Discussion Starter #1
im noticing quite a few patterns

seems that almost every other Canadian wrestler in the US uses the sharpshooter

most Mexican wrestlers use the moonsault or 45O

every Japanese wrestler uses martial arts kicks, i mean damn near all of them

almost every British wrestler that goes abroad uses the term "innit to winnit"

every towering powerhouse uses the powerbomb

anyone else notice this

comedy spots in matches tend to replicate the Stop Look Slap Wait Whats that Receives another slap routine from that one Mike Quackenbush match

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
A lot of Canadian wrestlers use the sharpshooter to obviously pay homage to Bret .

Lucha Libre is the main style in Mexico and is based mainly on highflying and unique moves so thats why many tend to do these moves ,plus it helps the majority of the are very small,quick and agile.

Like Lucha Libre in Mexico ,the stiff style and martial art kicks stem from a certain style.It's obvious martial arts would have an influence on the style of the wrestlers ,most of them trained in numerous martial arts before they made the transition to wrestling.

I'm confused by the innit to win it one .The only person i'v ever hear say it is Nigel.

Thats because the powerbomb is one of the most basic powermoves ,a lot of wrestlers who arn't powerhouses use the move too.

I'v noticed the slap spot is very repetitive ,espicailly in Quack's and Cabana's matches.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
im noticing quite a few patterns

seems that almost every other Canadian wrestler in the US uses the sharpshooter

most Mexican wrestlers use the moonsault or 45O

every Japanese wrestler uses martial arts kicks, i mean damn near all of them

almost every British wrestler that goes abroad uses the term "innit to winnit"

every towering powerhouse uses the powerbomb

anyone else notice this

comedy spots in matches tend to replicate the Stop Look Slap Wait Whats that Receives another slap routine from that one Mike Quackenbush match
Yeah and you forgot black wrestlers all act like rappers and white wrestlers from America all act like wannabe tough guys on the indy circuit or in WWE mostly all of them are pretty boy underwear models.

I'm not really complaining but I'd like to see some more people being themselves and inventing new shit rather than paying homage or worrying more about how they look then how they can perform in the ring and on the mic.

·
@delecast
4,407 Posts
Usually it's only smaller guys in Japan who employ martial arts kicks. Most of the heavyweights just head drop everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts