Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1654 Posts

·
2,775 Posts
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

Yeah, Kongs signed with WWE.

I do think it'll be a loss to SHIMMER, clearly, but I understand what thephenomenalone is saying. If they can get Taylor Wilde in though, then that will be a great signing.

I'm now watching Vol. 33, so i'll review it later on.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Yeah, Kongs signed with WWE.

I do think it'll be a loss to SHIMMER, clearly, but I understand what thephenomenalone is saying. If they can get Taylor Wilde in though, then that will be a great signing.

I'm now watching Vol. 33, so i'll review it later on.
To be honest I'm not that big a fan of Taylor Wilde and I'm not sure if she would really benefit Shimmer at the minute. I'd much rather see them use the money it would cost to book Wilde to bring in some new talent who haven't had the opportunity to be on tv.

·
Registered
395 Posts

Assuming that it's true I don't think in all honesty it is a huge loss for Shimmer. Obviously Kong is very talented but her sheer size does affect how they can realistically book her you just can't put many people over Kong and seeing as they don't seem to want to put the title on her you can end up with non-finishes to protect her (see the title match with Del Rey and the tag title match with Del Rey vs Neveah and Ashley Lane).
Agreed. And incidentally, that's also the reason why i wasn't too bothered when she left TNA : there's only so much you can do with such a monster heel before becoming redundant. And with Kong holding the KO championship twice, and the tag championship once, there wasn't much left for her to accomplish in TNA anyway.

In Shimmer, Pazak already tries to book as many wrestlers as possible each volume, without involving the big stars in the title scene, hence the Shimmer girls vs joshi series of matches. With Kong gone, it's one less match to book on the card.

As far as Taylor goes... meh. Bringing her in right now would do nothing but overcrowd the show a bit more (though i don't know if the joshi girls will still be there at the next tapings), without too much upside.

·
Banned
373 Posts

There are other people who can fill Kongs spot. Plus Kong will now be exposed to the largest wrestling audience and they will hopefully buy a few Shimmer DVDs.

As for Taylor, I don't think she is worth a big payday she probably would want from working for indys.

·
~KENTA~
1,307 Posts

As someone already said, I doubt Wilde would demand a huge payday judging by how much she was earning in TNA. Not sure if it was her or not, but I recall a story she told about working part-time somewhere (just to make ends meet while working for TNA, no less) and a TNA fan recognized her and she immediately quit.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

There are other people who can fill Kongs spot. Plus Kong will now be exposed to the largest wrestling audience and they will hopefully buy a few Shimmer DVDs.
Yeah, this is something I was going to mention - the positive side of the increased exposure that SHIMMER can get from someone going to WWE and TNA.

I think Taylor should definitely come back, personally.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts

I would love to have Shantelle Taylor back in Shimmer as well :) and I am also very happy that Kong signed with WWE and if fans look her up on Wiki they will be exposed to both TNA and SHIMMER so its helping alot for both of those promotions imo.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts

Is Volume 34 out yet?

Didn't really like volume 33 apart from McKay/Matthews which is ***3/4 IMO. Really, really good match. Lots of back and forth action. And I'm becoming a huge fan of Nicole Mathews. Jesse McKay is good too, but let's just say she's not my favourite girlfriend :p

Skater vs Deeb was pretty entertaining and I must say I'm starting to get behind Skater. Really funny. And she's good in the ring as well.

The main event was boring. Now this is the the 3rd Shimmer DVD I've seen (28, 31 and 33) so maybe it's because
I haven't seen much of her work, but I'm not really a fan of Madison Eagles.

But the main problem I have with SHIMMER is that the women aren't serious sometimes. I know it's an indy and all but sometimes they try to get those horny, pervert-looking men in attendance to laugh so hard they hardly sell.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts

CM vs Hamada was awesome.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts

Oh thats very reasonable, gonna have to stock up next month (My job with the my college is the only Paying job I have and I dont get to do it again until mid Feb. Only other job I do at that school goes directly toward tuition/loans.) Will have to pick up 34 for sure and probobly 12, 22, 33, and wait for the other new ones to come out. Will be great to not have to download for awhile.

·
Administrator
33,717 Posts

Since the "post your Shimmer collection" thread recently got bumped on the Shimmer forum I thought I'd take the opportunity to post the pics of my collection here. It's a bit out of date but this is my collection as of December 14th 09.

Volumes 1-25 + 1&2 Collectors Edition all original release. (Now includes 26-33)

Volume 6 autographed by Allison Danger & Volume 13 autographed by Rain & Lacey

Volume 2 autographed by Lacey & Allison Danger and Volume 15 autographed by Amazing Kong

Daizee Haze collection 3 out of 4 DVDs and all cards autographed

Other Shimmer related best ofs. Lacey, Del Rey and Daffney ones autographed

Homewrecking Crew collection

Other Shimmer autographed 8x10s

Roster albums and flyers

Shimmer related shirts

Portia Perez collection both DVDs autographed plus ring worn shirt from Volume 24 street fight

Custom compilations made by me inc copies autographed by Melissa, MsChif & Rain

Full womens wrestling DVD collection inc non Shimmer stuff

Not Shimmer related but a big piece of my womens wrestling collection. Mickie James autographed and dated Divas title from when she won it at Night Of Champions.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #120

Since the "post your Shimmer collection" thread recently got bumped on the Shimmer forum I thought I'd take the opportunity to post the pics of my collection here. It's a bit out of date but this is my collection as of December 14th 09.

Volumes 1-25 + 1&2 Collectors Edition all original release. (Now includes 26-33)

Volume 6 autographed by Allison Danger & Volume 13 autographed by Rain & Lacey

Volume 2 autographed by Lacey & Allison Danger and Volume 15 autographed by Amazing Kong

Daizee Haze collection 3 out of 4 DVDs and all cards autographed

Other Shimmer related best ofs. Lacey, Del Rey and Daffney ones autographed

Homewrecking Crew collection

Other Shimmer autographed 8x10s

Roster albums and flyers

Shimmer related shirts

Portia Perez collection both DVDs autographed plus ring worn shirt from Volume 24 street fight

Custom compilations made by me inc copies autographed by Melissa, MsChif & Rain

Full womens wrestling DVD collection inc non Shimmer stuff

Not Shimmer related but a big piece of my womens wrestling collection. Mickie James autographed and dated Divas title from when she won it at Night Of Champions.
You appear to be single-handedly keeping women's wrestling afloat there.

101 - 120 of 1654 Posts