Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to LOL at wwe everytime they do that stupid stipulation where a top face or heel has a surprise opponent on raw. it's so painfully obvious who it will be everytime. at one point it was always reserved for mark henry but after the push it's been tensai. has anyone else noticed this.
it's annoying in the sense that it's never actually a mystery.:no:

you would think they would throw curve and actually be creative some time, but they feed you the same crap.

·
Registered
835 Posts
It was Sheamus after he won the Rumble.

·
Banned
652 Posts
Tensai is getting re-packaged now, so you won't have to worry about him too much I don't think. but yes, they are extremely repetitive. i refuse to watch Big Show wrestle Cody Rhodes ever again. Ziggler losing to Sheamus. same fucking shit every week.

although this is kinda funny coming from an Orton fan.

-arrive
-get beat up
-clothesline
-snap powerslam
-rko
-leave

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I liked it more when heels had to vs a mystery opponent.

Perfect example was HHH v Shelton Benjamin (or Hurricane), man, no one expected those matches, it was surprising, entertaining and enlightening.

But to answer your original question, I didn't personally notice until you said that. There aren't many 'mystery' matches anymore anyway.

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
although this is kinda funny coming from an Orton fan.

-arrive
-get beat up
-clothesline
-snap powerslam
-rko
-leave
It's actually 'gay clothesline' and you forgot the DDT from the middle rope which his opponent helpfully positions his legs onto the rope for, then leaves them there for a while while Orton looks around so everyone can see how cool he is.

Back on point, I agree with OP. If it's not Tensai, it's Kane, etc etc, blah blah blah. I'd like heel GMs to punish faces with more handicap matches.

"Tonight, John Cena, you will be facing....

...the entire locker room!"

And then they all come out and spend 45 minutes beating him to a pulp.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Here is an idea on how to repackage Tensai.

Make him hairy and cover him in piercings and call him A-Train.

I honestly don't know what idiot in WWE thought that having a fat white guy covered in tattoos come out and act Japanese would be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Well, I'd rather see Tensai jobbing over Henry.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
It's actually 'gay clothesline' and you forgot the DDT from the middle rope which his opponent helpfully positions his legs onto the rope for, then leaves them there for a while while Orton looks around so everyone can see how cool he is.
This had me cracking up because seeing Randy Boredom's weak ass clothesline always pisses me off. Instead of being the viper, I think the "master of the gay clothesline" would be a much better moniker.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Back to the topic though, yeah, it does suck that the surprise opponent is rarely a surprise, but for a while Mark Henry was really the only credible heel on the show, not saying Tensai is credible, but he was better than almost anyone else at the time (which is sad cuz he's only been around for a few weeks).

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I think what Tensai needs at this point is to develop his character. Perhaps a one on one interview with Michael Cole which would be seen partially on Raw, and the rest live via the WWE website. Tensai drops his own "pipe bomb" on the WWE by saying that he is a survivor of a dying generation, and says that he earned his title out of respect on an international level while in the Far East. He reminds the WWE Universe that his only losses were via a WHC, and the top name in the business today, John Cena whom he has already defeated. Tensai goes on to say that he isn't going anywhere, and he is going to have gold around his waist while in the WWE. Immediately have him take the United States title off of Santino, and send Marella off of our televisions for a week, or two. Eventually after yet another solid push with a title, he starts a feud with Kassius Ohno.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
Teddy Long used Undertaker as his surprise opponent for heels on Smackdown back in 2006-2009. If we get a face GM on Raw, I wouldn't be surprised if Ryback became the official surprise face to go beat up misbehaving heels.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
The Tensai gimmick was a bad idea from the start for the WWE. Still want to see them keep the guy around but only if he's repackaged as another character.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Another thing Henry and Tensai have in common is that their 1999 gimmicks will haunt them for the rest of their careers. Tensai can be beating Cena for the title in the main event of WrestleMania and that fucker is still gonna get 80,000 people chanting "Albert" at him just for the lulz.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another thing Henry and Tensai have in common is that their 1999 gimmicks will haunt them for the rest of their careers. Tensai can be beating Cena for the title in the main event of WrestleMania and that fucker is still gonna get 80,000 people chanting "Albert" at him just for the lulz.
I disagree, actually. I think Henry has outgrown his sexual chocolate gimmick. I think any long term fan of WWE/F will always remember Henry was the baby daddy of a "hand", but I think comparing Henry to Tensai right now isn't fair, because Henry > Tensai if that's the case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts