Wrestling Forum banner

Indy Show Draws More Than TNA

1725 Views 28 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  McQueen
Sorry if this has been posted

- A Southern All-Star Wrestling independent show at the Nashville Fairgrounds last night headlined by WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler vs. Bill Dundee reportedly drew 1,700 paid fans. In comparison, TNA’s recent farewell tribute show at the Fairgrounds only drew 900 fans.

Dutch Mantell special refereed the match that saw Lawler defeat his longtime rival in a 16 minute match with the piledriver.
Source F4Wonline.com / Wrestling-Edge.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· The Definition of Excellence
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are seriously telling me no one sees a problem with an indy show being able to outdraw a national promotion? I found it pretty shocking myself.

· The Definition of Excellence
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Again, you must not realize how huge the Dundee/Lawler feud was in Memphis. The match likely drew people in that quit watching wrestling long ago, but remember and loved this feud back in the day.
And that's a fantastic point. That a feud that was that red hot back in the day, can still draw today due to nothing more then nostalgia. Shouldn't one of the current angles be doing the same? Your point is that it drew all the fans that don't watch anymore. Are there really that many more fans who use to watch wrestling, then there are who currently watch?

@ZackDanielson
Obviously, I do. Otherwise I probably wouldn't of posted this. As a fan I generally find it surprising that some little indy show pulled that off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.