Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1353 Posts

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
The teases of Regal and Thatcher once again being in the same vicinity is getting too much to handle. Good on Yehi for signing, though. Great talent, hope he goes further.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
So I just found out that Rey Mysterio is wrestling Mike Bailey tonight in Montreal. I really hope someone films that.
IWS shows are released through SMV. Takes quite a while though so it'll probably be the summer before that's released.

Also it ended up being changed to a 4 way from what I read.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Meh, lost all interest in that match now that it is a four way. I'm just not a fan of these multi-man matches that are so heavily featured on most indy cards just so that the guys can get their shit in.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Black Dynomite is a Montreal guy I think. Big jacked guy who does an MMA kind of gimmick from what I've seen. By far the least talented guy in the match but he's still okay. Kind of shitty for IWS to build to Rey coming in for so long, and Bailey/Rey for quite a while just to switch it up at the show. Looking at the results, the show overall looks pretty good. I'm sure the FBTW match delivered.

Black Dynomite for anyone who hasn't seen him: http://yulorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IWS_2.jpg

Looks like SMV has a new Nick Mondo DVD coming out.

·
Registered
957 Posts
PWG All-Star Weekend XI - Night 1

Chuck Taylor vs Mark Andrews - ***
I liked them playing up Taylor as somewhat of a 'big guy'. Fun stuff, sick finish. Commentary was a blast, permeating the action with references to Nash vs Mysterio.

Ricochet vs Marty Scurll - ***1/4
Down the line they started to just trade moves but there was some good stuff here, and Scurll is fun to watch.

Unbreakable F'n Machines vs American Wolves - **1/2
This really didn't do much for me.

Sami Callihan vs Drew Gulak - **3/4
Never really been a fan of Callihan and there wasn't much here to suggest he's drastically improved during his tenure at the Performance Centre.

Trevor Lee vs Will Ospreay - ***1/2
Great fun, Lee brought the intensity and Ospreay brought the flips. I wouldn't call it MOTYC-worthy, which is praise I've seen levied at it, but it's still immensely enjoyable.

Mike Bailey vs Kenny Omega - ***
Bailey did his utmost to shrug off Omega's legwork, so that was a shame, but I did LOL at the toy chainsaw spot and they had an exciting closing stretch.

Tomasso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano vs The Young Bucks - ***1/4
Perfectly enjoyable, there were some stellar moments but it didn't reach the heights of a Young Bucks match we've become accustomed to.

Roderick Strong vs Matt Sydal - ***1/4
Roderick vs a high flyer always brings a ton of fun and usually something pretty great but something seemed a bit off here. They had the bones of a great match but this was a slight letdown for a main event.

Post-match though...fuck me, such a good moment.

·
Le Champion
18,669 Posts
Kota Ibushi at the WWNLive shows Wrestlemania weekend

:dance
Only gonna be wrestling on the WWN Supershow to clarify, but DAMN. That seems to almost guarantee he'll be a part of WWE's cruiserweight tournament, but who knows.

Hero vs. Sabre and Thatcher vs. Callihan were already made and Gabe said Galloway wouldn't be able to make the Supershow (which sucks), so that pretty much leaves Gargano as the top opponent for Ibushi. I'd totally take that and probably buy the show. Guess he could put him in the annual 6-man too.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
wish WWNLive would release some info on the live streams of their Wrestlemania weekend shows. Hoping to catch both EVOLVE shows live, but going to have to catch a replay of the Saturday Night Supershow. Plan now is to watch that Sunday morning before Mania.

101 - 120 of 1353 Posts