Wrestling Forum banner

Info on possible future TNA videogame!

5119 Views 47 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  Dufrais
ESPN.com interviewed 345 Games senior producer, Matt McEnerny about the possibility of a future TNA Impact Wrestling videogame.

Here what was said:
ESPN.com: With 345 Games building around the Spike TV brands, will you guys use the “Bellator” engine as a basis for a TNA Impact game. Seems like that is a license that already has a built-in audience ready to play.

345 Games: Personally, I’d love to make an Impact game. They’re part of the Spike family, so it’s certainly possible. We’re still working with Kung Fu Factory on the updates for “Bellator,” so can we use this engine? It’s possible, but nothing is set in stone.

MY OPINION: Looking at the Bellator videogame, i'm not very impressed with either the engine and graphics of the videogame. Looks like it belongs on PS1. Not the PS3 or Xbox 360. I think, TNA should wait for something better. Unless, This developer can improve.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
723 Posts
If I was TNA I would try to get a title to lauch wit the new generation of games. Be the first wrestling game on the next generation.

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I was TNA I would try to get a title to lauch wit the new generation of games. Be the first wrestling game on the next generation.
Yeah, I agree. But looking at some of the demos of the Bellator game. TNA should not work with these developers. It just seems poor and badly made. I actually, liked the engine of the last TNA videogame. But that game didn't have enough product in it to make it good. Everybody seemed to have the same moveset, which was very little, small roster,no match variations. But the game, had good graphics and a good engine (although, the graphics of the crowd could have some work)

· Registered
10,151 Posts
Unreal Engine 3 > this shitty bellator arcade engine.

All the previous game needed was more attention to detail and content.

· Registered
1,853 Posts
I just watched the Bellator stuff from E3. The graphics are not PS1 or even PS2 graphics. What the game lacks is in actual game play. Seems like ever thing is just the same punching and kicking.

I also think this is a downloadable only title so that would also be a reason why the engine doesn't look as good.

· Premium Member
4,422 Posts
TNA really needs to get a video game on the way. It's a way of easily get brand recognition.
We've been done this road before. The last TNA video game didn't help get any considerable business for the company long term and sold poorly. There is a reason no one has tired to pick up the franchise.

Whoever made The Bellator game is going to be in for a rude awakening...what is this the fucking 2002? Those graphics look terrible.

· Registered
1,853 Posts
I hate wrestling games where the main story is building your own wrestler and going through the single player mode. That is what turned me off of their first game. The graphics at the time where probably the best looking wrestling game on the market.

The entire point in buying a wrestling game i so you can play as your favorite wrestlers. So why would I want to make my own and go through the majority of the game like that.

· Registered
1,853 Posts
We've been done this road before. The last TNA video game didn't help get any considerable business for the company long term and sold poorly. There is a reason no one has tired to pick up the franchise.

Whoever made The Bellator game is going to be in for a rude awakening...what is this the fucking 2002? Those graphics look terrible.
TNA's last game sold over a million copies. Do you know how many game companies would like to sell over a million copies? Not to mention it was TNA's first game.

· Registered
10,151 Posts
As a MMA game it isn't bad since it reminds me the old UFC dreamcast videogame but the unreal engire is far superior in graphics and gameplay.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,776 Posts
The graphics on the last TNA game looked pretty kickass(Didn't actually play it). But if they had the graphics from the previous game and better gameplay, it could possibly be better then WWE's wrestling games, which always tend to lack something every year.

· Registered
39,577 Posts
Unreal Engine 3 > this shitty bellator arcade engine.

All the previous game needed was more attention to detail and content.
And a gaming company that wasn't on its last legs. And didn't Rockstar take interest in doing the last TNA game?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.