Brian Cage vs. Chris Dickinson - **3/4

Drew Gulak vs. Timothy Thatcher - ***1/2

Sami Callihan vs. Trevor Lee - ***1/2

Drew Galloway vs. Jack Evans - ***1/4

Adam Cole vs. Mike Bailey - **3/4

Akira Tozawa vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. - ***1/2

PWG World Championship
Roderick Strong (c) vs. Chris Hero - ***1/2

Awesome show. There were no bad matches, and Gulak/Thatcher, Callihan/Lee, Tozawa/ZSJ & Roddy/Hero were all really good. (Y)​

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Just saw on Highspots that PWG did another ASW. I've yet to pick up ASW 11, so that's $120 I have to spend in PWG. Needless to say, I won't be picking up anything until there's a sale. I was originally gonna get ASW 11 on DVD but seeing as they did 12, and seeing as I'm OCD, I don't want my collection to have anymore DVDs once I go Blu Ray with PWG. Unless, PWG Blu Ray isn't worth the extra $5 as most companies don't even put out Blu Ray quality shows. It often looks more like Youtube 720p quality.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,394 Posts
Watched the Many Adventures of EL GENERICO DVD over the last couple of days.

:banderas :banderas :banderas

Disc Two esp has to be one of the fucking GOAT wrestling discs out there. :mark: Watching Generico/Ricochet, Generico/Shingo esp for the first time was bloody marvellous. I've left the Seven triple threat match until last as I adore that match so I'll watch it later.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Just saw on Highspots that PWG did another ASW. I've yet to pick up ASW 11, so that's $120 I have to spend in PWG. Needless to say, I won't be picking up anything until there's a sale. I was originally gonna get ASW 11 on DVD but seeing as they did 12, and seeing as I'm OCD, I don't want my collection to have anymore DVDs once I go Blu Ray with PWG. Unless, PWG Blu Ray isn't worth the extra $5 as most companies don't even put out Blu Ray quality shows. It often looks more like Youtube 720p quality.
PWG Blu Rays are worth it IMO. Quality looks phenomenal compared to DVD.

--

Is it just me or are PWG relying on this All Star Weekend gimmick a lot lately? I've heard that they want to run more double shot weekends but it would be cool to see them change it up a little. Dedicate one to DDT4 and bring in more great tag teams. Maybe I'm wrong but it feels like there are more shows these days that are ASW than not.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Only reason I never got that Generico set is because I already have all three volumes of Sells Out which basically has 95% of the matches on the Generico set. And that says A LOT about Generico.

And I'll take the gamble with the PWG Blu Rays when the time comes. And I'm not a fan of the weekend approach if they're gonna do it like an ASW type thing. Would much prefer something along the lines of Beyond's approach where they do an A-team/B-team weekend.

·
Registered
467 Posts
PWG Lëmmy
(January 2, 2016)

Brian Cage vs Chris Dickinson ***

Drew Gulak vs Timothy Thatcher ***1/2

Sami Callihan vs Trevor Lee **1/4

Drew Galloway vs Jack Evans **3/4

Mike Bailey vs Adam Cole **1/4

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Akira Tozawa ***1/4

PWG World Championship
Roderick Strong (c) vs Chris Hero ***1/4

Overall Rating: 6.5

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I know it's only $5, but I can't justify blu-ray for my movies/wrestling shows. It's just not that much better to me.

I like the DDT4 double shot idea.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,152 Posts
Matt Hardy vs. Lance Storm
Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurl
Team Jeff Jarrett vs. Team Joey Ryan (10-man tag members TBD)
Drago, Fireball, and Jack Evans vs. Aero Star, Fenix, and Andrew Everett
Abyss. AR Fox vs. Trevor Lee vs. Mike Bailey vs. Jeff Hardy (Monster's Ball)

What kind of lunatic is booking this show?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Matt Hardy vs. Lance Storm
Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurl
Team Jeff Jarrett vs. Team Joey Ryan (10-man tag members TBD)
Drago, Fireball, and Jack Evans vs. Aero Star, Fenix, and Andrew Everett
Abyss. AR Fox vs. Trevor Lee vs. Mike Bailey vs. Jeff Hardy (Monster's Ball)

What kind of lunatic is booking this show?
It's like they are picking random names out of a hat :lol

·
The Whole Shebang
970 Posts
If nothing else Wrestlecon match cards are very interesting and always one of a kind. And inevitably I always find them enjoyable. Hoping the Team Joey Ryan vs Team Jeff Jarrett match is as fun as last year's Team Hero vs Team Cabana. They ended up with some really odd, interesting teams that made for a fun watch.

With that being said I see them killing Mike Bailey in that match. RIP Speedball. And of course Fox will kill himself....oh god, the crazy shit he will do!

·
Le Champion
18,669 Posts
March 15th: We need to start off by giving you a big THANK YOU! This Saturday's EVOLVE 56 event in Queens, NY will be the largest attendance for EVOLVE in Queens. Then EVOLVE 58 will set the all-time EVOLVE attendance record! However, the record won't stand long as it looks like EVOLVE 59 will break the EVOLVE 58 record and become the first EVOLVE show with over 1000 fans! You make it happen! Thank you for all your support and for making us grow. We will strive our hardest to make EVOLVE better for you with your support. Thank you!

March 15th: The live iPPVs for this Saturday's EVOLVE 56, this Sunday's EVOLVE 57 and this Sunday's Tier 1 are available for pre-order at www.WWNLive.com right now. We have a special offer. Buy both EVOLVE 56 and EVOLVE 57, as well Tier 1's March To Victory Live iPPVs with VOD option and get one WWN Brand VOD (EVOLVE, SHINE, FIP, Viva La Lucha, WWN China Tour, WWN Supershow or ACW) and one Tier 1 VOD for free. To claim your free VODs just send your paypal receipts to [email protected] with your free selections. Offer ends this Friday at midnight EST. Take advantage of the buy 3, get 2 free offer!

EVOLVE 56 - Queens, NY - March 19th - 6pm EST
Tix & Info At DGUSA.tv and 267-638-6583

NXT General Manager William Regal will be available for pictures and autographs! Regal will also participate in the live event.

EVOLVE Title Match
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Matt Riddle

Best In The World Challenge Series - The WWN Icon
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Johnny Gargano

Grudge Tag Team Match
Team Tremendous vs. Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley

Special Challenge Match #1
Chris Hero vs. Tracy Williams

Special Challenge Match #2
Sami Callihan vs. TJ Perkins

Special Attraction Match
Drew Gulak vs. Fred Yehi

Bonus Match
Ethan Page vs. Mike Bailey

--------------------

EVOLVE 57 - Brooklyn, NY - March 20th - 8pm EST
Tix & Info At DGUSA.tv and 267-638-6583

NXT General Manager William Regal will be available for pictures and autographs! Regal will also participate in the live event.

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Match
Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway defend vs. Team Tremendous of Dan Barry & Bill Carr

EVOLVE Title Match (If Thatcher Retains At EVOLVE 56)

Timothy Thatcher vs. Caleb Konley

EVOLVE Title Match (If Riddle Wins The Championship At EVOLVE 56)
Matt Riddle vs. Chris Hero

Best In The World Challenge Series - The Technician
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Drew Gulak

Grudge Match
Sami Callihan vs. Tracy Williams

EVOLVE 43 Rematch
TJ Perkins vs. Mike Bailey

Special Challenge Match
Ethan Page vs. Fred Yehi

--------------------

EVOLVE 58 - Dallas, TX - April 1st - 4pm CST
Tix & Info At DGUSA.tv or MoreThanMania.com and 267-638-6583

Kota Ibushi will be available for autographs and pictures before the event!

Best In The World Challenge Series - The Flyer
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay

Tag Team Challenge Match
Chris Hero & Tommy End vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams

Special Attraction Match
Ricochet vs. TJ Perkins

Plus more to be signed with Timothy Thatcher, Johnny Gargano, Drew Galloway, Sami Callihan, Marty Scurll Caleb Konley, Anthony Nese, Matt Riddle, Ethan Page, Fred Yehi and others!

--------------------

EVOLVE 59 - Dallas, TX - April 2nd - Noon CST
Tix & Info At DGUSA.tv or MoreThanMania.com and 267-638-6583

Kota Ibushi will be available for autographs and pictures before the event!

USA vs. Europe Series Match #1
Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay

USA vs. Europe Series Match #2
EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher vs. Marty Scurll

USA vs. Europe Series Match #3 - Best In The World Challenge Series - The Fighter
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Matt Riddle

USA vs. Europe Series Match #4
TJ Perkins vs. Tommy End

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Match (If Gargano & Galloway Retain At EVOLVE 57)
Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams

Plus more to be signed with Chris Hero, Sami Callihan, Anthony Nese, Ethan Page, Fred Yehi and others!

--------------------

WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2016 - Dallas, TX - April 2nd - 8pm CST
Tix & Info At www.MoreThanMania.com or 267-638-6583

The WWN Supershow will be a Night Of Appreciation for Terry Funk. Mr. Funk will be honored in the ring during the event. He will be available for pictures and autographs.

The Six Man Tag Team Tradition Continues - Days Of Future Past
Kota Ibushi, Johnny Gargano & TJ Perkins
vs.
Will Ospreay, Tommy End & Marty Scurll

EVOLVE Championship Match (If Thatcher Is Still Champion)
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Sami Callihan

Best In The World Challenge Series - The Rival
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Chris Hero

SHINE Championship Match
Taylor Made with So Cal Val & Andrea defends vs. Ivelisse

FIP World Heavyweight Title Fatal Four Way
Caleb Konley defends vs. Maxwell Chicago vs. Gary Jay vs. Jason Cade

Special Challenge Match
Ethan Page vs. Anthony Nese with So Cal Val & Andrea

Plus more with Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams, Matt Riddle, Fred Yehi and others!!!​

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Review of the recent UWA Hardcore show. While writing this I realized that my reviews kind of suck, but it's something haha.

UWA Hardcore: Reincarnation

Joe Gacy vs. Cloudy
- Really good opener. It's crazy how good Joe Gacy has gotten and Cloudy is still really good in the ring despite being away from wrestling for so long.

Joey Janela vs. Sam Shields
- Decent match. I was somewhat distracted so I don't remember a whole lot from it.

Pinkie Sanchez vs. Cheech
- A really good match between two guys who are really under-rated. Nothing else to say about it honestly.

Epitaph vs. Corey Mason
- Epitaph wrestles as Mike Rollins on the Canadian indies. This was a good match, but again nothing really memorable. My first time seeing Mason wrestle here and he's a decent talent. Would love to see more of him in other places.

Facade vs. Jason Kincaid
- Probably one of the better matches on the card. Facade is another guy who's gotten really good over the years and he and Kincaid mixed well. Kincaid has really grown on me recently. Hope to see him show up in more places as well. I've heard the name for years but never watched him until he showed up in ROH recently.

Facade vs. Blk Jeez
- Blk Jeez came out after Facade/Kincaid and cut a promo about how all the younger guys care more about their flippy shit than telling a story. It lead to Jeez/Facade. It was surprisingly good.

Lionel Knight vs. Rip Impact
- Rip Impact on the main event of a show is something I never thought I'd see. I like Lionel Knight but I feel like he's a tag team guy and I don't really care for him as much as a singles wrestler. This was good for what it was. A little off to put this as the main event, but I guess it was something to send the old school UWA fans home happy. Personally looking at the people booked, I would have liked to have seen Checkmate vs. Up In Smoke. I'm not sure what Bishop is doing these days but from what I can find he's wrestled as recently as October.

---

Overall, a decent show. I hate star ratings, but if I had to put a star rating on this show, I'd say it's overall a *** show. Nothing was really -bad-, but there was nothing on this show that will leave people talking for years. My only real complaint is the lack of homegrown UWA talent. There was no Osiris, no Checkmate, no Blue Jabroni, no Nick Watts, etc. I'm not sure where some of those guys are these days, but they would have helped make it a "UWA" show. Aside from the main event, this show felt like just another indy show. An indy show with amazing production value, but just another indy show. I don't know if this was a one-off or if the plan is to have it back as a regular thing, but overall I enjoyed this show and I would watch future shows.

·
Administrator
33,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Just won two awesome lots on ebay. Got 7 full IWA:MS TPI Tournaments 2002-2008 for £45 ($65ish) and all 9 WXW16 Carat Gold Tournaments 2007-2015 plus the 2015 Tag Tournament and 2013 Triangle League for £105 ($150ish). Same shows from SMV even in a sale would of cost over $500 plus shipping :mark:

121 - 140 of 1353 Posts