Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1353 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't remember the specific match, just that one spot. I agree that he's doing stuff he doesn't need to in order to make a name for himself, but the same can be said for most of the guys on the indies. A while ago he wrestled a match against an invisible man, and he's a rare breed of Junior Heavyweight that actually has a character/persona that goes beyond being a guy who can do flippy stuff. He could probably do pretty good for himself on that character alone.

I could be wrong but I feel like he's already over 25. I remember one of his matches, the commentators mentioned that he's been around for 10 years but only just now making a name for himself.
I definitely remember hearing the 10 years in the business comment too, in comparison to Lio Rush having only a year and a half or something. I first noticed the risky stuff he was doing when Janela faced Rush at Cage Of Death. Some really brutal spots.

·
Le Champion
18,719 Posts
EVOLVE has made every match official for the Zack Sabre Jr. 'Best in the World' Series:

-EVOLVE 56 vs. The WWN Icon: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Johnny Gargano (March 19)
-EVOLVE 57 vs. The Technician: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Drew Gulak (March 20)
-EVOLVE 58 vs. The Flyer: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay (April 1)
-EVOLVE 59 vs. The Fighter: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Matt Riddle (April 2)
-WWN Supershow vs. The Rival: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Chris Hero (April 2)

Good GOD! And yeah you read that right, he's pulling double duty on 4/2.

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
So i've just done another order with Prazak.

I ordered Volumes 61-64 + 66. But I had to get Volume 65 from ebay since he doesn't have it in stock at the moment.

·
Administrator
33,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I'm waiting for 74 & 75 to go on pre-order before I make my next order, I like watching the shows from the same taping in one go. I'm hoping with the next tapings after Mania not till June that they might actually get fully caught up for once.

·
Le Champion
18,719 Posts
More EVOLVE match announcements that I hope tickles everyone's fancy.

- Chris Hero vs. Tracy Williams has been signed for EVOLVE 56 in Queens, NY!

- Sami Callihan vs. TJ Perkins is set for EVOLVE 56 on March 19th!

- Tracy Williams vs. Sami Callihan is official for EVOLVE 57 in Brooklyn, NY on March 20th!

- Mike Bailey will make his EVOLVE return in New York on March 18th & 19th!

- Ricochet has been added to EVOLVE 58 on April 1st in Dallas, TX!

- Chris Hero & Tommy End vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams is official for EVOLVE 58!

- Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway vs. Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams will take place at EVOLVE 59 at noon on April 2nd in Dallas, TX. If Gargano & Galloway are still EVOLVE Tag Team Champions, the titles will be on the line!

- The Six Man Tag Team Tradition will continue at WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2016 at 8pm on April 2nd in Dallas, TX. We are very excited to announce that Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll will be in the six man tag! We'll have more details on this match soon.

A European team of Galloway, Scurll, & Ospreay vs. Team Catch Point of Gulak, Williams, & Perkins would be a cool idea for the 6-man.

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
I'm waiting for 74 & 75 to go on pre-order before I make my next order, I like watching the shows from the same taping in one go. I'm hoping with the next tapings after Mania not till June that they might actually get fully caught up for once.
That's why I ordered upto 66.

·
Le Champion
18,719 Posts
I don't think I've ever read a single person on this forum say they were a fan of Caleb Konley. :p

·
Le Champion
18,719 Posts
Since Michael Elgin signed a full time contract with New Japan, some dates conflicted and he had to pull out of the Tier 1 show where he was supposed to face Thatcher in a first time match. A shame because they probably lost of bunch of iPPV buys because of it. He had to pull out of next month's AIW Gauntlet for the Gold show too. Think he was supposed to face Ethan Page there but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
Konley the wrestler, meh.

But Konley the person, thumbs up. I was at the Wrestlereunion show in Toronto a few weeks back and the main event of the legends show was an ECW match which I had zero interest in. I left early and out in the lobby Konley was working the highspots booth. Talked to him for probably close to 10 minutes as we were the only two in the lobby. Had a nice chat with him.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Konley is okay in Paragon Pro Wrestling. He's got an interesting character. Don't really care for him in general though.

·
Le Champion
18,719 Posts
Konley has just literally never struck me as being interesting or really all that great in the ring. It feels like he's been around forever though and not really going anywhere unfortunately.

Sami Callihan vs. Ricochet was signed for AAW's March 18th show. That should be a doozy.

You guys going to Wrestlecon are getting the full AAA/LU treatment. First Pentagon, then Flamita/Fireball, and now DRAGO.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
If I ever saw Drago coming towards me on the street......I would set a world record in the 100m dash going the other way.

61 - 80 of 1353 Posts