Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
80-90s NJPW had better tag title matches and bigger stars (Hashimoto, Chono, Choshu, Vader, Steiners, and Mutoh).

Downside is politically and backstage stuff was more seedy and scummy.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Honestly, I only started watching non-WWE/WCW wrestling in the last couple years. So I wouldn't have the knowledge to really know about this type of thing.

I do know that NJPW today is amazing.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Even as a big fan of current NJPW, I'd still say Inoki's. Mainly just because of the realism factor of all of it. Present era still keeps up the realism, but it could always do better.

I think 90's era even turned up the soap opera a bit more. Wasn't there a hit and run angle at one time? Something about running over people in vehicles has always been a thing in Wrestling.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Hashimoto might be my favourite wrestler ever but idk if I can say 90s over 80s. 80s NJ had the UWF invasion and Choshu drama. Then late 80s is when Hash, Vader, Liger rose to prominence and right out of the gate had great/amazing matches. Plus 90s has Mutoh and Chono who I both dislike, and 80s has Fujinami who is one of the all time great wrestlers, arguably top 10. I don't even like today's product, personally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts