Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why the fucking hell is Jerry Lawler the #1 contender? I assume it's to set up a match between him and Cole at Mania'. But if that's the case, that means Lawler once again doesn't get pinned clean... I know they're booking Miz weak, and I agree that he should be, but not being able to beat an old man is ridiculous. God help me if Jerry wins I swear.

I won't be watching RAW now till' Elimination chamber as it's painful to see what they might do to build this up. They surely can make Jerry vs Cole in a different way? For example Cole gets ridiculously pissed off about how King is stealing his thunder, so attacks him to cost him the #1 contender shot? Something like that.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
They are giving King a nice little sendoff. I see nothing wrong that that.

It wouldn't even bother me if King beats Miz.

Reactions: peowulf

·
"MINUS FIVE STARS"
1,858 Posts
Many are calling this Lawler's last run in the WWE leading to an eventual Wrestlemania retirement. He deserves his moment.

LC beat me to it.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are giving King a nice little sendoff. I see nothing wrong that that.

It wouldn't even bother me if King beats Miz.
They decide to give a washed up "legend" a send off on one of the top rising stars in the company? They can do it in other ways. Surely as a wrestling fan it would bother you? Whether you hate Miz or not, you don't want Jerry "I'm boring" Lawler to headline Wrestlemani when he's had no storyline at all this year? Jeez.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I totally agree with you. This is one of the worst 'angles' that I can remember. Unbelievably boring and it shits on all of the current talent.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
They decide to give a washed up "legend" a send off on one of the top rising stars in the company? They can do it in other ways. Surely as a wrestling fan it would bother you? Whether you hate Miz or not, you don't want Jerry "I'm boring" Lawler to headline Wrestlemani when he's had no storyline at all this year? Jeez.
Lawler, as old as he is, is more credible than Miz. I'd rather Lawler be at Wrestlemania.

And even if Lawler beats Miz it doesn't mean he'll have the title when Wrestlemania comes around.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
They're doing it for one reason: To ensure that Miz walks into WrestleMania as WWE Champion.

WWE knows that Miz can't believably win an Elimination Chamber match. That's why he's not in it.

·
"MINUS FIVE STARS"
1,858 Posts
Sadly enough though, other than John Cena, Lawler is OVER. I doubt this will translate into EC buys, but the crowds have been hot for him lately.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
They're doing it for one reason: To ensure that Miz walks into WrestleMania as WWE Champion.

WWE knows that Miz can't believably win an Elimination Chamber match. That's why he's not in it.
Well they can ensure he wins any match they book him in... :p

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lawler, as old as he is, is more credible than Miz. I'd rather Lawler be at Wrestlemania.

And even if Lawler beats Miz it doesn't mean he'll have the title when Wrestlemania comes around.
Sorry but that's completely stupid. I see you don't understand the current youth movement. Miz having 3 wins over Randy Orton (clean or not) is more credibly than King can ever be.

Maybe so... but why can't they push someone like Morrison to the main event once again, pull off an awesome match instead of a boring shit match and let Miz still win in a poor manner. I don't mind if it's someone credible like Morrison, Orton, Cena, Punk or any of the sort. Cena in theory should be pissed at Miz for potentially kayfaybe wise costing him a main eventing wrestlemania spot.

·
9,856 Posts
Crayo said:
Maybe so... but why can't they push someone like Morrison to the main event once again, pull off an awesome match instead of a boring shit match and let Miz still win in a poor manner.
It won't be a "boring shit match." King is a largely superior worker to Miz and will make it a good match. And I don't know if you haven't noticed, but Miz isn't going to win any match other than in a poor manner. There's no escaping that.
Well they can ensure he wins any match they book him in... :p
True, but they're already having trouble making sure the fans still care about Miz. If he was actually in the EC and won it, they'd stop caring completely.

Remember how Del Rio's 'Rumble victory went? Yeah, something like that.

"Uhh... this guy WON?"

·
the endorse who set the course
8,677 Posts
i like the cole lawler bickering, cole vs lawler at mania is a match i wanna see. i don't even care that he's the #1 contender, it's not like he'll main event mania(which will probably be a letdown anyway, hbk vs taker won't be able to save it) and raw sucks, so at least we're getting something different.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
True, but they're already having trouble making sure the fans still care about Miz. If he was actually in the EC and won it, they'd stop caring completely.

Remember how Del Rio's 'Rumble victory went? Yeah, something like that.

"Uhh... this guy WON?"
I agree with the Del Rio statement, as I never expected it either. Though, Miz is more over than any other heel at the moment. His heat is overpowering Punks, who has Nexus behind him and is feuding with the top star (was). Don't know if you noticed, but Miz is now getting half-boo's half-cheer's now. People find him funny, because he is.

Evo, it'll be a shit match and you know it. Didn't you watch Lawler recently? He does a few punches, jumps off a top rope and does a mediocre drop kick. A-men.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
I was stoked that ADR won the Rumble. I think alot of people were. I don't see that as being unrealistic at all.

As for Miz, how many times has he beaten Orton now?

I agree with the Del Rio statement, as I never expected it either. Though, Miz is more over than any other heel at the moment. His heat is overpowering Punks, who has Nexus behind him and is feuding with the top star (was). Don't know if you noticed, but Miz is now getting half-boo's half-cheer's now. People find him funny, because he is.
Miz is not more over than Cole as a heel.

That is kinda funny. Cole is playing his part perfectly.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was stoked that ADR won the Rumble. I think alot of people were. I don't see that as being unrealistic at all.

As for Miz, how many times has he beaten Orton now?
Yeah, but that's WWE's fault for booking Orton over and over. He'll never beat Orton clean, no one will atm. They missed chances to use Morrison and other stars. Lawler has no business being anywhere near the WWE title.

It's easier for Cole to be a heel. He constantly stops matches/scenes with the GM sound, and addresses the crowd with his "can I have your attention please". It's harder for Miz, and he still is incredibly over and does brilliant every promo.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
There is money in Mz vs Lawler, if the fans get behind lawler as they been the past months, then it will be a good match.

Yeah, but that's WWE's fault for booking Orton over and over. He'll never beat Orton clean, no one will atm. They missed chances to use Morrison and other stars. Lawler has no business being anywhere near the WWE title.
Who are you to justified that?

·
9,856 Posts
A lot of people on the internet were. But in the arena, the picture was worth 1,000 words. Except the fans only gave about 10.

And it's funny how you talk about Miz being the top heel. Punk has no reason to get heat now because WWE threw his angle completely to the wayside. And they also made sure that Barrett stopped mattering, so that undeniably, Miz would be getting the most heat, right?

And then the smarks start cheering him. WWE's plan fails again. Hilarious. :lmao

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts

It's easier for Cole to be a heel. He constantly stops matches/scenes with the GM sound, and addresses the crowd with his "can I have your attention please". It's harder for Miz, and he still is incredibly over and does brilliant every promo.
The fact remains though. Cole is more over as a heel. :)

And Miz doesn't have any business being anywhere near the WWE title either...but he's there. Just enjoy it for what it is.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A lot of people on the internet were. But in the arena, the picture was worth 1,000 words. Except the fans only gave about 10.

And it's funny how you talk about Miz being the top heel. Punk has no reason to get heat now because WWE threw his angle completely to the wayside. And they also made sure that Barrett stopped mattering, so that undeniably, Miz would be getting the most heat, right?

And then the smarks start cheering him. WWE's plan fails again. Hilarious. :lmao
Smarks were aways cheering since day one with Punk. And he had close to zero heat when he was in the feud with Cena and you know it. The Nexus themselves had more heat, which is funny as his Nexus is a joke. I'm not dissing Punk, most retards in the audience didn't understand his humour. You can be a top heel without heat imo. But Miz is earning it, and getting more heat at the same time.

@Ladycroft - Miz has no business near it? He does Media daily, the ratings have been top notch right? He can cut an awesome promo and can stay in a good match. Fair enough he gets carried sometimes, but he can stay in a top match and pull it off. He's young, and WWE are in the YOUTH MOVEMENT. This isn't TNA. Miz has every right to be where he is. Cena/Orton/HHH have all said the same in recent interviews, he works his arse off.

14,478 Posts
I think it's a ridiculous match to be honest.

Here people are (including me) criticising TNA that they push old stars, but at least you dont see them in world title matches.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts