITB match, instead of turning IT into another 10-man clusterfuck just to get all the main guys on the show.

A tag-team match was good enough to main event WM1, AND the first two Summerslams, but you're saying it's not good enough to mid-card a WM now?

· Banned
6,072 Posts
Nash working with Sheamus and a green Barrett. AWFUL written all over it.

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
Why can't he get his revenge in a tag match? Why does every match in every feud have to be one on one? That's boring, and I'm getting sick of it quite frankly. Sheamus partner could somehow get involved attacking HHH, so HHH enlists the help of his old buddy Diesel.

Plus doing tag matches is a way to get more guys involved. That way they can have 6 guys in the MITB match, instead of turning IT into another 10-man clusterfuck just to get all the main guys on the show.

A tag-team match was good enough to main event WM1, AND the first two Summerslams, but you're saying it's not good enough to mid-card a WM now?
Yes, because WWE has risen to new heights and a tag team match wouldn't cut it for Wrestlemania. And theres no point on randomly inserting 2 guys into the HHH/Sheamus feud

· Banned
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, because WWE has risen to new heights
Ummm....no. WWE is no better now than it was then.

And I'm not suggesting a tag match main event WM. I'm suggesting a mid-card tag match. You say a tag match wouldn't cut it for WM. Are you suggesting there should be no tag matches at WM?

Nothing but one on one matches gets boring after a while. We've already seen HHH/Sheamus one on one. And HHH would still be able to get his revenge in a tag match. Plus they wouldn't have to put 10 guys in MITB just to try and cram everyone on the card.

What would be so special about HHH/Sheamus one on one? I don't get it.

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
Ummm....no. WWE is no better now than it was then.

And I'm not suggesting a tag match main event WM. I'm suggesting a mid-card tag match. You say a tag match wouldn't cut it for WM. Are you suggesting there should be no tag matches at WM?

Nothing but one on one matches gets boring after a while. We've already seen HHH/Sheamus one on one. And HHH would still be able to get his revenge in a tag match. Plus they wouldn't have to put 10 guys in MITB just to try and cram everyone on the card.

What would be so special about HHH/Sheamus one on one? I don't get it.
Yeah it may have been but WWE is world wide and has more viewers then back then, It wouldn't make sense to add 2 randoms into the HHH/Sheamus feud which final match should be at Mania so they can end the feud

· Banned
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The two guys wouldn't even have to get involved in the HHH-Sheamus feud. They could have their own feud, but with a tag match you could take care of two feuds in one match.

Do you really want another 10 man MITB clusterfuck?

· Registered
7,766 Posts
The two guys wouldn't even have to get involved in the HHH-Sheamus feud. They could have their own feud, but with a tag match you could take care of two feuds in one match.

Do you really want another 10 man MITB clusterfuck?
That would actually be worse.
That sounds like a match that would be on an episode of RAW or Smackdown, not your biggest PPV of the year.

and i thought last years MITB was great.

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
First of all the MITB match is great every year, last year was no difference.

2nd of all I'll take you back to Wrestlemania 20. The rock and Mick Foley vs Randy Orton and Batista (Flair was there but you know... that was it). Pretty much the same situation that you're describing. Foley and Orton feuding, The Rock (recently retired) returned and reunited with his long time friend blah blah... Major hype for the match. Everyone, even myself marked out when the great one walked out.....

Yeahhhh that match was horrible. And whats worse about this situation is that Nash is in no shape to wrestle at WM. I can see how you would see this as a good idea though, just 10 years too late.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.