Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1654 Posts

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread

I don't mind short, sharp matches (in wrestling in general) as long as they're done well. Seven to ten minutes of crisp action can often be more entertaining than a long-winded slog.

There are, probably, too many matches on the average SHIMMER DVD though. I'm not sure whether the Volumes are deliberately designed to be dipped in and out of, rather than to be watched from start to finish.
I think the short matches are something we just have to accept due to the way Shimmer operates. Shooting several volumes together rather eliminates the possiblity of hour long matches if the women are going to apear on more than one dvd. Also, because of the gap between tapings, it's impossible to know who will be available next time. The danger is that if just 3 of the top women were missing (let's say Del Rey, Melissa and MsChif) the whole card is fucked. By compromising on match length in order to squeeze a few more in they can at least ensure that, in the event of injury to top stars, they have some women who've been seen on previous volumes rather than using complete outsiders.

·
2,775 Posts

Damn, can't wait to see them. I really like the cover art on both of them, infact from what i've seen I truely haven't seen an awful cover from SHIMMER as of yet.

·
~KENTA~
1,307 Posts

It's actually ridiculous how much better the cover art is for SHIMMER compared to ROH's usual awful covers.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

The cover art is awesome. 35's looks great and the card looks must-see. I like the way the front of 35 puts over the matches as a Triple Main Event. I'll definitely be buying that one.

As for the comparison with ROH - there is no comparison. The quality of the raw photography and the quality of the cover designs is streets ahead, on the SHIMMER releases. There are 100s of pics (posted on the SHIMMER forum) that'll never even be used, that are better than the ones ROH puts on its website and DVD covers.

·
False Prophets
12,630 Posts

Awesome covers on both. Vol 35 has some great match-ups. Melissa/Kurihara, Matthews/Hamada definitely has my attention.

Also glad to see Athena come back on Vol 36.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Awesome covers on both. Vol 35 has some great match-ups. Melissa/Kurihara, Matthews/Hamada or definitely has my attention.
both were great matches, also daffney vs rachel summerlynn from 36 & the 8 woman tag are highly recommended.

·
Registered
244 Posts

I am loving the covers for Volumes 35 & 36 in fact 36 might be my favourite cover Shimmer have ever done. ROH needs to do what Shimmer is doing and let more fans submit covers and if they're good use them. Can't wait to see the Eagles vs McKay title match and the 8 woman tag.

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts

I literally can't wait to see some of those matches. Eagles/McKay could potentially be a very good match. Jessie's been improving volume after volume, so it'll be nice to see how she handles such a big match situation. Plus, the history's already there.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I'm interested in SHIMMER but I couldn't find the DVD Region Code in my search. We live in Australia which accepts Region 4. Our player is not multi-region. I think we could play it if they were encoded Region 0, but Region 1 is a no-go. So I'm wondering what region are the discs.

Thanks very much.

·
Banned
373 Posts

region free

·
Banned
4,312 Posts

Cover art for 35 & 36:
It looks good...can't wait to see the 8 woman elimiation match.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

It's being discussed in over9000 places already but what do people think of Kong signing with WWE, from a SHIMMER perspective?

·
Registered
244 Posts

It's being discussed in over9000 places already but what do people think of Kong signing with WWE, from a SHIMMER perspective?
Assuming that it's true I don't think in all honesty it is a huge loss for Shimmer. Obviously Kong is very talented but her sheer size does affect how they can realistically book her you just can't put many people over Kong and seeing as they don't seem to want to put the title on her you can end up with non-finishes to protect her (see the title match with Del Rey and the tag title match with Del Rey vs Neveah and Ashley Lane). At the moment Shimmer has so many big main eventers they are struggling to fit them all on the cards anyway so this loss isn't as bad as it would of been a year or two ago.

81 - 100 of 1654 Posts