Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1353 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
Just won two awesome lots on ebay. Got 7 full IWA:MS TPI Tournaments 2002-2008 for £45 ($65ish) and all 9 WXW16 Carat Gold Tournaments 2007-2015 plus the 2015 Tag Tournament and 2013 Triangle League for £105 ($150ish). Same shows from SMV even in a sale would of cost over $500 plus shipping :mark:
Cool. There's a four way match involving Danielson/Black from the 2009 event that I've been after for a while now, so nice one.

·
Administrator
33,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
The ebay guy offered me a great deal on all the Chikara King Of Trios so grabbed those as well :$

Gabe has announced a whole bunch of new Blu Rays being released at shows this weekend and online next week

Shine 28
Shine 29
Evolve 43
Evolve 44
Evolve 45
Evolve 46
Evolve 47
FIP Fallout 2015

They also have PWG ASW & Lemmy DVDs and Blu Rays in stock so hoping for a sale soon.

·
Administrator
33,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
RF sale would be very nice. Haven't ordered anything except WWE, SMV & Ebay since Black Friday because no-one else has had sales.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I can use a sale from Gabe as well as I really need to catch up on those PWG shows.

Hoping RF does something as well as I've been eyeing House of Hardcore 11. Hero vs Tajiri? Yeah, I need that in the collection.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Regal's big EVOLVE announcement was that EVOLVE will host some qualifying. Not sure whether I should be excited, or mourn the approaching death of the indies.

·
The NEW
13,420 Posts

ROH CONQUEST TOUR 2016: PHILADELPHIA

The All Night Express vs. Dalton Castle & The Boys - *

Adam Page & Jonathan Gresham vs. BJ Whitmer & Cedric Alexander - *

The Briscoes & Cheeseburger vs. War Machine & Moose - *1/2

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship
KUSHIDA (c) vs. ACH - ***1/4

Joey Daddiego vs. Will Ferrara - *

reDRagon vs. Adam Cole & Roderick Strong - ***1/4

The Addiction vs. The Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Young Bucks - ***1/4

ROH World Championship
Jay Lethal (c) vs. Matt Sydal - *1/2

Quite a meh show, but at least KUSHIDA/ACH, reDRagon vs. Cole & Roddy + the 3-way tag were fun.​

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
EVOLVE 53
(January 22, 2016)

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Tournament, First Round
The Premier Athlete Brand (Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley) vs The Bravado Brothers (Harlem & Lancelot) *3/4

Jason Cade vs Joe Coleman *

Style Battle Round Robin Tournament, Match #1
Matt Riddle vs Peter Kaasa *3/4

Ethan Page vs PJ Black **

RPG Vice (Rocky Romero & Trent Baretta) vs Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Bill Carr) **1/4

Style Battle Round Robin Tournament, Match #2
Fred Yehi vs Tracy Williams ***1/4

Heroes Eventually Die (Chris Hero & Tommy End) vs Zack Sabre Jr. & Sami Callihan ****

Catch Point (Drew Gulak & TJ Perkins) vs Drew Galloway & Johnny Gargano *1/2

Overall Rating: 5.25

EVOLVE 54
(January 23, 2016)

Second Chance Tag Team Tournament, First Round
Team Tremendous (Bill Carr & Dan Barry) vs The Premier Athlete Brand (Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley) **

Style Battle Round Robin Tournament, Match #3
Matt Riddle vs Fred Yehi **

Tommaso Ciampa vs Ethan Page **1/2

Second Chance Tag Team Tournament, First Round
Sami Callihan & Zack Sabre Jr. vs Catch Point (Drew Gulak & TJ Perkins) ***1/4

Style Battle Round Robin Tournament, Match #4
Tracy Williams vs Peter Kaasa **3/4

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Tournament, Semi-Finals
The Bravado Brothers vs Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway **3/4

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Tournament, Semi-Finals
RPG Vice vs Heroes Eventually Die (Chris Hero & Tommy End) ***1/4

Overall Rating: 5.25

EVOLVE 55
(January 24, 2016)

Anthony Nese vs Ethan Page vs Fred Yehi vs Jason Cade *3/4

Caleb Konley vs Tommaso Ciampa **1/2

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Sami Callihan ***

Style Battle Round Robin Tournament Finals
Matt Riddle vs Tracy Williams ***1/2

Second Chance Tag Team Tournament Finals - Elimination Match
The Bravado Brothers vs Team Tremendous vs RPG Vice vs Catch Point **

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Tournament, Finals
Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway vs Heroes Eventually Die (Chris Hero & Tommy End) *1/2

Overall Rating: 4.5

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts
Wow, Bailey's wallet just got a hell of a lot lighter. What a shame. Maybe he can find a way to work in Japan or Mexico or something? Idk how VISAs work. haha

·
Administrator
33,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
That really sucks for Bailey, that's the same thing that happened to Seleziya Sparks wasn't it? seems a really harsh punishment.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
That really sucks for Bailey, that's the same thing that happened to Seleziya Sparks wasn't it? seems a really harsh punishment.
Yeah. Seleziya's since retired. Not sure if the border issue had anything to do with it but I feel like it didn't help considering the only notable Canadian fed she worked for regularly was Alpha-1. I'm pretty sure a similar thing happened to Alexia Nicole and thats why she suddenly disappeared. It's definitely a harsh punishment considering how little they walk away with at the end. I think promoters really need to get togethef and help guys get over the border the right way, or stop using them. It's risky for people to cross the border, and getting flagged in the way Sparx and Bailey did is something that hurts them outside of wrestling. I'm sure that will be attached to their name for the rest of their lives, and could cause issues when they're just trying to vacation with family.

Bailey will do fine in Canada I think if he doesn't hang it up (I'm not sure what 'it' is here considering that he doesn't wear boots, haha). Sucks because this will likely affect him taking bookings in Europe.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
I'm sure it's possible to make a full time living doing just indies in Canada.....but damn it has to be tough. Can do two shows most weekend in southern Ontario/Quebec probably, but some of those would have to be low low level. Might have to throw in some CWE tours in the Prairies which are some damn long road trips. At least it's 5/6 shows in 5-7 nights.

141 - 160 of 1353 Posts